Snowstorm this weekend??

ROFL ROFL

C'mon guys, I'm sitting here in a cube laughing my ass off and people are poking their heads in to see what's so funny.

I never thought when I posted an innocent weather report that this would evolve into one of the funniest threads on this board.

bideau said:
ROFL ROFL

C'mon guys, I'm sitting here in a cube laughing my ass off and people are poking their heads in to see what's so funny.

Thats what it's all about Bideau. Bringing you football news with a twist.

OK, serious weather talk for a moment.

The forecasters, as of Thursday evening, are now agreeing that we'll get hit with some degree of snowstorm. Estimates run from 6-15 inches, depending on who you listen to. It should start Friday night/Saturday morning. It may still be snowing Sunday at noon.

This will have an impact on 'Fin travel plans. They'll probably have to think about traveling tomorrow rather than Saturday. They should have alot of spare time on their hands in the hotel. Think someone could send them a Lawrence Taylor gift :p

bideau said:
OK, serious weather talk for a moment.

The forecasters, as of Thursday evening, are now agreeing that we'll get hit with some degree of snowstorm. Estimates run from 6-15 inches, depending on who you listen to. It should start Friday night/Saturday morning. It may still be snowing Sunday at noon.

This will have an impact on 'Fin travel plans. They'll probably have to think about traveling tomorrow rather than Saturday. They should have alot of spare time on their hands in the hotel. Think someone could send them a Lawrence Taylor gift :p

Looks like a nice early season Nor'Easter, eh? The Dolphins will almost certainly have to fly in tomorrow.

I made the call to 1-800-LTS-HOES.

OK, back to the fun stuff. Here's the latest prose from the weather writers at WBZ4.com.

Currently, most signs suggest that a significant storm will evolve off Delmarva tomorrow. We are on the threshold of a classic Nor'easter as healthy high pressure in southern Canada contributes cold air in tandem with an intensifying storm south of Nantucket. The consensus of a myriad of computer models is now trending towards a high impact event here. Previous analysis placed the governing upper air low pressure system deeply south out of our territory. Latest indications do not confirm this thinking with this feature evolving precariously close to southern New England. Consequently, it is prudent to pump up the potential amounts to more than a foot west and north of Boston with 8-12" in the city and lower totals on the South Shore and especially Cape Cod where a mixing or plain rain occurs for a period of time. The stripe of heaviest snow will lie in an arc 40 or more miles west and north of Boston into the southern portions of northern New England. High tides near 10am and 10pm this weekend will feature some coastal flooding and wave battery particularly Sunday morning. With a convergence of solutions from the myriad of computer models which serve as forecast guidance, it now appears convincing enough to pull out all the stops.

I hope everyone has enough milk, bread and fuel because this just may be the end of the world as we know it. Anytime there's a convergence of solutions, its time to panic.

bideau said:
OK, back to the fun stuff. Here's the latest prose from the weather writers at WBZ4.com.

I hope everyone has enough milk, bread and fuel because this just may be the end of the world as we know it. Anytime there's a convergence of solutions, its time to panic.

Whomever is writing these reports is infatuated with the word "myriad".

Sounds like the heaviest snow will now fall north and west of the city, with lighter amounts (rain) to the south... ie Foxboro.

pookie said:
Whomever is writing these reports is infatuated with the word "myriad".

Sounds like the heaviest snow will now fall north and west of the city, with lighter amounts (rain) to the south... ie Foxboro.

We'll find out on Sunday. Weather forecasting around here is still just a best guess. Complicating matters is a little contract dispute between the state and snow plow drivers. Should make for an interesting ride to the stadium.

Consequently, it is prudent to pump up the potential amounts to more than a foot west and north of Boston with 8-12" in the city and lower totals on the South Shore and especially Cape Cod where a mixing or plain rain occurs for a period of time.

This forcast is starting to look plowable.

Let's go to the radar map:

cnn_nex2.png

Here we can clearly see the disturbance forming to the North and East of Delmarva proper. This has the potential, due to the confluence of models, to look vastly different than it appears, but not as different as we anticipate. I think we can pull out all the stops on this now. Stay tuned. Back to you Ken.

OK folks, we're officially in the throes of the Delmarvian Cyclogenesis. Current predictions are for 18-24" with snow continuing up to game time.

I've normally got a 25 minute drive to the stadium. I'm hoping I'll be able to get out of my driveway and off my street. For me, it will be a matter of safely getting to and from the stadium. My gut feeling is that the stadium will be fairly empty. It's alot to ask anyone to drive with that much snow on the ground and still coming down.

