RIP Dan Pires 1956-2008

Funeral from the Saunders-Dwyer Home for Funerals, 495 Park St., New Bedford, Monday, June 30th at 10:45 AM. Funeral Mass at St. Lawrence Church at 12 Noon. Burial will be private. Visiting hours Sunday, June 29th from 3-8 PM.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to CIB/ Pires Education Fund, c/o Credit Information Bureau, 70 Jefferson Blvd., Warwick, RI 02888.

Directions to Our New Bedford Location

From Boston: Travel Route 24 South to Exit 12, Route 140 toward Taunton and New Bedford. At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Route 140 south toward New Bedford. Travel approximately 20 miles to the traffic signal at the end of Route 140. Turn left onto U.S. Highway 6 East. Continue 1 mile to Park Street. Turn left (north) onto Park Street and continue to its end. The funeral home is the last building on the left (west) side of the street, approximately 60 miles from Boston.

From Providence: Travel I-195 East to Exit 13A, Route 140 South toward New Bedford. Travel South approximately 1 mile to traffic signal at the end of Route 140. Turn left onto U.S. Highway 6 East. Continue 1 mile to Park Street. Turn left (north) onto Park Street and continue to its end. The funeral home is the last building on the left (west) side of the street.

From Cape Cod: Travel I-195 West to Exit 13A, Route 140 South toward New Bedford and Dartmouth. Travel south approximately 1 mile to traffic signal at the end of Route 140. Turn left onto U.S. Highway 6 East. Continue 1 mile to Park Street. Turn left (north) onto Park Street and continue to its end. The funeral home is the last building on the left (west) side of the street.

I just got back from vacation and thought this was a joke, I'm sorry it wasn't.

R.IP. Dan.

Seems like he was a really good guy, and heck of a friend to some of the players.

God rest his soul

I offer my condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Pires esp. to those here who were close friends with him.....RIP

Oh Dan - I pray you are wrapped in God's arms to be loved and cherished for eternity, I pray for God's love to enfold your family to comfort and support them - I miss you brother. In your memory I have a big grin for the joy I felt in knowing you for the short time I have been stealing your quotes for my signature. RavenBHee Peace

My wife just went to use my cellphone to call her mom, and turned to me and said, "You have Danny Pires's cell phone number in your phone list."

Then I realized I could also delete my uncle's phone number as well.

Life really sucks when you start deleting people from your phone list. :(

My wife just went to use my cellphone to call her mom, and turned to me and said, "You have Danny Pires's cell phone number in your phone list."

Then I realized I could also delete my uncle's phone number as well.

Life really sucks when you start deleting people from your phone list. :(

Yep.. I would NOT delete my friend Suzies from my list but my phone died a few weeks ago so it came to a natural end having her number there.:( Almost a year already!

(sorry to interject...)

Rest in peace, Dan. You are in our hearts forever!

My condolences and thoughts to Dan's family and loved ones. Through his reporting on the Patriots and the posts he made here on the Planet, I developed a great respect for Dan. He touched the hearts and lives of legions.

RIP Dan

PcallasthoughtsbyLadyLill.jpg

Back