OT: How did you find the Planet

ICB on 10-10-2007 at 05:13 PM said:
I fell in love with some Planeteers that posted regularly on colts.com (SOKB, JJ) and eventually wandered over to see what all the fuss was about. Cka is right, colts.com is a little boring and the Planet just sucked me in. People never believe me when I tell them my "home" message board is a Pats board.

She likes me, she really likes me!

I was over at RATS for the love of God...
Left and started lurking here just as the whole N/R-Alice thing came to a head...:eek: what a mess THAT was..
After seeing some of the stuff that gets posted here..
One of my first contributions was the Real Doll website!:D
Party on people..

So im driving across the big island in my borrowed Ferrari, on a errand for that overbearing Higgins, when suddenly i see what appears to be a roadside accident. I get out, shirtless, to lend my Navy Seal trained assistance, when a guy pops out of the bushes with a gun and tells me to give him the money or else. I tell him i forgot my wallet back at Robin Masters estate, and he tells me to "Quit stalling, Louis Berrinton, or I'm gonna kill your kid"

Louis Berrinton? My old Navy buddy? He has a kid?

I play along, since i dont want to get the kid killed. I tell him that i will get him the money. Tonight. I hop back in my borrowed Ferrari and hot foot it back to the Estate.

Higgins is hosting a wine tasting contest as i screech into the driveway. He shouts my name as i jog, shirtless, into my bungalow. Lucky Rick and TC are hanging out to watch the big fight tonight. Higgins bursts in and starts blathering about ruining his wine tasting, until i tell him the story.

Higgins then tells us a story about the time he was in Africa, leading a raid against a German tank position in WWII, which tangentally and vaguely applies to our dilema. We hatch a plan so daring, it just might work. Rick and Higgins do the frontal assault, im in the backdoor. Rick and Higgins get captured, and tied up with my old Navy buddy, his kid, his wife, and her grandmother.

I then swoop in from my rear position and get the drop on the bad guys, dropping one guy with a blow to the solar plexus.

The cops arrive and TC is outside witht he brown and rainbow helicoptor to get everyone back to the kids piano recital, which she was almost going to miss if she didnt get rescued by the homicidal kidnappers at just that very second.

So then, on the way out the door, just before the closing credits, one of the cops leans over to me and whispers, "You ever been to PatriotsPlanet.com? Awesome awesome place. Really"

True story. I swear.

southcarolina* on 10-11-2007 at 01:11 AM said:
...im in the backdoor. I then swoop in from my rear position... True story. I swear.
Okay, I'm buying the borrowed car, and something about the backdoor action just seems to ring true, especially as the only babe action in this tale is your buddies trussed up wife, but rescuing the kid just in time for the piano recital? That sounds more like something Annihilus would do for a kid he wanted to torment, it doesn't read like your story at all. :shake:

Box_O_Rocks on 10-11-2007 at 01:32 AM said:
Okay, I'm buying the borrowed car, and something about the backdoor action just seems to ring true, especially as the only babe action in this tale is your buddies trussed up wife, but rescuing the kid just in time for the piano recital? That sounds more like something Annihilus would do for a kid he wanted to torment, it doesn't read like your story at all. :shake:

Ok it might have bene that time that we were all holed up in that barn, and B.A . made a tank out of a tractor, some sheet metal and some PVC pipe. That crazy ass Murdock was running all around singing Ride of the Valkyries, and just when that gang was about to surround us, Face showed up in a real tank he had "appropriated" from the local army base.

I love it when a plan comes together.

I didn't even have an internet hookup until the late 90's and I started posting over at the old message board at Patriots.com. I was just a typical nervous newbie who was intrigued at the fact that I could interact with people who were just as much as an addicted Pats fan as I was and I tried to fit in as best I could.

I'm not sure if it is some kind of hubris on my part or just a creative outlet, but it wasn't long before I started posting long pieces, sometimes fictional that I had fun with and I was surprised at the positive feedback that some of them got. I had a chance to talk about Patriots-related (and other) stuff that had been roiling in my system since I was a little kid.

If I did a post that I was proud of and it got a lot of response I honestly got a little giddy about it. One of the first responses I got was somebody asking me "are you some kind of writer or something?" and that was flattering and a little thrilling to think that I could get a reaction like that. I was just a regular schlub that liked words and liked applying them to one of my favorite pastimes-- football.

Of course, with the ups came some downs and I got blasted once in a while and that used to really bug me. To be truthful, it hurt my feelings. I was an internet virgin and I needed to get my cherry busted just like everyone else with the realization that some folks are simply critical assholes and you can't worry about what people say-- you just have to be yourself whatever that is, but at that point I was still.......let's say on the sensitive side. I have rhino hide now, but people could get under my skin back then.

Then came a major shitstorm in the form of a particularly foul and talented Raiders troll that turned that entire board inside out and some posters, ones that I really liked, just dropped out of sight never to be heard from again. I mean this guy wreaked havoc and we didn't have any way to control it. It was total frustration and Fred Kirsch (ran the board at that time) didn't seem terribly interested. It mattered to us more than it did to him.

It pissed me off royally that one ingenious idiot could chase so many nice folks away.

There were a lot of problems with that board beyond the trolls, but in retrospect -- that's what finally did it.

I can't remember that Raider dude's handle and while I wanted to strangle him at the time, I now credit him with being the ultimate motivating factor that got FallingAlice in touch with the Chiefsplanet people and several months later the planet was born. Curious types that would like to read more details of that time can click

here.

Anyways, the intial question was: how did I find the planet?

The simple answer is I found it because Alice invited me here way back in November of 2002.

A more convoluted one would be that I've really been here since 1964 but it took a while for the details to get worked out.

ICB on 10-10-2007 at 05:13 PM said:
I fell in love with some Planeteers that posted regularly on colts.com (SOKB, JJ) and eventually wandered over to see what all the fuss was about. Cka is right, colts.com is a little boring and the Planet just sucked me in. People never believe me when I tell them my "home" message board is a Pats board.

What's up good lookin'?

;) :p wuv

I used to go over to patriots.com everyday while at work and I think it was Hawg that told me about it? Anyway I checked it out and it took me a while to post but I am glad I did :) I have met some great people from here and enjoy catching up on all kinds of daily news here.

You guys are the best :) **hugs**

I found the planet by following the bright white light. :D

google.com is how I found Patriots Planet.

By the way, I used to post over at colts.com...and I remember seeing JJ and SOKB...I think my name was Bradys Bunch there too, its been a while...

Patriots4ever* on 10-11-2007 at 03:53 PM said:
I found the planet by following the bright white light. :D

google.com is how I found Patriots Planet.

My arch enemy...shame you had to find the planet...im they only P4E On this board...and dont forget that

Major A$$hole* on 10-11-2007 at 11:06 AM said:
Ahem. Let me fix that typo for you.

and who gave you the right to fix my post? LOL I give hugs and love I don't call my peeps thugs :) Your lucky I like ya ;)

P4E* on 10-11-2007 at 11:01 AM said:
You Dont post enough

How is everything man anyway??..havent seen you on here lately

I've been around - reading and lurking rather than posting. Everything's fine, I have just been very busy is all.

Glad to hear things are all good. I had noticed a lack of yours and the Mrs' posting too...didn't want you to think P4E was the only one noticing....lol.

Back