I wonder how the players and game officials are going to make out getting there. If the Fins waited until today to come in, they're going to be going through travel hell. I wonder how the grounds crew will get the field even semi playable. The seats will be under 2 feet of snow. Should be interesting for the ones that make it. This is not like the Snow Bowl. That snow didn't start until a few hours before game time. I was in the lot when the snow started.

The bottom line is that this will be a logistical nightmare for everyone involved.

bideau said:

The bottom line is that this will be a logistical nightmare for everyone involved.

Good. People will make it I bet. I know snow can be a bitch to drive through but maybe people should I dunno...bring campers to the stadium lot? And just wait? Stupid idea there....But um hmmm snowstorm+roads=hell....So hopefully as much people as possible can make it there.

bideau said:
OK folks, we're officially in the throes of the Delmarvian Cyclogenesis. Current predictions are for 18-24" with snow continuing up to game time.

I've normally got a 25 minute drive to the stadium. I'm hoping I'll be able to get out of my driveway and off my street. For me, it will be a matter of safely getting to and from the stadium. My gut feeling is that the stadium will be fairly empty. It's alot to ask anyone to drive with that much snow on the ground and still coming down.

Well, Bideau--I must say that I was waiting to see if we ACTUALLY got the storm, as sometimes they predict these things and then we get NOTHING...
However, given that the "Delmarva Cyclo" is already upon us, I am going to opt to not drive the three hours (normally!), down to Foxboro, afterall... I feel badly about this, as a bunch of us were going to get together to tail-gate, but maybe the others can still make it...
I agree that it will probably be a logistical nightmare for everyone... Good luck & safe travels!... :)
p.s.--this turned out to be a wicked funny thread, as well as informational... Don't 'cha just love it when that happens?!... You just never know with the crew around here! :D :thumb:

BionicPatriot said:
Good. People will make it I bet. I know snow can be a bitch to drive through but maybe people should I dunno...bring campers to the stadium lot? And just wait? Stupid idea there....But um hmmm snowstorm+roads=hell....So hopefully as much people as possible can make it there.

It's not as easy as it sounds, Bionic. First, the lots don't open until Noon. The snow will still be coming down hard and the plows will be having trouble keeping up. I'm sure the Pats will do their best to keep the lots and access paths clear, but I don't see how they can clear the stands.

For me, it's not a comfort issue. I'll dress appropriately. It's a safety issue. If I feel I can get to and from the stadium safely, I'll be there. But there are alot of roads that will be undrivable, many people won't have power and they will not want to leave their loved ones for a game.

It will be a "game time" decision for me.

Peg said:
Well, Bideau--I must say that I was waiting to see if we ACTUALLY got the storm, as sometimes they predict these things and then we get NOTHING...
However, given that the "Delmarva Cyclo" is already upon us, I am going to opt to not drive the three hours (normally!), down to Foxboro, afterall... I feel badly about this, as a bunch of us were going to get together to tail-gate, but maybe the others can still make it...
I agree that it will probably be a logistical nightmare for everyone... Good luck & safe travels!... :)
p.s.--this turned out to be a wicked funny thread, as well as informational... Don't 'cha just love it when that happens?!... You just never know with the crew around here! :D :thumb:

Well, considering that the 3 hour commute may end up being double that, it's a smart decision. The heaviest band of snow is predicted right over the 95-Rte 1 belt from Providence to Boston.

Those of us who make it will recount all the travel stories on Monday.

bideau said:
It's not as easy as it sounds, Bionic. First, the lots don't open until Noon. The snow will still be coming down hard and the plows will be having trouble keeping up. I'm sure the Pats will do their best to keep the lots and access paths clear, but I don't see how they can clear the stands.

For me, it's not a comfort issue. I'll dress appropriately. It's a safety issue. If I feel I can get to and from the stadium safely, I'll be there. But there are alot of roads that will be undrivable, many people won't have power and they will not want to leave their loved ones for a game.

It will be a "game time" decision for me.

