So you find yourself marooned on a deserted island.....

CD:
I gotta go with something by the Commander...for over a quarter of a century, the tunes of Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen have always been able to lift my spirits. Especially when alcohol is involved, as it is (in my humble opinion) the best drinking music in the world. "We've Got a Live One Here" has a nice selection of vintage Commander music.

Food:
This is really a tough one. Barbequed ribs... Pad Thai ....calamari... Buffalo wings.... but if there's one food that I could eat every day without getting tired of it, it would have to be a Perfect Cheeseburger.

Lover:
Well, there's only one woman that I'm sure can put up with me for the long term. Mrs. dKm and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary later this month. Jeez, trading her in for a new model at this point would kind of feel like a Jimmy Johnson-ish move.
But, if forced to do so, I would have to go toward a youth movement. Not that I'm a dirty old man (although I am), but for the reason that we'll likely be stranded for a good many years. A younger lady would have more prime years available. I could go with Natalie Portman. Better yet, Kirsten Dunst. She gets my spidey sense tingling.

Luxury Item:
A thousand cases of top quality toilet paper. I'll give the rest of you jokers about 3 weeks of wiping your butts with sand before you start beating a path to my hut to trade your air beds, plasma TVs, and air conditioned RVs for a couple of rolls of Charmin.

dropKickMurphy said:

Lover:
Well, there's only one woman that I'm sure can put up with me for the long term. Mrs. dKm and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary later this month. Jeez, trading her in for a new model at this point would kind of feel like a Jimmy Johnson-ish move.

Jeezus, can't you follow simple instructions? and then you pick a couple of tootsies like Dunst and Portman?

What's the problem, weren't the Olsen twins available?

At least the tunes and food were solid choices.

I can't believe the luxury item choices on this thread. You pick toilet paper. Just like you focusing on your winky. You forgot to include the Sunday Globe Sports section.

Then we have everything from RV's, castles to Piper Cubs. Looks like I'm going to have to be more careful with the rules in the future;)

Seriously, this turned out better than I expected. A lot of solid CD suggestions that I can steal. Not bad entertainment for the middle of June. Thanks folks.:thumb:

Anyone for seconds?

Hmmmmm..... This is a tough one for me, cuz I'd have such a hard time narrowing anything down but:

CD: Acoustic Soul by India Arie... I listen constantly and this CD has got a variety of tunes on it. *The CD isn't completely necessary since my "lover" will be croonin some Sax tunes to me, anyway..."

Food: A huge variety of the Freshest of the Fresh Sushi.... with some Japanese beer and Sake for Sake Bombs!!

Lover: Look to the left ladies and gentleman... Surprise?! LOL Now who else could it be??? (And if Peg just happens to be on an island close by, think of the game of naked coed football we could have! hehehe)

Luxury Item: Have to have my Origins Ginger Souffle body lotion.... Can't live without slathering the whole body daily.

FallingAlice said:
[B

Besides that, I've heard rumors that Neeson is...let's say...well equipped to handle any emergency that may arise. I forget where I heard this but whoever told me sounded credible.

Oh Yes! I recall seeing "The Unit" in a movie at one time... Can't recall just what it was at the moment, but Good Choice, Alice!!

bruschifan1 said:
Lover: Look to the left ladies and gentleman... Surprise?! LOL Now who else could it be??? (And if Peg just happens to be on an island close by, think of the game of naked coed football we could have! hehehe)
Yeow!! What fun!! So, what position would I play?!... ;)
And yourself?!...
Just think-- You and I and our respective Tedy/Teddy(s)... It doesn't get much better than that! :thumb:
Guess that one of us would need to list a boat as our luxury item, though, so that we could transport to our "away" games! LOL! :D

Peg said:
Yeow!! What fun!! So, what position would I play?!... ;)
And yourself?!...

Errrrrr.... I'd choose Wide Receiver!!!!! lol... (Who says it's better to give than receive?! Hogwash!)

:hump: Hehehehehe!

Hawg73 said:
Jeezus, can't you follow simple instructions? and then you pick a couple of tootsies like Dunst and Portman?

What's the problem, weren't the Olsen twins available?

The Olsen twins? ....Hmmmm, they are legal now.....on the other hand, I'd always be worried about Uncle Jesse barging in on us.

You have a a problem with the young and nubile Kirsten Dunst? All I can say is, if the photo below doesn't make your Peter Parker stand at attention, then....well, your proclivity for Broadway show tunes starts to make a lot more sense.

I don't know how long you're planning on being marooned on that island, but I would like to point out that your Ms. Bullock, at 39 years of age, is fast approaching the end of her "cute and perky" days. After 10 or 20 years, Kirsten will still have me shooting my web several times a day, while your sex slave is looking more and more like frail old Aunt Mae.

dropKickMurphy said:
I don't know how long you're planning on being marooned on that island, but I would like to point out that your Ms. Bullock, at 39 years of age, is fast approaching the end of her "cute and perky" days. After 10 or 20 years, Kirsten will still have me shooting my web several times a day, while your sex slave is looking more and more like frail old Aunt Mae.

