Annihilus said:
I prefer to think of 'Ben' as the giant scheming rat in the movie Willard...

He's not quite as creepy.

Yabut....Crispin Glover is.

Annihilus said:
I prefer to think of 'Ben' as the giant scheming rat in the movie Willard...

He's not quite as creepy.
Actually, that's who (or I guess what) the song was about. That song was the theme song for the sequel, a movie named "Ben", sung by Michael Jackson.
________
Honda of Canada Manufacturing history

dchester said:
Actually, that's who (or I guess what) the song was about. That song was the theme song for the sequel, a movie named "Ben", sung by Michael Jackson.

No sh!t? I haven't seen the original 'Ben' or 'Willard' for that matter - but the remake was pretty cool. Now I've gotta rent the originals and see how they can work a Michael Jackson song into a horror movie. It'd be pretty easy to do nowadays, but back then Michael was young enough to like boys and not be breaking the law when he did it.

I love Crispin Glover, UT! He can come off pretty creepy though. His numerous appearances on Late Night with David Letterman are classics...

He's quite the student of acting and is a very smart guy. I don't think I'd want him dating my daughter though (if'n I had one that is...)

dchester said:

Thanks D, at least I'm not the only old guy around here who remembers that. :D

That song was played ad nauseum when it was released (around '73). There's nothing like a high pitched Michael Jackson singing a love song about a rat.

bideau said:
Thanks D, at least I'm not the only old guy around here who remembers that. :D

That song was played ad nauseum when it was released (around '73). There's nothing like a high pitched Michael Jackson singing a love song about a rat.

I wasn't allowed to see horror movies until 1979 when Prophecy came out. I've got an excuse ;)

And there's nothing wrong with loving rats (just not in that way). I've got two of 'em.

Soooo.......

What do you think the average rainfall in the Amazon basin per year is?

Well I came back from 13 hours helping out at the polling booth for the local Conservative candidate, only to come home and find out he got creamed...

JPK (4 more years of corruption and scandal...I hate this country sometimes)

I'm about to start another loooooong, booooooring day at work.

I've got to buy a lottery ticket for the big drawing tonight so I can tell this place to....:4321:

kirjtc2 said:
Well I came back from 13 hours helping out at the polling booth for the local Conservative candidate, only to come home and find out he got creamed...

JPK (4 more years of corruption and scandal...I hate this country sometimes)

Hey JPK, is this really a problem in Canada?

Voters urged not to eat their ballots
June 29, 2004

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - Canadians went to the polls in a federal election on Monday with a firm warning from election officials: Please do not eat your ballots.

"Eating a ballot, not returning it or otherwise destroying or defacing it constitutes a serious breach of the Canada Elections Act," Elections Canada warns on its Internet site.

The issue was of sufficient concern to warrant inclusion in the site's "Frequency asked Questions" section, above answers to such inquiries as "Why should I vote?" and "Am I registered?"

Three Alberta men were charged with eating their paper ballots during Canada's last federal election, in 2000. The members of the Edible Ballot Society were protesting against what they said was a lack of real choice among candidates.

bideau said:

I've got to buy a lottery ticket for the big drawing tonight so I can tell this place to....:4321:

Amen, brotha. We've got a nice pool going. Would be kind of fun to see the devestation caused to this company when half the IT staff suddenly is gone. :D

Moebius said:
Amen, brotha. We've got a nice pool going. Would be kind of fun to see the devestation caused to this company when half the IT staff suddenly is gone. :D

That actually happened at the company I work at. We were bought out by a company from the Netherlands and our IT staff has been reduced to 1. They claim that they can do everything from Delft.

Thank God I'm in tech support and not IT. There are so many dumbasses out there, I'll never lack for work.

bideau said:

I'm about to start a GLORIOUS day at home!!!! I've been out of school for a week today and have yet to just sit around because I had appointments all last week. But today.... I'm parking my butt by the pool with a book... FINALLY!!

Back