Good news is I had a service repair center tech come look at it, said the panel needs to be replaced and the total cost would be $1,375. The seller, after a lot of back and forth as to how much they were willing to pay for the repair since it wasn't covered under warranty (due to being Used -Like New), finally agreed to pay the full cost of the repair. So they're refunding me $1,400 and now I can hopefully get the damn thing fixed in time for at least one Celtics playoff game.

Funny thing is, the exchange went something like:

"I need to either return this TV or you can pay for the full cost of the repair for it"
"We'll pay up to $500 of the repairs cost"
"No, because if it ends up being more than $500 I don't want to pay the differential"
"We'll pay up to $800 of the repairs cost"
"How do I initiate a return/refund?" (I also left a bad review for them after this)
"Ok ok we'll pay up to $1,000 of the repairs cost. We'll pay for whatever it takes to repair it"
"The estimate is a $1,375 repair"
"Ok that's a little over the $1,000 but let me see if we can get this approved"
"I hope so since you said you'll pay for whatever it takes to repair it"
"Ok we're refunding you $1,400"

Good enough for me. Didn't want to go through the hassle of paying to return the TV and waiting for a refund and buying a new one all over again.

I am so done living in this god damn city. Our "nicer area" quiet neighborhood seems to be slowly fading away. The high school up the st, a gun was found in a locker 2 weeks ago. Last week there was a shooting near the park that we can see from our front window (we are up high so we can see a lot). One of the neighbors that walks their dog had found a sock with a mag for a gun in it in the shrubery on our St down the way a lil bit . Now today they arrest an 18 that literally lives around the corner (I can see his backyard from ours) for possession of a firearm and a few other charges. He's been hanging out at the high school for a few days and today they saw him go into someone's yard near the school. When he left they found a loaded .22 that is what got him arrested.

I swear to effing god my 30 years living in Lynn I've never been close to anything like this. The minute we can afford to sell this house (which I really do love) we are getting the f out of here. It's too bad because the majority of our neighbors are great.

5 kids with all kinds of crazy things, crossbow, blow darts, bb gun.... crazy the 5 if them taken in. 3 are 18, 2 under.

I was just saying to Zack a couple months ago I think it should be fine for me to walk by myself for my usual exercise that I like to do outside. Well now there's no way in hell I'm doing it. Not only that but I don't want to be caught in no crossfire while in my backyard because this loser pissed someone off. My neighbors have young kids too.

Circle got closed?

Nice day for a ride out in the country on the bike.

Circle got closed?

Nice day for a ride out in the country on the bike.

Went to buy an oil filter yesterday. As I pull into the parking lot so does a classic El Camino with a growly motor- you know the kind.

Me and El Camino guy are at the counter at the same time- I sort of hear what he's saying. "I'd like it if these parts were made in the good ol USA"

The counter guy was maybe 48 years old and he said;

"You older guys aren't living in the same country you grew up in".

Struck me as an interesting way of looking at things.

Went to buy an oil filter yesterday. As I pull into the parking lot so does a classic El Camino with a growly motor- you know the kind.

Me and El Camino guy are at the counter at the same time- I sort of hear what he's saying. "I'd like it if these parts were made in the good ol USA"

The counter guy was maybe 48 years old and he said;

"You older guys aren't living in the same country you grew up in".

Struck me as an interesting way of looking at things.

What year was the El Camino?

The only thing made in the USA anymore is a memory... :coffee:

Back