Random Football News

I can't work out how the Seahawks have managed to get this far with their salary cap. I wonder if there's any shenanigans there.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-03%20at%2014.32.04_zpskm8ymaqe.png

I can't work out how the Seahawks have managed to get this far with their salary cap. I wonder if there's any shenanigans there.

Well, bear in mind that the cap keeps going up too.

But this is happening now, because this is right in the middle of all those rookie contracts coming to an end. And soon enough, on the other side, you're going to have some players looking for their third contracts.

One thing that might save them is that Marshawn Lynch isn't going to play forever, and he's being paid just stupid money.

Well, we've been saying this day was coming for a couple of years now.

I still can't believe they traded for Jimmy Graham and his contract, knowing this was all coming down.

What's your guess Schneider's going to take another job in the year or two?

My guess: Seattle is all-in for 2015-2016, but especially for 2015 with Graham since Graham's cap hit reverts to 0 for 2016 & 2017 should they cut/trade him during those years. Schneider was smart & bought some time with Wilson's contract to decide for sure about him before the huge cap hits begin in 2018. If it isn't working out then in 2018 Seattle has a lot of flexibility to do what it needs to do at that time. This was smart I think by Schneider to structure Wilson's contract this way.

<table class="data" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="label"><td>Year</td><td>Base salary</td><td>Cap number</td></tr><tr class="row1"><td>2015</td><td>$700K</td><td>$6.9M</td></tr><tr class="row2"><td>2016</td><td>12.3M</td><td>18.5M</td></tr><tr class="row1"><td>2017</td><td>12.6M</td><td>18.8M</td></tr><tr class="row2"><td>2018</td><td>15.5M</td><td>21.7M</td></tr><tr class="row1"><td>2019</td><td>17.0M</td><td>23.2M</td></tr></tbody></table>Wilson gets $31 million to sign, with $20 million coming on Aug. 10. The remainder is due in April.
The cap numbers are very manageable and can be lowered more by turning $10 million or more of base to bonus in a year like 2016 or 2017 -- and spreading it over the remainder. With the cap soaring and with quarterback salaries on the rise, these sides could easily be back at the bargaining table by 2017.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...russell-wilsons-deal-broken-down-year-by-year

They are spending very little money on offensive linemen and wide receivers. Their best offensive linemen, Russel Okung, is still playing under his rookie contract. He also has the highest cap hit among Seattle's o-linemen in 2015 at $7,280,000. The next highest cap hit among offensive linemen is only $1,556,212 (J.R. Sweezy).

The Seahawks's highest paid receiver is Doug Balwin who signed a three-year, $13 million contract extension in 2014. His cap hit for 2015 is only $4,650,000.

Interesting to see what happens with Kam Chancellor. He's holding out and they'll need to give him his pay day. They really have no room to move. Jimmy Graham is really going to have to deliver, but is Wilson the QB to give him enough passes?

Interesting to see what happens with Kam Chancellor. He's holding out and they'll need to give him his pay day. They really have no room to move. Jimmy Graham is really going to have to deliver, but is Wilson the QB to give him enough passes?

Hmmmmm wouldn't he look good next to McCountry.

This morning on Mike & Mike, they spent an inordinate amount of time talking about the butthurt ex Eagles players who implied Chip Kelly is racist. I thought players were mentally tough but instead we have guys saying "he's not comfortable with our culture" (are they from Zimbabwe or something???) all seemingly stemming back to the whole Riley Cooper got plastered and screamed a racist word AT A NON WORK RELATED EVENT NOT DIRECTED AT HIS TEAM AND ON HIS OWN TIME but is still on the team? Good god. You whiners have all had fantastic and sheltered lives if that is what has you butthurt.

Riley Cooper is on the team because he is a bigger WR and he is CHEAP TO PAY. Check the SIZES of the guys and their paychecks who Chip brought in not their skin color. It is not a great conspiracy with Chip Kelly and the KKK. I mean dude traded a white QB for a native American one. He signed DeMarco Murray in lieu of McCoy and last I checked Murray is still black. Screamin A Smith said something about how black guys may perceive the wearing of monitors for their health as a smack at them (racism) basically.

The kind of crap the media stirs up is just pathetic.

This morning on Mike & Mike, they spent an inordinate amount of time talking about the butthurt ex Eagles players who implied Chip Kelly is racist. I thought players were mentally tough but instead we have guys saying "he's not comfortable with our culture" (are they from Zimbabwe or something???) all seemingly stemming back to the whole Riley Cooper got plastered and screamed a racist word AT A NON WORK RELATED EVENT NOT DIRECTED AT HIS TEAM AND ON HIS OWN TIME but is still on the team? Good god. You whiners have all had fantastic and sheltered lives if that is what has you butthurt.

Riley Cooper is on the team because he is a bigger WR and he is CHEAP TO PAY. Check the SIZES of the guys and their paychecks who Chip brought in not their skin color. It is not a great conspiracy with Chip Kelly and the KKK. I mean dude traded a white QB for a native American one. He signed DeMarco Murray in lieu of McCoy and last I checked Murray is still black. Screamin A Smith said something about how black guys may perceive the wearing of monitors for their health as a smack at them (racism) basically.

The kind of crap the media stirs up is just pathetic.

Truth is stranger than fiction

ROFL
ROFL
:facepalm:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-wander-obliviously-into-something-stupid/

Colts are the latest to wander obliviously into something stupid

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 6, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
Jim-Irsay-APstoryJuly-4
AP
Attention all young marketing and advertising professionals — the NFL and its member clubs need your help.

Badly.

On the same day the Buccaneers launched a patronizing, pandering appeal to female fans, the Colts have stumbled into another well-meaning attempt at public service that ends up making them look like a bunch of clods.

They’re asking fans to bring any unused or expired prescription drugs to training camp.

Bring unused or expired Rx prescriptions for safe disposal to #ColtsCamp on 8/9 & receive the 2014 highlight DVD! indcolts.co/HsbCvj

Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) August 06, 2015
Does no one in owner Jim Irsay’s front office have even a shred of self-awareness?

This is even more tone-deaf than the Vikings promoting Family Day with a photo of Adrian Peterson kissing his kid.

If there’s anything the NFL has proven itself great at, it is reaching large groups of people, and separating them from their money. But somewhere along the way, the league has gotten to the point where they’re either too big to notice or too big to care when they step into a pile of something.

For a league that is so concerned with messaging, you’d think they’d be better at it.

LOL seriously LOL

~Dee~
Posted via Mobile Device

A drug addict wants your meds for DVD's. He going to need to be high to watch that defense

Does every fan who turns in their prescriptions get $29,000?

Dianna Marie Russini ‏<s>@</s>diannaESPN <small class="time"> 14m14 minutes ago </small> Just learned from a NFL league source the NFL has reversed its 20 year policy on prohibiting non-salary items in practice squad contracts.

This means signing bonuses, guarantees and roster bonuses are ok again. Teams will be raiding PSquads now for their rosters.

Back