Nostalgic Music Thread

What a great sound Gary U.S. Bonds had- always sounded like a great party in some guys basement somewhere:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bvH8dU42a3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song: Your Mind Is On Vacation
Artist: Mose Allison Trio

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-wBdQ16rDgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Congratulations are in order for Beags for the creation of a thread that has garnered over 1000 replies. Well done, indeed.

:jclap:
:dance:
woohoo

Get up on your feet, and shake it with me, everyone :cute: :dance:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OSGGmOf_zdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's all your contributions that make this thread so great. I'm content in the company of passionate and knowledgeable music lovers :thumb:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SsNl9zaWJdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well I'll come 4th with my support for anything Beagles is upto.

And I offer you Beethoven's 5th:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fOk8Tm815lE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And mine:

Cheers

Used to hear this fellow - Roy Buchanan - a lot back in the 70's etc. Great guitarist, I remember him on Austin City Limits a couple times too:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ux6ZTo9tEy8?list=PL7A22416D2FE56983" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back in the 70's, Les McCann did this really good, soft, soul, funky version of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On". This is the live version done at the Montreux Jazz Festival:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uUXYz37zLyI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

a new twist on an older song, watch the banjo players fingers

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e4Ao-iNPPUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Teenage Wasteland
Classic Baba overstatement ROFL.

A dated look but I love it:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_8_Pf144Qmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

In honor of Lauren Bacall who died today at age 89. She is mentioned in this wonderful Michael Franks song "Just Like Key Largo".

The video is very clever and well done too I might add:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d9n4PtjdDJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought of this one at random the other day and it is both obscure and pretty comical. You can definitely see the similarity in the two songs which were mashed-up to create it long before anybody knew what that meant.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xG2lTB-UVvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mFfuUu5xmMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heard this one on Sirius/XM this morning- such a beautiful heartache of a song:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yYAuSLEmEKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just moved back to Massachusetts today after 5 years in California.

Have not made an appointment to have my head examined, it would only confirm what's obvious.

:dom:

Well TIP, welcome back. I think Mass has many positives vs California, but conversely, they have a lot of pluses over Mass. in their own right, as I'm sure you know.

I happen to be here right now on vacation, was planning on going to practice today, but alas, a washout ensued. I'm headed back to Indiana next week...........and I must say, I'd like to stay longer....!

Well TIP, welcome back. I think Mass has many positives vs California, but conversely, they have a lot of pluses over Mass. in their own right, as I'm sure you know.

I happen to be here right now on vacation, was planning on going to practice today, but alas, a washout ensued. I'm headed back to Indiana next week...........and I must say, I'd like to stay longer....!
You're right, of course. It was just tough today taking off from San Diego and landing in the puddle that was Logan Airport.

I'll be retiring in 5-7 years, and there's a short list of states that we've put together as possible retirement locations.

Currently, MA & CA are #1 and #2 - we're not sure of the order yet, and there are a couple of other states that could jump up once we start doing the serious post-retirement financial/medical/quality-of-life analysis.

Back