Remembering Dan Pires

It was your first post. Some browsers couldn't interpret the code and it made the thread appear to be empty. UT cleaned it up and everyone should be able to see it now.

RIP Dan.

Yes, I wuz mity confuzed. For the past day and a half, everytime I clicked on this post, the only thing that showed up was RG's topic and a blank comment box. Even the responses weren't showing up. I didn't know if this was RG's idea of a joke or Dan's?:toast:

One thing I always got a kick out of was at the time, how much Dan's and Dchester's mugshots made them look alike. This pic was originally posted by RG:

attachment.php
I have to admit, he was a good looking guy.

Another thing about Dan was that he had as good of an eye looking at the "talent" off the field, as he did with the on the field talent during training camp.

;)

I have to admit, he was a good looking guy.

Another thing about Dan was that he had as good of an eye looking at the "talent" off the field, as he did with the on the field talent during training camp.

;)

So, what you're saying is that there was more than one similarity?

;)

I know that many of you never met Danny face-to-face, and thus don't know the sound of his voice. So it might be harder to find this funny.

Anyway, Danny thought Junior Seau looked like Little Richard. So when we came out of the locker room or during games, he'd imitate Little Richard from the Geico commercial: "Mashed potaters, gravy and cran-berry sauce -- wooo-ooo!"

It was hilarious, every time, mostly because he really hit that high note. ;)

I also won't be able to look at strength & conditioning coach Mike Woicik anymore without thinking of him -- Danny always said he looked like he was one of the Cavemen (again from the geico commercials), and Woicik really does have an "early man" look to him.

One last thing -- he had a nickname for *everyone*. I've never in my life had someone give me a nickname until him. He called me 'Shay-shay.' He called Chris Gasper of the Globe "Senator" because he bears a pretty strong resemblance to Barack Obama. He even got a name back: Adalius Thomas took to calling him "Pimp Juice Pires"...

shalise young

Thanks for sharing these wonderful stories. Dan had and was a character in so many ways. Every one of these stories brings an impish grin and a tear to the eye. Sure sounds like he got what living was all about!

One last thing -- he had a nickname for *everyone*. I've never in my life had someone give me a nickname until him. He called me 'Shay-shay.' He called Chris Gasper of the Globe "Senator" because he bears a pretty strong resemblance to Barack Obama. He even got a name back: Adalius Thomas took to calling him "Pimp Juice Pires"...

shalise young

ROFL

"Pimp Juice" - I guess we'll never know what THAT is all about. Maybe it has something to do with his for off-field talent.

Good stories. :thumb:

I would thank him for taking time to reach out to a guy thousands of miles from home and sending such thoughtful care packages filled with treats that are only found in New England/the northeast.

I would tell him that a lot of people pay lip service about supporting the troops, but few actually put those words into action. He, and so many on this forum went above and beyond to help make my deployment and those who worked in my office and around the brigade headquarters, a little more bearable.

I would tell him that I thank him from the bottom of my heart, and that because of him and so many Americans like him, it is a true honor to serve this country.

I'm heartbroken that I will never get that chance. But I hope that my sentiments can be passed to his family. :(

Thanks for your memories, S. Young!

So what do you guys (Especially the Mods) think of my idea of renaming the the main forum in memory of Dan, even if its just for the upcoming NFL season? (The start of Training Camp to the end of the Pro Bowl)

I think it would be a fitting trubute to one of the most popular posters here. :thumb:

Not really sure where the "Three Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate" came from in the first place. Patriots players have had groups of supporters like "Mosi's Mooses". How about "Pires' Pr0n-Lovin' Postwhores"? :)

(Had to tag that with a smile so people know I'm joking, but frankly I don't really feel like smiling a lot lately...)

I was floored when I saw the article on the front page.

We will miss you Dan.

RIP

I would thank him for taking time to reach out to a guy thousands of miles from home and sending such thoughtful care packages filled with treats that are only found in New England/the northeast.

I would tell him that a lot of people pay lip service about supporting the troops, but few actually put those words into action. He, and so many on this forum went above and beyond to help make my deployment and those who worked in my office and around the brigade headquarters, a little more bearable.

I would tell him that I thank him from the bottom of my heart, and that because of him and so many Americans like him, it is a true honor to serve this country.

I'm heartbroken that I will never get that chance. But I hope that my sentiments can be passed to his family. :(

Great post, it brought a tear to my eyes..

R.I.P Dan.

I suggest all of the DP threads get merged and stickied at the top of the Oedipus Tex forum. :(

I am informed that the link in my post#7 above may not be working for some so here is a link to the Main Sports section of the Standard-Times website

clik on the story w/ Dan's pic entitled

The Mayor of Foxboro a friend, mentor

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=SPORTS

Oh, Dear God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had no idea that Danny had passed away today! It was a weird coincidence that I got an email from PatriotsPlanet today, to respond to... I had no idea that our dear friend, Dan, had passed!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
I am saddened, beyond words or belief... He and I have continued to stay in contact, "in real life", and our friendship evolved, accordingly...
I cannot even begin to describe what kind of SHOCK this is to me...
I don't even think that I can even comprehend it right now...
He was such a Godsend to me, in so many ways... I can't even describe that right now. Oh, my God... I guess that Patriots Planet picked an opportune time to "call me" back, as I wouldn't have known otherwise; except for the fact that Danny wouldn't have replied to my emails... :(
Oh, my God... I am so sad for our loss here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Welcome back Peg, even if it is under unfortunate circumstances. I guess it never occurred to me to email you about it since sometimes we just assume everyone here "knows" what's up...He seemed like a great guy and his loss particularly hit home with me because my fiance is his age. I cried myself to sleep the night when I found out because A) the rotten irony that someone who had taken steps to manage his health still succumbed, and B) that, by all accounts here, he was truly an angel among us and he truly made an impact on each and every person he came across. That is so rare in this world.

I am sorry this news didn't reach you until now, and I hope you will be able to share with us your stories about your friendship with Dan. It seems like the best way to keep his memory alive :)

Back