OT: How did you find the Planet

Moebius

All your avatar are belong to me
Reaction score
Ok, this is really more of an off-season thread, and one we've touched on before (I think), but just curious. How did you end up a planeteer. I'd even be interested in hearing from some of our non-residents from the Cowboys on how you found us.

For me, I was recruited by the Pookster in early 03 (a co-worker at the time), though I ended up lurking for nearly a year before registering.

Looking up Tom Brady photos and there was one that Patriotsplanet had done of him,so i checked out the site, and the rest is history

Found an obscure reference to it on the old Patriots.com boards back when they really, really sucked (Oct 2003). Can't remember who it was, but they mentioned the place. Annihilus came over here and one of the first posts that Annihilus saw was something Hawg posted. First post was in the Karma Thread in November of the same year.

Of course it was all downhill from there.

I was doing a search on google for leather assless chaps and bingo!! I wasn't even a Patriots fan then but I figured I would fit in just fine.

Funny, I was thinking of this last week and I have no firm recollection - for some reason I think it may have been mentioned in a Nick Cafardo mailbag back when he was covering the Pats. :shrug:

I know I was initially "drawn" to the Girlie Pic thread, and then, after lurking for well over a year, started to post...

Starting in week 2 whoever the Cowboys were playing, I've been going to a message board and posting the entire week (and the day after). I just went to Yahoo and typed in New England Patriots Forum and this was the first one on the list.

Some boards have sucked (not many posters) but this one is pretty good. The Bills have a good one too called Two Bills Drive.

Once was a regular at the Globe's Pat board at boston.com. I got fed up with the utter lack of moderation as a particular Colt troll bombarded the board with his multiple personalities (still does). He'd be Assclowned in about 5 minutes here. (Dashoe, is it you?)

I sought out a new home and found patsfans.com. (Patriots.com is still too awkward of a website and seems to wallow too much in just "smack talk"). At one point, about a year ago patsfans started having all kinds of board/server problems and there was a kind invitation sent out by the good folks here for a place of refuge. Been here ever since. Thanks folks!

I forget......

I saw it mentioned either on Patriots.com or KFFL. I was a regular at the latter, but had become less so at the former.

I'd used to be a regular at both, and KFFL's predecessor MouthOff Sports, going WAAAY back.

I used to pimp the Planet at KFFL and occasionally Patsfans/Rivals2/Rivals1/ NFLfans (again....I go WAAAY back), and I know a few people came here as a result.

I saw references to this place over at IndyStar, and one day decided to check it out. IndyStar was never a good place for posting, and even colts.com kinda bored me, so when I found this place, it was very different from what I was used to!

I lurked for a loooong time, got the feel of the place and it's posters, and finally one day decided since I visited here every day, may as well sign up!

If someone had told me years ago my internet home would be a Patriots message board, I would've laughed in their face!

But hey... this place and it's posters kinda grow on you....

you know, like a fungus...

:p

I was a member over at Chiefsplanet, and someone over there told me to take my patriots sh*t over here.

I was a regular poster at patriots.com but then one day mgoblue mentioned something about the Patriots Planet being back up and they were going to go over there instead. So I knew the name, then one day, after the second super bowl I did a web search and found it. Joined up later, forgot my password, found it again, but I am not a Planeteer, at least not until I get post #'s in triple digits.

Found it in November, '02. I was a lurker at the official Pats board, rarely posting there. Saw an announcement that the Planet had just gone online. Checked it out, liked it and started posting. You haven't been able to get rid of me since them.

Well, when big ol' Lolo Mankins #70 was drafted I had to find out everything about this here team that my high school buddy went to. This is how I found Patriots Planet. Actually I found Kffl first, but they are nazis so I came here after I found a link talking about one of the threads.

^^Taken from the bandwagon thread I just wrote in. Kffl and Patfans.com were both so uptight, they'd chastize someone for forgetting to put a OT in front of something non-Pats related. A lot more fun here! Plus over there I was "some girl that said she knew the new rookie posting threads". They weren't very welcoming, very "we are cool and the newbies suck" kinda attitude. So yeah, lovin' me some Planet!:thumb:

I don't recall. Probably saw it refferenced @ KFFL or Patsfans. lurked for a while. I have no idea what made me register and post though. I haven't posted at KFFL in years now. Heck I don't even lurk there anymore. I mostly lurk @ patsfans. I chime in every now and then.

okhrana on 10-10-2007 at 12:02 PM said:
I was a regular poster at patriots.com but then one day mgoblue mentioned something about the Patriots Planet being back up and they were going to go over there instead. So I knew the name, then one day, after the second super bowl I did a web search and found it. Joined up later, forgot my password, found it again, but I am not a Planeteer, at least not until I get post #'s in triple digits.
You registered in 2005? eeek eeek Wow. You are a post whore.

I was a semi-regular at Patriots.com chat room and an occasional poster at UK Patriots.com. I clicked a link to the Tedy Bruschi best wishes thread as posted at UK after his stroke. While perusing the site I noticed Hawg was a mod and I "knew" him from Patriots.com. I lurked for a couple of weeks to get a feel for the place, liked what I read and jumped in.

Jh on 10-10-2007 at 12:03 PM said:
Well, when big ol' Lolo Mankins #70 was drafted I had to find out everything about this here team that my high school buddy went to. This is how I found Patriots Planet. Actually I found Kffl first, but they are nazis so I came here after I found a link talking about one of the threads.

^^Taken from the bandwagon thread I just wrote in. Kffl and Patfans.com were both so uptight, they'd chastize someone for forgetting to put a OT in front of something non-Pats related. A lot more fun here! Plus over there I was "some girl that said she knew the new rookie posting threads". They weren't very welcoming, very "we are cool and the newbies suck" kinda attitude. So yeah, lovin' me some Planet!:thumb:
You still talk to Logan?

As you can imagine he is a busy man! I talk to his ol' lady and brother in law. We're trying to make it out there next Christmas for a home game for a visit:thumb: .

Back