Just remember that YOU will be aging at the same time, wiseguy. A couple of years on that island with you and the Green Goblin would start looking pretty damn good to her. But what do I know being a gay showtune addict and all.

You might need a little rest to build signal fires or something.

Come to think of it, after seeing that pic of Ms. Dunst rescue would be a major disappointment. She done growed up!!

Does she fit into Wink's theory of: half-your-age-plus-7-years range of perfect compatibility?

Hawg73 said:
Just remember that YOU will be aging at the same time, wiseguy...

Does she fit into Wink's theory of: half-your-age-plus-7-years range of perfect compatibility?

Hmmm... That would mean that Kirsten would have to be the ripe old age of 30.5! I don't think so... :D
Geez--I wish I had known about Wink's theory last summer when I was seeing a 26 year old... Then maybe I wouldn't have dumped him over the "age differential"...
What I think that you guys are forgetting is that men reach their sexual prime in their early 20's... Women don't reach their's until their mid to late 30's... Hmmm... So, what's wrong with this picture?!... When Kirsten is 30 something, dKM will be...!!!... :rolleyes:
Hee-hee! But, WHO'S keeping track though?!... o:)

Peg said:
Hmmm... That would mean that Kirsten would have to be the ripe old age of 30.5!

It was one of the great philosophers, either Emmanuel Cant, Rene Descarte, or Sylvester Stallone who, when asked why he preferred young women, said,
"For the same reason that people like puppies."

FallingAlice said:
Can't say too much. But I can say that she was a fine arts major (painting) and very attractive. A natural redhead. Looked a great deal like Julianne Moore.

Thank you Alice... you've given us married men something to think about/visualize and you've given the single fellas a theme for their Kleenex date.

I like this thrad and thought I'd bump it back to the front page for all to enjoy... or REenjoy!

But not without answering the original question first.

The CD I would bring is Billy Joel's greatest Hits Vol. I and II. (They come together as one CD)

-Billy Joel is DA MAN and no matter how many times I listen to him I'll never get sick of it.

The Food I'd bring is Chinese/Shepards Pie.

-A nutrious and delicious mix of Hamburg, Corn and Mashed Potatoes. Never gets old. If I could bring a drink, it would have to be Nestle Quick.

And the love slave/female companion... hmmm... I wouldn't want someone famous who's been poluted by who knows how many guys... so... I'd want the girl I had a crush on in highschool, ok there were two: Amber and Kim. Either one would do. :)

I was reading this thread and planning my response and for my CD choice was the easy Billy Joel's greatest hits Vol.1 & 2 and I was shocked some one else picked it but I'm still going with it its my all time favorite.

Food: Has to be coffee (no one wants to be anywhere with me unless I've had my coffee)

Love slave: No surprise here, Mr. Tom Brady ;)

Luxury item : Were going to be very busy so I'll need my toothbrush :)

bradysbitch02 said:
I was reading this thread and planning my response and for my CD choice was the easy Billy Joel's greatest hits Vol.1 & 2 and I was shocked some one else picked it but I'm still going with it its my all time favorite.

Food: Has to be coffee (no one wants to be anywhere with me unless I've had my coffee)

Love slave: No surprise here, Mr. Tom Brady ;)

Luxury item : Were going to be very busy so I'll need my toothbrush :)

Bb02, that last line was a thing of beauty.

CD: Could I just bring a radio that catches WEEI?

Food: Some great BBQ from Tennessee's BBQ in Peabody

Love slave: Jessica simpson, that takes care of the CD part too :D
misc-jessica-simpson08.jpg

CD: Slipknot

Food: Pizza, Nachos, and any other "crap" items you can think of.

Love slave: My GF ofcourse:)

bideau on 05-30-2003 at 08:22 AM said:
CD - Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" with Queen's "A Night at the Opera" with a close second.

Food - Pizza I grew up with in Fitchburg, Espresso.

Lover - No question, Nicole Kidman.

Luxury item - I agree with the air bed. Even being with your dream lover can get old if your rolling around in dirt and sticks.

Espresso Sux. Ninas made good subs, though. The Marconi club used to make pizza every Wednesday. Now that was good pizza.:thumb:

Cleghorn Pizza and Twin City were my two fav's for pizza shop pizza.

CD - The Best of the Doors!

Oh thats right... its 2 CD's.
Does that still count?

075596034524.jpg

Food - Carney Asada Burritos (from any taco joint in San Diego)
I HAVE lived on those for several years before. No lie.
Its MANDATORY that I have the HOT sauce to go with it too.

img_7856.jpg

Lover - Janine Turner (of Northern Exposure)

She could help me build a badass shelter... and boat for that matter. Plus she has an awesome personality that would definitely make the situation pleasurable.

denimgal.jpg

Luxury item - Martin DR-41.

With lots and lots of strings! :D

dr-41-a-large.jpg

CD: Allman Bros. Greatest Hits (they can really jam)

Food: Pizza (never gets old)

Slave: Mrs. tmack (hey, she's hot and we get along. what more can I ask for for the rest of my life?)

Luxury: lifetime supply of razors (I don't want mrs. tmack to have hairy legs or a grandma patch)

Back