Random Thoughts

OK, screw this. We need something positive here. How about the NHL rocking the anthem thing and that the B's are currently winning 1-0. :)

So, I did something weird today. I bought a 5 pound bag of apples.

I mean apples are OK and all but I eat virtually nothing healthy for me. At least not on purpose. ROFL

So, I did something weird today. I bought a 5 pound bag of apples.

I mean apples are OK and all but I eat virtually nothing healthy for me. At least not on purpose. ROFL

Shocked to read this.

For such a smaht dude. You gotta fuel yourself properly.

Shocked to read this.

For such a smaht dude. You gotta fuel yourself properly.

Just had a wikkid conversation with a "Snuffy" friend Angela (snuffy is my BFF Jo's word for philosophical stuff that she just doesn't care about, I think it's cute) :). She's totally pushing an anti inflammatory diet that works amazing for her.

I passed it along to Melissa cause she has problems like this.

But honestly I have no food issues as long as my belly is full. I may regret it on my death bed but I just wanna eat what tastes good to me and live my best life while I'm here.

I think a great deal of a person's health is predicated on their genetics. I mean I've known health nutz that died at 50 (like my friend Peter Steele from the band Type O Negative)and fuckers that drank and ate hot dogs til they were a hundred.

I know I could be healthier and my doctor (god is she hawt) exhorts me to do better things for myself. But so far pushing 50 I am healthy as a horse after doing everything possible to destroy my body over the years(freaking dumbass me:) ).

Good genes? I dunno really. But the hero in my youth, Jim Morrison once said, "I don't know what's gonna happen but I'm gonna get my kicks before this whole shithouse goes up in flames.". Of course he died at 27. ROFL

I may just be a dumbass sometimes but I am totally enjoying my life at the moment. :spock: :banghead:

OK, that being said, I was totally questioning some life choices last night after whatever the hell happened.

Oh and on that note I spent a good part of the day talking to my doctor and a neurologist about what happened and we have all determined my idiot self was dehydrated. Missy(Melissa) called it last night and had me OD on water. Freaking chick should have been a dr.

I so wish we could post YouTube videos again.

Something came up in my FB memories today from a number of years ago and it reminded me of this song "Today" by Smashing Pumpkins.

"Today is the the greatest day I've ever known"

I mean not everything is beautiful all the time but dammit it's a mindset.

Be well my amazing friends.

https://youtu.be/xmUZ6nCFNoU

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

And dammit I'm a smoker, a joker and definitely a midnight toker. wuv

https://youtu.be/F5N7qNid79s

I agree JL, a lot is genetics. I've seen examples just like you've said of people who did fuvk all and lived to 90, and then there's that Jim Fixx runner guy who dropped dead at 50 ish. My personal reasons for working out and eating better are several. First, I actually FEEL better so that helps me enjoy life more. Eating junk food and not doing much physically had me lacking energy and feeling sickish . Second, I originally started working out and eating better just to drop weight. Once I did, I realized I had more energy and didn't have those days anymore when I felt logy and headachy. So those things were an unanticipated and wonderful benefit. Mainly cutting down GREATLY on processed foods, chips, frozen foods, etc. I am no eating guru, probably still 30-40%"bad", but it's enough that I can keep a certain weight range. Once I can get back to my studio, I think the few extra that have crept back on will go. I do something fitness wise pretty much every day, but it's about half what I did there. Also, I am lucky that I am a foodaholic. That means there are few foods I DON'T like in some form or fashion. So I love healthy foods too, and I am a fairly adventurous eater. That definitely makes things easier for me.

I'll gently comment on your comments re: "soon to be ex". Which I just ran across.

Even if you personally are the warmest, most disarming, person imaginable, one possible impediment on the road to Endorphinville might be the Young Potential wondering if your STBX could be nuts and/or violent and might blame YP for whatever went wrong in his life, which does happen.

In addition to letting YP know that you're entirely free to date/hang/whatever, you might find a subtle way to mention that STBX is NOT a steroid monster who now lives in the storage unit that houses his gun collection.

For instance, you could casually mention that STBX and his buddies get together every Tuesday night to drink Zima and play board games. Maybe some model rocketry club President references. Does he play the tuba? Nobody ever got murdered by a jealous tuba player. Far as I know.

Use this technique and.......voila!

Whatever happens-- have fun.

Love your uniquely Hawgie advice! ROFL wuv
You are right, that could definitely be an issue to navigate.
Unfortunately, that thing he was going to help me with is on hold for now. But, when I mentioned going for a walk around a lake in a park near me, he mentioned going together, so stay tuned!

Yeah, I hear ya HS. I just think everyone is different.

And my god rock this thing with your guy.

If anyone needs a smile, Diamond Dave's got one for ya.

That's life baby. :) wuv

https://youtu.be/nFPqiziZxwA

hqdefault.jpg

Not screwy at all to me.

I don't know if that's a good thing or not. lol.

