Page 1 of 171 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Nostalgic Music Thread

Nostalgic Music Thread

The death of Davy Jones prompted me to rummage through my old 45's and LPs. Here's a sample of what I rediscovered:

"It says a lot," a 25-year-old fan reflected, "that the greatest moment in my life is a Week 3 win over New England." I AM PATRIOTS

bay(1/22/15) "The NFL should employ Mona Lisa Vito to calibrate football pressure."
    Belichick (1/24/15) ?I would not say I?m the Mona Lisa Vito of the football world as she was in the car expertise area.?

taltos
    Defense League

"It says a lot," a 25-year-old fan reflected, "that the greatest moment in my life is a Week 3 win over New England." I AM PATRIOTS

bay(1/22/15) "The NFL should employ Mona Lisa Vito to calibrate football pressure."
    Belichick (1/24/15) ?I would not say I?m the Mona Lisa Vito of the football world as she was in the car expertise area.?

taltos
    Defense League

taltos
    Defense League

Here are a couple.
    http:// and anotherhttp://
    We keep our women virgins until they're married,
    So hosing sheep is good enough for us.

A**hole from El Paso, Kinky Friedman

These songs really take me back to when I was a kid, being driven around in my cousin Carol's Mustang while she ran errands. She'd drive to a car wash, and we'd laugh like crazy as the car went through. The father of a friend of hers owned a sandwich shop named 'Yellow Submarine', and we'd get lunch and eat subs at Colt's State Park.

Keep those songs coming

taltos
    Defense League

Gosh, how could I forget. My best friend and I driving around in her '68 Camaro. To say this was our was our theme song is an understatement.

A little maze of twisting passages, all different.
    From The Smothers Comedy Brothers Hour...

For the Janis Ian fans, I would have thought that this song would be the winner http://
    We keep our women virgins until they're married,
    So hosing sheep is good enough for us.

A**hole from El Paso, Kinky Friedman

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance Hawg73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebay View Post
    These songs really take me back to when I was a kid, being driven around in my cousin Carol's Mustang while she ran errands. She'd drive to a car wash, and we'd laugh like crazy as the car went through. The father of a friend of hers owned a sandwich shop named 'Yellow Submarine', and we'd get lunch and eat subs at Colt's State Park.

Keep those songs coming
    Wow. I always thought you were younger than me, but we're probably pretty close based on the tunes in your collection.

I hated a lot of the "Lost 45's" type songs of the 60's and early 70's -- the kind of stuff my sister had in her collection of 45s, but a couple of years ago I put together a playlist of all the stuff that gave me a headache back then and I unveiled it for a bunch of my wife's relatives who were in town during a margarita session on my back deck.

To say they loved it would be an understatement. They sang along at the top of their lungs to practically all of them. I actually forgot to include "Seasons in the Sun", but I had some Cher, Bo Donaldson, Marc Lindsay and the like in there singing "story" songs like Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves, Billy Don't Be a Hero and Cherokee People.

There was some heavy competition for worst song of all time, but I decided that the gem below got my vote. Oddly enough, I liked listening to these things after all those years. They were so bad they were good. It brought me back to simpler times when the world seemed new and filled with possibilities.

The worst of all time:

I offer up a GREAT song ABOUT nostlgia. It's called:

Looking for an Echo

I think this song was from the eighties - I need to check it out it's a bit elusive.

I have it on a Persuasions compilation album.

It is a Nostalgic look back on the doo-wop era. I love this song. This rendition is from the Spike Lee show.

Enjoy.

Cheers, BostonTim
    They say I shot man named Gray,
    And took his wife to Italy.
    She inherited a million bucks,
    And when she died
    It came to me.
    I can't help it if I'm lucky.

Bob Dylan, Idiot Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg73 View Post
    Wow. I always thought you were younger than me, but we're probably pretty close based on the tunes in your collection.

I hated a lot of the "Lost 45's" type songs of the 60's and early 70's -- the kind of stuff my sister had in her collection of 45s, but a couple of years ago I put together a playlist of all the stuff that gave me a headache back then and I unveiled it for a bunch of my wife's relatives who were in town during a margarita session on my back deck.

To say they loved it would be an understatement. They sang along at the top of their lungs to practically all of them. I actually forgot to include "Seasons in the Sun", but I had some Cher, Bo Donaldson, Marc Lindsay and the like in there singing "story" songs like Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves, Billy Don't Be a Hero and Cherokee People.

There was some heavy competition for worst song of all time, but I decided that the gem below got my vote. Oddly enough, I liked listening to these things after all those years. They were so bad they were good. It brought me back to simpler times when the world seemed new and filled with possibilities.

The worst of all time:

Uh....yeah. I think you grabbed Worst Evah with that pick, Hawg Man.
    ???.......and Originator of The Internet Renowned Lust Grumble???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc7b62El_fk

I don't know how to imbed this properly. But you know how to click the link.

If a mod wishes to compromize my account, like RG does all the time, feel free to fix this thing.

;)
    ???.......and Originator of The Internet Renowned Lust Grumble???

taltos
    Defense League