RIP Thomas Alexander Brantley

Most people stopped looking at this long ago, so I'm sure I'm talking to no one. With the talk about classic moments and someone even bringing up owls recently, I found myself back in here and I can't even tell you how much it means to read all of this.

I only talked to either of the Finneran sisters a couple times after this went down, and I really do miss Erin. It was just so painful to talk to them, but that was probably a horribly selfish reaction on my part. Would tracking them down now just reopen the wound? Probably.

Shit.

Flagg, you won't be reopening the wound because it is still as painful for them now as it is for you. When you love someone, the pain of that loss is never completely healed. But talking about him with others that knew and loved him well does help. It'll help to remind all of you about the good he did, the laughs he gave you, the times he pissed you off. Hey, you can't love someone without being angry with them at one point or another; that's life; so why not remember the bad along with the good after they're gone?

We here at the Planet will always remember Oedipus Tex, but you and the sisters are the ones that knew and loved Thomas Alexander Brantley. We here can not talk, laugh or bitch about him as well as those that really knew him.

If the sisters don't want to do this, well, that's cool, it's their choice; at least you'll have the peace of mind that you tried.

And if that does turn out to be the case, I know and understand how it is to lose a damn good friend so feel free to contact me whenever you want.

Back