Looking at the Patriots - 2020

The early report was wrong. Apparently only 7 members of the PS signed. Defensive ends Eric Lee and Tashawn Bower were not among the transactions announced by New England on Monday.

I dont know, because unlike fantasy we all know the future talk, we do not know what he is. It doesnt matter if it helps, it matters if he is ready, which, really...you dont know. Unlike what most fans think the greatest QB is not always the one that is not good enough to start. The unknown does not mean great.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

Yep 3 years for him I believe. Some teams are not ready to just flush down being a superbowl contender yet.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Is that a common thing Chev?

Garropolo seemed to have developed well with extra time as well.

An excellent and logical approach to the decision facing BB et al with regard to signing TB written by Evan Lazar. Every one here should read this.

https://www.clnsmedia.com/lazar-patriots-wary-multi-year-contract-tom-brady/

We’re coming off a 12-5 season.

That with a capital S Suck OLine and lackluster explosive weapons.

I’d be VERY hesitant to turn the page and just assume anyone gets us to 12-4 with Bill. Maybe it is Stidham. Or maybe it’s Tua. Or Fromm. Whomever.

But ALL would be well served to spend another year or 2 behind the GOAT.

Fortify both lines heavily.

Land this years Humphries.

Get at least 2 waterbug explosive seperation guys at WR.

Multiple TEs.

A huge RB.

That’s my plan.

I’d be VERY hesitant to turn the page and just assume anyone gets us to 12-4 with Bill. Maybe it is Stidham. Or maybe it’s Tua. Or Fromm. Whomever.

But ALL we be well served to spend another year or 2 behind the GOAT.

Multiple TEs.

A huge RB.

That’s my plan.

Amen

Multiple TEs.

A huge RB.

That’s my plan.

Sounds like a good plan to me! :cool:

An excellent and logical approach to the decision facing BB et al with regard to signing TB written by Evan Lazar. Every one here should read this.

https://www.clnsmedia.com/lazar-patriots-wary-multi-year-contract-tom-brady/

Great article. Thanks for posting. This was no big surprise to me, but others this season seemed to think our WRs were doing just fine with getting open. In fact, they were the worst in the league at that:

"As far as his supporting cast goes, Brady’s receivers ranked dead-last, 32nd, in average separation on Brady’s 613 pass attempts. Not just the targeted receiver on a play, we are talking about all five eligible pass-catchers on every pass attempt.

And New England’s receivers dropped 34 of Brady’s 419 on-target passes, which was the second-most in the league."

The offense desperately needs weapons next year.

Maybe someone new needs to start evaluating and picking skill position talent. Especially without Brady to carry JAGs.

Gronk was a great pick and Jules was an unlikely result to become so productive. But there haven’t been many truly great skill position players on this team over the past 10 years. Brady has elevated guys like Lloyd, and countless draft picks have been wasted.

BB and whomever else contributes to those decisions needs a slice of humble pie - get someone who knows what they’re doing into the process. Because without Brady, it’s going to get much much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multiple TEs.

A huge RB.

That’s my plan.
I need a happy sock

Mahomes had a year too.

it helps

Mahomes seems to have regressed this year, I know he had a couple injuries, but geez it seems like every year I hear about injuries brady played through. I wonder if the shine worse off mahomes a bit. I mean still a good QB, but not sure some of those throw it up for grabs plays are working as well this year.

Evan [email]Lazar@ezlazar·13m
Since the #Patriots drafted him in the third round in 2016, Joe Thuney has played 5.267 out of 5,301 snaps (99.4%), started in all 74 games including playoffs, has only allowed one sack in the last two seasons, and wasn't called for a penalty in 2019. Think he's getting paid?

Best O Lineman we've had. Consistently good and available.

Since the #Patriots drafted him in the third round in 2016, Joe Thuney has played 5.267 out of 5,301 snaps (99.4%), started in all 74 games including playoffs, has only allowed one sack in the last two seasons, and wasn't called for a penalty in 2019. Think he's getting paid?

I thought Belichick only wasted draft picks on horrible failures...
:coffee:

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

All Brady needs to get clicking with the offense is a legit speed X WR, a TE who can catch and block and David Andrews back on the OL. Anything else added would be a bonus. Give him those weapons and he's back to his glory days. FAs will become available & adding 2 skill players shouldn't be difficult. But it won't happen if BB tries going cheap again with someone like a Demaryius Thomas. TE is first on the list and then a good X WR.

As for Stidham, I'll tell you what I've been told. The Pats are as excited about him as they were about JimmyG only Stidham is ahead of where JG was after 1 year. That's it in a nutshell. But Stidham isn't ready to take over the job yet just as JG wouldn't have been ready after his first year. Simple as that.

Ask Aaron Rodgers.

He said he didn't need to sit for 3 full years before starting. He said he was ready after one year of practicing and going to meetings and would have played better than Favre those two extra years he was on the bench but the team felt an old washed up QB was automatically better than a young QB just because the young QB had never started an nfl game. He also said every great QB in the nfl never started a game until he did.

Okay, i never asked him, but I pretty certain he wouldn't say he feels fortunate to had been sitting on the bench those extra years.

Sign him.

Build it around him. Mason big haircut. Add monster C. Upgrade at T

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

All Brady needs to get clicking with the offense is a legit speed X WR, a TE who can catch and block and David Andrews back on the OL. Anything else added would be a bonus. Give him those weapons and he's back to his glory days. FAs will become available & adding 2 skill players shouldn't be difficult. But it won't happen if BB tries going cheap again with someone like a Demaryius Thomas. TE is first on the list and then a good X WR.

As for Stidham, I'll tell you what I've been told. The Pats are as excited about him as they were about JimmyG only Stidham is ahead of where JG was after 1 year. That's it in a nutshell. But Stidham isn't ready to take over the job yet just as JG wouldn't have been ready after his first year. Simple as that.

I’m not banking on Andrews.

Stidham needs to brew longer.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

He said he didn't need to sit for 3 full years before starting. He said he was ready after one year of practicing and going to meetings and would have played better than Favre those two extra years he was on the bench but the team felt an old washed up QB was automatically better than a young QB just because the young QB had never started an nfl game. He also said every great QB in the nfl never started a game until he did.

Okay, i never asked him, but I pretty certain he wouldn't say he feels fortunate to had been sitting on the bench those extra years.

Yet for every “stud” that starts immediately you can look at lower picks that sit and develop and are very capable pros.

It NEVER hurts.

Back