No but I am leaning towards an edible fruit arrangement we received at the office. I eat a lot of fruit but not typically melons and it had a variety of them that I ate.

Glad you are OK now but I wonder if it might have been whatever they use to preserve the fruit rather than the melon itself? I have not heard of melon allergies but strawberries are an often highly allergic fruit for some even if they just touch another food..people have severe reactions.

You might want to ask for allergy testing they can find out exactly what you are allergic to.

Speaking of edible fruit arrangement thing. If I find out the person I like is working Valentines day, I am going to send one to her work.

They are really yummy. Good call for Valentine's. Make sure she isn't allergic to strawberries and add a few extra chocolate covered ones. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad you are OK now but I wonder if it might have been whatever they use to preserve the fruit rather than the melon itself? I have not heard of melon allergies but strawberries are an often highly allergic fruit for some even if they just touch another food..people have severe reactions.

You might want to ask for allergy testing they can find out exactly what you are allergic to.

Yeah I think they will try and find out but the odds are 50-50 with this sort of thing. I'm going to stay away from any of my mainstays for now which is so many so I won't be wanting for anything :) Strawberries and I are fine!

I guess I get to add to the list of stuff I can't do. Now apparently I can't comment on facebook pages owned by my work with personal opinions when I am at home on my own time. BS, I posted a comment to someone who said my hometown was horrible and a bad place to live. I take offense to that. It isn't perfect, but it is a pretty nice place to live. Then someone said there is nothing to do around here. I then responded with a nice list of things to do around here and in the state of Indiana.

Might as well copy the whole thing.

The idiots.

Gotta love this town
I came back in town for this??
Man really! just getting into town from florida im ready to go back!

The last one got to me.

Here is what I replied.

Some of you act like TH is all bad and not anything good. I got news for you. Crime happens in all towns. Terre Haute is pretty nice area to live in compared to some other towns in bigger cities I been in. In TH, you don't have to be armed to feel safe. Quit acting like because something happens, everyone needs to abandon TH. We have something like this on average two-four times a year I bet. That is pretty good.

Idiot responded

lol @ vandi . and adam this town is horrible.

This one got to me, I guess some people expect things to be handed to them on a golden platter.

indiana is the worst place to live and raise a family at that . There is nothing here.

So I went off on the idiot in the nicest way I could

Kim, there is a lot Indiana has to offer, it isn't a big city. I can tell you just this last summer, I discovered a bunch of neat things to do in Indiana I had no idea was even affordable. You don't even have to drive to Indy to have fun. There is many state parks within an hour of here. If you like big cats, you got the exotic feline rescue center 20 minutes from TH. That place is amazing. You got two theme parks to go to within 2 1/2 hours of TH. Again, if you have a negative attitude about Indiana, you're going to hate it no matter what. Even Indy is pretty nice for quick get aways. The zoo is really nice. You got the Children s Museum. In winter, you got the Indianapolis Ice Hockey team (about 18 dollars to get in). In Summer you got the Indianapolis Indians. In Terre Haute, you got the Sycamores. If you have never been to a college football game, it is pretty neat. You have got the TH REx for a baseball team that is under 10 dollars to see. You got many city and county parks that are really nice. In general, we are not a big city. Don't expect the big city amenities.

And don't forget Shakamak and Turkey Run State Park. Turkey Run has a bunch of nice trails. Shakamak has nice camping. In northern Indiana you got the Indiana Dunes State Park. Also, Paoli and Perfect North Slopes are within an 2 and half hours of TH for snow fun in winter.

I made all these posts around 2:30pm. I walked into work about 3:30pm. Around 5:30pm I got this message in an email from the boss. WTF does this mean?

If you are threading with viewers on Facebook please stop.

I guess I get to add to the list of stuff I can't do. Now apparently I can't comment on facebook pages owned by my work with personal opinions when I am at home on my own time. BS, I posted a comment to someone who said my hometown was horrible and a bad place to live. I take offense to that. It isn't perfect, but it is a pretty nice place to live. Then someone said there is nothing to do around here. I then responded with a nice list of things to do around here and in the state of Indiana.

The idiots.

The last one got to me.

Here is what I replied.

Idiot responded

This one got to me, I guess some people expect things to be handed to them on a golden platter.

I made all these posts around 2:30pm. I walked into work about 3:30pm. Around 5:30pm I got this message in an email from the boss. WTF does this mean?
Bill Polian is still a pissed...:coffee:

The idiots.

The last one got to me.

Here is what I replied.

Idiot responded

It means that while you have a right to think, feel and say what you want, you don't have the right to do it on your company's Facebook, if they tell you not to. I'm not trying to dis you or make a big deal out of it, but it's amazing how many young folks feel they have the equivalent of "constitutional rights" to say what they weant, at work; to wear, for example, whatever clothes they want, at work; to comment on the companies social media venues, etc.

As the owner of a successful and long established HR consulting practice we deal with these kind of employee issues on a daily basis.

It's not that you are wrong or right, it's that you have a job, and if you need that job and want to keep it, you have to respect the rules. That doesn't mean you have to put up with illegal conduct from your employer, but this clearly isn't that.

Cheers, BostonTim

The idiots.

The last one got to me.

Here is what I replied.

Idiot responded

To follow up, apparently there was some rule that I hadn't heard of and neither has a few other employees that I talked to about this that you can't comment on a facebook page for work even though it was on your own time and nothing that has inside information.

My FB friends saw this but it is still making me grin. You KNOW you are watching too many bowl games when you dream that you are watching Utah play and they show a fan screaming wildly with a sign that says "GO UTAH UNLEASH HELL". lol!

Back