OT - Mormon Scum!

Glad I could be of service:thumb: . I know a lot of people think it's a crock- I did before I actually heard the message. It's basically all about love. Love for yourself and others, and respecting other people's decisions in life. No matta how ruggas we may be, yo. :D

My good friend's dad is a former catholic priest and simply one of the nicest people you could ever meet, but he also has a good sense of humor.

The last time a group of Mormons knocked on his door, they asked him something along the lines of, "do you read the bible very often." He told them yes and that he owned many copies and proceeded to welcome them into his house to show them all his copies. He chatted with them for well over an hour about various religious issues. About halfway into it, the mormons realized that they were not converting him from being a catholic and were trying to find a way to leave. My friends dad continued to chat and said he'd love for them to stay longer, but they finally told them they needed to move on(to find others they might have a chance of converting). Since then no other Mormons have knocked on his door.

I know we haven't talked about this in a while, but I read something the other day and I want to know if it's normal.

I'm reading this "true crime" book titled Murder in the Heartland. It's about the nutjob woman who killed a pregnant woman, cut the baby out of the dead woman's womb and then tried to pass the baby off as her own.

Anyway, when this woman was still with her first husband, they moved to Arkansas for a while because he got a job there, and the town where they lived had a lot of Mormons. Not long after they moved in some Mormons went to their house to talk about the faith. The couple thought about it and decided to convert to Mormonism.

Now, here's what wierds me out - Mormons are not supposed to use alcohol, nicotine or caffeine. They couldn't stop the husband from smoking cigarettes, but in an attempt to make sure they didn't have any caffeine, the Mormons took the coffee maker from their home. I am not exaggerating, that is what the book says.

Then, Mormons started dropping by the house unannounced to "check up on them", as if they were a couple of teenagers left alone at Mom & Dad's house with the liquor cabinet. One day one of the Mormon brothers said, "I think I smell coffee." The husband said, "I don't see how, we haven't had any coffee." So the Mormon guy went into their kitchen and looked for signs that someone had brought coffee into the house.

WTF? Is this a religion or a facist state? Fellow member of my church or not, any guy who went looking through my house like that would find himself outside of my house very quickly.

(Ironically, the wife was addicted to Pepsi anyway but had it stashed well enough that the Mormon police never found it. >) )

I know we haven't talked about this in a while, but I read something the other day and I want to know if it's normal.

I'm reading this "true crime" book titled Murder in the Heartland. It's about the nutjob woman who killed a pregnant woman, cut the baby out of the dead woman's womb and then tried to pass the baby off as her own.

Anyway, when this woman was still with her first husband, they moved to Arkansas for a while because he got a job there, and the town where they lived had a lot of Mormons. Not long after they moved in some Mormons went to their house to talk about the faith. The couple thought about it and decided to convert to Mormonism.

Now, here's what wierds me out - Mormons are not supposed to use alcohol, nicotine or caffeine. They couldn't stop the husband from smoking cigarettes, but in an attempt to make sure they didn't have any caffeine, the Mormons took the coffee maker from their home. I am not exaggerating, that is what the book says.

Then, Mormons started dropping by the house unannounced to "check up on them", as if they were a couple of teenagers left alone at Mom & Dad's house with the liquor cabinet. One day one of the Mormon brothers said, "I think I smell coffee." The husband said, "I don't see how, we haven't had any coffee." So the Mormon guy went into their kitchen and looked for signs that someone had brought coffee into the house.

WTF? Is this a religion or a facist state? Fellow member of my church or not, any guy who went looking through my house like that would find himself outside of my house very quickly.

(Ironically, the wife was addicted to Pepsi anyway but had it stashed well enough that the Mormon police never found it. >) )

NO way!!! I guess there are extremist in every religion, but it is not the doctrine of the church to behave that way! It is the exact opposite, actually, as we are big believers in free will and letting people choose for themselves what they do in life without such actions you read in the book imposed on them. Weird. :huh:

I'd kick those people out of my house, too.

Okay. It doesn't say if they were of a particular sect or anything (does the Mormon Church even have sects like others do?) it just refers to them as Mormons.

I had a feeling from the talks we've had on this thread that these people were the exception and not the rule. Reminds me of the time my college friends from the EV Free Church did an "intervention" on me because I was attending a United Church of Christ church. :rolleyes:

Okay. It doesn't say if they were of a particular sect or anything (does the Mormon Church even have sects like others do?) it just refers to them as Mormons.

I had a feeling from the talks we've had on this thread that these people were the exception and not the rule. Reminds me of the time my college friends from the EV Free Church did an "intervention" on me because I was attending a United Church of Christ church. :rolleyes:
No, no sects. We all do the same and believe the same, supposedly anyway.

I never saw this thread before and I'm glad I read it..it was great.

JH....I've always felt a certain kinship with you from our similar paths in life. You're one of the very few women I've come across in life that "gets it" Now I have more insight into why. You are one hell of a woman..your daughters are blessed to have such a role model.

Back