OT: Renegged on paying the tab for my lunch date yesterday. (long post)

Well Fusion, you know the old adage...

If you keep doing the same things, you're going to get the same result.

Listening to you, I'm guessing that you're attracted to a particular kind of woman. And not only that, but you don't get to know her very well before you try to romance her. That's usually a pretty good recipe for disappointment.

You might want to look at some of the advice some of the older/married men gave in this thread. It's good advice.

Start looking for women who have more integrity. They're around. And many of them are attractive. But you have to have integrity too. Or they'll never be attracted to you. Date women you can respect and talk to. Because believe me, in the end, you're going to spend a whole lot less time out of the sack than in it. And if you think some woman is insipid now, just wait until passion starts to wane. And it will wane.

You're only 25. Take your time. You've got plenty of it.

FallingAlice said:
Well Fusion, you know the old adage...

If you keep doing the same things, you're going to get the same result.

Listening to you, I'm guessing that you're attracted to a particular kind of woman. And not only that, but you don't get to know her very well before you try to romance her. That's usually a pretty good recipe for disappointment.

You might want to look at some of the advice some of the older/married men gave in this thread. It's good advice.

Start looking for women who have more integrity. They're around. And many of them are attractive. But you have to have integrity too. Or they'll never be attracted to you. Date women you can respect and talk to. Because believe me, in the end, you're going to spend a whole lot less time out of the sack than in it. And if you think some woman is insipid now, just wait until passion starts to wane. And it will wane.

You're only 25. Take your time. You've got plenty of it.

I'll read through some more of these messages that were posted, as I am still getting caught up with over 300 responses. I did read one post by WyoBills (sp?) and I never thought that you could analyze a person so much by 1 post that they make.

I'm sure that I will end up meeting other women in the future, for the time being I'm done. I just got disgusted at her behavior during lunch, and I said to myself that I wasn't going to go through with this again, then I left.. with my dignity.

fusion99 said:
I just got disgusted at her behavior during lunch, and I said to myself that I wasn't going to go through with this again, then I left.. with my dignity.

I'm not so sure about that. You may want to think a little deeper about what dignity and integrity are.

We all face disappointments. How we deal with those disappointments says everything about us.

And -- practically speaking -- it's a good rule of thumb to never put yourself in the postion of having to "avoid" someone -- even if you don't like or care for them.

Oh, I know, I am just glad I am not in the dating world anymore. I am planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me, so I have seen both sides of the dating world.

Boy, a lot of posters on this board have really skewed impressions of the opposite gender.

And for the record, I don't take my wife out or act romantic to get laid. From what I can tell, when I get laid is more or less random.

I saw the "We need an OT thread," and couldn't quite understand the point ... what does OT stand for?

Sorry for the stupid question ... only my second post.

Tully on 01-18-2007 at 12:27 PM said:
I saw the "We need an OT thread," and couldn't quite understand the point ... what does OT stand for?

Sorry for the stupid question ... only my second post.

tully welcome to the planet -good idea to read up on the classics but enter the main forum and jump into the threads

OT = off topic or not football

Thanks for the answer Mikiemo83 ... I'm enjoying reading the main forum, it's so distracting from my anxiety that I may be seeing my last Pats game of the season on Sunday. By now I should have more faith, but I'm weak. The Planet is very encouraging.

fusion99 on 06-09-2005 at 10:10 PM said:
It's only been a week since I dumped my girlfriend, but I am quickly getting back on my feet. Yesterday, I had a lunch date that I set with a cute little chick, whom I met at the gym on Wednesday. I agreed to take her out to lunch, my treat.

All was going well. I picked her up from her apartment complex and we had some good conversation on the way to the restaurant. She didn't even mind me stopping off at the P.O. to ship out a package real quick. Seemed pretty easygoing.

We arrive at Red Lobster, which is her favorite restaurant, and I'm already planning out our future f**k sessions in my mind, as I eye her ample bust and rear (accentuated by a very slim waist, score!).

The waiter arrives and we order our drinks. I have a coke and she has a margarita - the most expensive one. At this point I'm like "no big deal, maybe the booze will get her going and we can f**k sometime today!" The waiter disappears for awhile and more small talk ensues. She's funny and says something interesting semi-regularly, but does whine a bit.

Our waiter comes back with the drinks and asks if we're ready to order. Being a gentleman, I ask the lady what she would like, to which she replies "I would like an appetizer, the quesadilla's, a bowl of clam chowder and, for lunch, the New England platter." Now, we are out for "lunch" mind you. Lunch. I try to hide my concern while ordering my Aztec Chicken. Then she drives another nail into the coffin.

"Oh, and bring me another Margarita when this one's empty, and a coke when you get the chance."

WTF?!??

As she finishes her first margarita, more and more drama, complaints and gossip come flying out of her mouth - replacing anything interesting or funny she had been saying up until now.

I sit through her drinks, appetizer, soup and increasingly insipid conversation before our meals hit the table. We finally get our meals and as I'm digging into my Aztec Chicken, it happens.

"Tee hee! Could I get a box for this?"

At this point in the game, I'm ready to pop. I offered to take this girl out to lunch, not buy her her 2000 calories for the day and takeout lunch for tommorow.

With margarita #2 down she has become incredibly annoying to converse with. All semblance of normal, worthwhile conversation went where those margaritas will end up once they've travelled through this skanktron's digestive system.

The dreaded bill finally arrives. The damage is extensive. My end of the bill, $10.53. Her end, $35.32.

To say that I felt taken advantage of would be an understatement. Call me overly polite, but when someone offers to take me out to lunch, I try to keep the costs minimal - a simple drink, meal sized appropriate for the time of day and, maybe, a split appetizer.

I have one last shot at making this worthwhile.

"I've had a great time with you. Perhaps you'd like to go to your place and spend some more time together, talking and getting to know each other," I say with the sincerest expression of interest and kindness that I can muster.

She replies, "I have to pick up my ex-boyfriend from the court house in an hour. His mother dropped him off, but I'm his only ride back."

Game over.

I exchange a few more bits of small talk, sneak $15 under the bill when she's not paying attention, excuse myself to the restroom and walk the f**k out as nonchalantly as possible. No one notices. My getaway is complete, both literally and figuratively.

No offense dude but this sounds like something from an episode of the Jerry Springer Show:LOL: and looking at the date of the post the jokes on me for responding to something this old.:LOL:

I miss Alice, she was everything, smart, attractive and experimental...what else could a big lug ask for

wuv

what happened to her? I mean the answers are shady. A pm would be cool if it is disrespectful to talk about or something, did she just decide to leave or what?

Back