Thanks for writing this, Brian, as I have already received a PM, calling me a big wimp, for not wanting to make the trek down there tomorrow... (And we'll just see if that particular poster, who shall remain nameless, ever gets his cooler back from me now!) Heh-heh! :D
Seriously though, it makes me feel a lot better if even YOU will be making a last minute decision about attempting to make it to the game tomorrow... I was feeling a little guilty about not going, but I know that I have to listen to my gut instinct and it is telling me to stay put, hunker down and wait it out...
Hope I don't lose my satellite signal, though, because then I wouldn't be able to watch the game! YIKES!!!... Now THERE is a scary thought!!!...:eek:

Peg said:
I was feeling a little guilty about not going, but I know that I have to listen to my gut instinct and it is telling me to stay put, hunker down and wait it out...

Peg,

You big wimp you, are you really let a little cyclogenesis push you around? You should go, really. And Cookie will be there! ;) (That's a hilarious inside joke, with no offense to Cookieincollege intended....) I must have missed out on the hunker-down gene because I definitely don't hunker. But you go right ahead and hunker if you feel the urge. :)

NoRespect said:
Peg,

You big wimp you, are you really let a little cyclogenesis push you around? You should go, really. And Cookie will be there! ;) (That's a hilarious inside joke, with no offense to Cookieincollege intended....) I must have missed out on the hunker-down gene because I definitely don't hunker. But you go right ahead and hunker if you feel the urge. :)

LMAO!!!... :D (hey--how do you find those little emoticons that are rolling on the floor, laughing their asses off?!) :confused:

Funny (on SO MANY levels!) that you should mention Cookie in your post here... Firstly, because he still wants to go tomorrow and also because "HE" is the one that thinks that I am being a big wimp... He figures that since I drive a Suburban, that I should be fearless of driving in a nor'easter... Frankly, it is the Mass-hole drivers that scare the bejeezus out of me!... (That, and Sister-of-Peg can't take care of my doggies for me, afterall... And I badly sprained my ankle earlier this week and driving just plain hurts to do right now... And, etc, etc...)
So, yes--I will HUNKER down... I thought that ALL Vermontahs were "hunkerer downers"?!... :D
(Tell me, did I just wordify a verb there?!...) I can't seem to get that wordify or verbify thingey straight!... ;) :p

Peg said:
LMAO!!!... :D (hey--how do you find those little emoticons that are rolling on the floor, laughing their asses off?!) :confused:

Funny (on SO MANY levels!) that you should mention Cookie in your post here... Firstly, because he still wants to go tomorrow and also because "HE" is the one that thinks that I am being a big wimp... He figures that since I drive a Suburban, that I should be fearless of driving in a nor'easter... Frankly, it is the Mass-hole drivers that scare the bejeezus out of me!... (That, and Sister-of-Peg can't take care of my doggies for me, afterall... And I badly sprained my ankle earlier this week and driving just plain hurts to do right now... And, etc, etc...)
So, yes--I will HUNKER down... I thought that ALL Vermontahs were "hunkerer downers"?!... :D
(Tell me, did I just wordify a verb there?!...) I can't seem to get that wordify or verbify thingey straight!... ;) :p

You type "R-O-F-L" without the spaces. There is a method to the madness. ;) Did we ever tell the rest of the Planet about that little episode? It probably was one that you "had to be there" for, but it sure was hilarious. Not all VTers are the hunkering-sort, although that is a rather tough word to adjectify.

Hey keep me in this..

o:) Yeah I called Peg a wimp what's it to ya!!! I probably won't make it tomorrow either if everyone else is going to back out but we all know I can never resist the urge to take a shot at Peg when I get the chance!!! ;) I just hope that the Dolfags are as wimpy yeah WIMPY as Peg!!! Now what could beat leaving the house up in the boonies of VT at 8 in the morning to make a 4:00 game in a blizzard!!!

I was still going to make the trek but now I'm not sure how many people are actually going to go. Seeing as how we were going to all tailgate and then watch the gama at funway it wouldn't be much fun with a group of 2 or 3 people now would it? Since the fearless leader, well not really fearless now is she?!?, is backing down and waiting until next week when it will probably snow again....I think she's going to be stuck inside up in Vamont until the draft so we'll see you then PEG!!!! :D :cool: :) :p

Re: Hey keep me in this..

COOKIEINCOLLEGE said:
Seeing as how we were going to all tailgate and then watch the gama at funway it wouldn't be much fun with a group of 2 or 3 people now would it? Since the fearless leader, well not really fearless now is she?!? :p

This is not looking like good tailgating weather that much is certain. We are seeing some plowable effects from that storm up this way so I can only imagine what it is doing down there. I hope this storm doesn't peter-out by tomorrow. I am really looking forward to some sizeable accumulation at kickoff. :( ;)

Back