Patriots really are in Jet's heads

bishbash

Tall Earthquake Finders roam the desert
Reaction score
Leonard Williams wasted no time jumping right into the Patriots-Jets rivalry. Williams, a defensive lineman who went to the Jets No. 6 overall in Thursday’s first round, told reporters after being selected that sacking Brady has turned into a personal goal.

“They have a lot of pictures up of Brady in their complex,” Williams said. “I’m looking forward to a great matchup against him. I hope that he is my first sack of my career.”

Just one problem with that declaration, if you’re a Jets fan. The Patriots and Jets don’t meet until Oct. 25, New England’s seventh game. If Brady really is Williams’s first sack, it will mean the former defensive end from Southern California will go more than a month into his rookie season without one.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ll-patriots/IK4rJmUII0ljZlwvRpV91K/story.html

Leonard Williams wasted no time jumping right into the Patriots-Jets rivalry. Williams, a defensive lineman who went to the Jets No. 6 overall in Thursday’s first round, told reporters after being selected that sacking Brady has turned into a personal goal.

“They have a lot of pictures up of Brady in their complex,” Williams said. “I’m looking forward to a great matchup against him. I hope that he is my first sack of my career.”

Just one problem with that declaration, if you’re a Jets fan. The Patriots and Jets don’t meet until Oct. 25, New England’s seventh game. If Brady really is Williams’s first sack, it will mean the former defensive end from Southern California will go more than a month into his rookie season without one.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ll-patriots/IK4rJmUII0ljZlwvRpV91K/story.html

holy crap....he's an excited kid weho just got drafted. He wants to get a sack against a great QB....whats the issue?

For god sake....pictures of Brady? This is why the Patriots stay ahead of the pack, they don't go into that nonsense. They worry about themselves and doing their job. Do people think back in the day there was pictures of PeyPey around the lockerroom on Dartboards etc?

Of that the Patriot players would not mention the Colts by name?

Pro athletes should really be above that kind of College/High School nonsense.

holy crap....he's an excited kid weho just got drafted. He wants to get a sack against a great QB....whats the issue?

Comment referred to Brady photos in Jets HQ, not rookie's excitement to sack Brady.

I'd be excited if I were you, as well.

The kid is really, really good. I think everybody that is interested in the NFL realizes that D has the potential to be something special.

We're still the resident beasts, but, on paper, the East got a lot tighter this offseason.

Comment referred to Brady photos in Jets HQ, not rookie's excitement to sack Brady.

Oh. Is that why that part was BOLDed? I was wondering. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

I would have asked him if he has to change his name to "Williamson". ROFL
And I have ZERO problem with what the kid said. If anything, it shows he is aware of the NFL and its rivalries. I do bet that the TB pics are a residual of RR. I can't see calm, cool Bowles doing that.

I would have asked him if he has to change his name to "Williamson". ROFL
And I have ZERO problem with what the kid said. If anything, it shows he is aware of the NFL and its rivalries. I do bet that the TB pics are a residual of RR. I can't see calm, cool Bowles doing that.

The Patriots are in every team's head this year. :coffee:

Must be a sad existence to be playing to catch up to a division rival.

Yeah, I'm not sure any of this stuff works as a motivator, sounds more like your trying to deify your rival

I agree. No issue here. I sincerely hope he gets his wish and his first sack is against Brady. In the Jets schedule there are only two games they really care about. I'm fine with splitting them and letting the rook get his wish by not sacking any one for the first half of the year. In fact I hope he gets his second sack against Brady in the second Pats-Jets game.

Nothing will ever top the letterman jackets. I saw that picture originally and the only thing came to mind is JJ Watt saying "I keep gettin older, they stay the saaaame age." Really knocked down his bad ass image a peg or two.

But it still delights me to hear the Jets have pictures of Brady plastered all over the place. I guess it makes sense, they don't have a lot of their own accomplishments to fill that space with. Lots of bare concrete otherwise.

Sent from the moon using lasers

The Pats are in the heads of every AFCE team, and should be. They've dominated the division for 15 years.

Every other team has built their roster to try to stop Brady. In order to achieve any other goals, they really have to figure out how to get past NE first.

It will be tough to beat, that's for sure. The coach from that team is now the HC of the Broncos. Wonder if they'll wear letterman jackets too?

I'm still not sure what the message was supposed to be with those. "We're mimicking a High School football team!"

I'm still not sure what the message was supposed to be with those. "We're mimicking a High School football team!"

"We're the varsity!"

I really am hoping to see Peyton in a letterman jacket this year, even though I'm sure Kubiak won't make that mistake again.

Back