OT: How did you find the Planet

Thank you for this thread. It is invaluable in learning where to concentrate efforts to lure in new victims, I mean members. It took a long time to get us at or near the top of the search engines, and it looks like only about half of members find us that way, while the other half are word of mouth.

Undertaker #59* on 10-10-2007 at 02:19 PM said:
Thank you for this thread. It is invaluable in learning where to concentrate efforts to lure in new victims, I mean members. It took a long time to get us at or near the top of the search engines.
Well bots don't grow on trees.

Bradys Bunch on 10-10-2007 at 02:17 PM said:
I actually never been to patsfans but havent heard great things about it

It's much more crowded, less humor, more strict policies, and more trolls. But there is more football talk there, but I get all I need here from Box_O_Rocks (another Patsfan alum), Oswlek (another Patsfan alum), AWTE and those guys each game.

When I first started posting on another Patriots site, I heard about this site. I was a virgin to message boards back then and thought I had to be a very serious football guy.

I registered and was greeted by a couple of people who scared the shit out of me. I tried to get my email address deleted but it didn't work.

Then my normal Patriots site crashed last year. By that time I had become a message board crack whore instead of the lily white virgin that I once was. None of these guys scared me anymore, probably the opposite is true. So now I share time between the two very different and non-competitive sites (IMO).

It's too bad that a few people both here and there don't "get it", the differences and accept it. They would have a lot more fun if they did.

I had just joined the patriots.com message board and my main man Hawg73 tempted me over here with the girly pic thread... Thanks again, Hawg... I owe you.

MEPATNUT on 10-10-2007 at 02:36 PM said:
When I first started posting on another Patriots site, I heard about this site. I was a virgin to message boards back then and thought I had to be a very serious football guy.

I registered and was greeted by a couple of people who scared the shit out of me. I tried to get my email address deleted but it didn't work.

ROFL :thumb: :D

I can remember feeling a bit of that myself, when I was still in my lurking stage!

I thought WTF? is wrong with these people?!

And then... slowly... I became one of them. My innocense if forever lost.

>)

MEPATNUT on 10-10-2007 at 02:36 PM said:
It's too bad that a few people both here and there don't "get it", the differences and accept it. They would have a lot more fun if they did.
this is true, there is no competition between the two and both talk football/patriots

but I do spend most my time in the ladies lounge voting with my heart over at the other place

I'm not really here. You just think I am.

If I was really here, though, you could probably blame Krafty. I followed a link to one of his 5 threads praising the Colts (he lost a bet from last year's regular season game).

Notice how Krafty's name keeps popping up?

He's also one of the reasons I came here. I read his posts on IndyStar and colts.com, and knew he was a troll-master. Funny guy, too!

There were/are also some other Planet members who I read on the colts forums, and I was intrigued enough to come here and check out the rest of you looneys.

:D

cka203 on 10-10-2007 at 01:41 PM said:
And then... slowly... I became one of them. My innocense if forever lost.

Resistance is futile. Assimilation is inevitable.

I fell in love with some Planeteers that posted regularly on colts.com (SOKB, JJ) and eventually wandered over to see what all the fuss was about. Cka is right, colts.com is a little boring and the Planet just sucked me in. People never believe me when I tell them my "home" message board is a Pats board.

cka203 on 10-10-2007 at 03:05 PM said:
Notice how Krafty's name keeps popping up?

He's also one of the reasons I came here. I read his posts on IndyStar and colts.com, and knew he was a troll-master. Funny guy, too!

There were/are also some other Planet members who I read on the colts forums, and I was intrigued enough to come here and check out the rest of you looneys.

:D

Actually, the Planet probably owes thanks to Krafty for all of the good resident Colts fans. :shrug:

ICB on 10-10-2007 at 10:13 PM said:
I fell in love with some Planeteers that posted regularly on colts.com (SOKB, JJ) and eventually wandered over to see what all the fuss was about. Cka is right, colts.com is a little boring and the Planet just sucked me in. People never believe me when I tell them my "home" message board is a Pats board.

You are a very loving persen ICB

Your always Telling People u wuv them....maybe we should rename this place the love planet

after having a problem with the colts been on here at first,i realised that your input makes the place a nice place to post on

Ther is no over place i would rather post...PP Rocks

I was a long-time poster on the AOL board, since the early 90s. While there, I met some strange guy with the screen name "DannyPires". About two years ago AOL did away with it's board monitors and the posting boards turned into a giant playpen, so I decided to leave. DP pointed me this way, and I also joined up with patsfans.com at the same time; after observing both boards, I settled in at this one because it seemed more intimate (as in, fewer people, not sexually... that part came later, LOL) and a bit weirder (which suits me).

My first visit to a :pat: fan MB was @ the MB at their official site. Too young for me. I googled and discovered PatsFans. "This has to be a great site...they have weekly posts from Steve Grogan!" I thought.

Lotsa in-depth football knowledge can be found there, but the MB itself was (is) too "collar-up" for my tastes. That being said, what really turned me off from that site, was the fact that they would partially or fully ban someone that went by the nick of NEM and allow him to return. Time after time after time after.....

Good info, crappy Mods.

So I did another google and clicked the link to Patriots Planet. As soon as I read all the posts in that first day, I knew I had found my home.

Still, I lurked here for the whole 2004 season, before I finally registered in Feb of 2005. I wanted to know which of the regulars I could frig with that would take it as fun and who I couldn't.

I read the classics forum (I forget what it was called back then, but it's now the appropriately named Oedipus Tex Classic Thread Forum now) to gain further insight on the regulars and visitors.

OMG I've only been a registered member for less than 3 years and yet it seems like I've been here for much longer.

Thankee and Kudos to :bow: Falling Alice, those at Chiefs Planet and anyone else that were behind getting this site going and keeping it going. Thankee to the 25 (or is it 28? :shrug: ) Mods that have allowed a very relaxed attitude to exist here while keeping the assclowns at bay.

And I give a very big special thankee to each and every person that has ever posted here. If it weren't for all of you, this board would not be what it is today.

And that ain't :noshit:

I used to post on Patriots.com but that place was too boring. So I did a search and the Planet was the first thing to pop up and I have enjoyed my time here.

Back