Anyway, you're in my thoughts.
I would say prayers too but well you know why I shouldn't :)

OMG man. On the prayer thing. When I was young and stupid I used get pissed when someone said they were praying for me, I was like, "what the hell, I got this". But as I have gotten older I so totally see it as the act of kindness and love that it is.

Pray away, and for others that think on a different plain please send energy to the universe. My mom can use it.

God, I'm worried about her beautiful soul.

So my school just decided to go to a hybrid schedule. Group A has all with the last names A - L and Group B last names M - Z. A kids come in on Monday and Thursday and B kids learn remotely, while B kids come in on Tuesday and Friday while A kids learn remotely. Wednesday is for group projects and assessments (virtual).

School day runs from 7:30 - 12:12 for direct instruction. All kids out of the building by 12:30. Then teachers are available virtually from 12:30 - 2:30 for enrichment or extra help.

This isn't terrible but athletics are greatly affected. I coach Cross Country. We can't start practice until 5. I see this as a problem for the younger kids that don't drive. Also, every sport has to show up ready to go. No locker room availability. Our trainer is going to have to her thing outside.

Can't wait until we can get back to "normal."

So my school just decided to go to a hybrid schedule. Group A has all with the last names A - L and Group B last names M - Z. A kids come in on Monday and Thursday and B kids learn remotely, while B kids come in on Tuesday and Friday while A kids learn remotely. Wednesday is for group projects and assessments (virtual).

School day runs from 7:30 - 12:12 for direct instruction. All kids out of the building by 12:30. Then teachers are available virtually from 12:30 - 2:30 for enrichment or extra help.

This isn't terrible but athletics are greatly affected. I coach Cross Country. We can't start practice until 5. I see this as a problem for the younger kids that don't drive. Also, every sport has to show up ready to go. No locker room availability. Our trainer is going to have to her thing outside.

Can't wait until we can get back to "normal."

My sons schedule is reportedly Mon - all virtual. Tues/Thurs -A group Wed/Fri-B group. No idea of times like you listed.

For fvcks sake!

Figure football is no way.

Hockey announcement Monday. Rumor is modified 4 vs 4. No contact. Possible masks.

Un-fvckin-believable!

Mind you NH has been going full bore normal high school prep games. Full contact. Business as usual. I know many MA players and teams going up every weekend to take part.

This state SUCKS!!!!

My sons schedule is reportedly Mon - all virtual. Tues/Thurs -A group Wed/Fri-B group. No idea of times like you listed.

For fvcks sake!

Figure football is no way.

Hockey announcement Monday. Rumor is modified 4 vs 4. No contact. Possible masks.

Un-fvckin-believable!

Mind you NH has been going full bore normal high school prep games. Full contact. Business as usual. I know many MA players and teams going up every weekend to take part.

This state SUCKS!!!!

Yeah, just had my friend, Angela here in NH with her son from Colorado Springs for some hockey tournament.

This shit is just crazy.

My God, I am so loving this thing, whatever it is with my everything, my Melissa.

We talk like all day everyday recently about everything under the sun.

I think we do share a brain cell.

Everything from music to the purpose of life to philosophy to politics.

We just still get each other a decade later.

Don't know what's gonna go down but I am so loving this.

I am really happy for you.

I have felt that way once, for about 15 years, which includes a couple of years after the divorce when we kept bouncing back and forth on reconciling.

I've tried dating just a couple of times in the last few years, but can't seem to generate those types of feelings. One even told me she was falling in love with me and I had to tell her I just didn't feel the same way.

I am the type of person who can be completely content by myself. I do admit I miss that feeling, but I am not willing to settle simply to not be alone.

Again, though, I'm very happy for you. :toast:

Oh tehmack, I had no idea you were divorced! I HAVE been away awhile!
And I think I saw mikie refer to "his wife" somewhere recently and if so, I am happy for you mikie!
I'm with you,tehmack. I ADORE living on my own. I'm pretty sure(I never say never) I won't remarry or even live with someone again.

And I think I saw mikie refer to "his wife" somewhere recently and if so, I am happy for you mikie!
I'm with you,tehmack. I ADORE living on my own. I'm pretty sure(I never say never) I won't remarry or even live with someone again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4VScCteun8

A Vince Guaraldi tune and I love the Trio's version, But the Sandpipers nailed it as pure pop.

Maybe your new theme song.

Cheers

I never made an official announcement, but I did post some subtle hints. It isn't something I'm proud of because of how seriously I take "holy matrimony."

Of all the things I've been through, which I will not detail now, though I've mentioned much of them here in passing, the aftermath of divorce continues to be the most difficult thing I've ever had to endure.

Not just because of what I have gone through, but bearing the weight of what it has done, and continues to do, to my lovely four daughters.

I was wholly in love, then realized I was in love with a facsimile - a cheap version of the original, but just wasn't the same - to now having to deal with what I can only describe as an insane person who has changed so much that she has turned into someone she used to abhor and make fun of.

Some of that was poor leadership on my part, but I am glad I am not married to the woman who exists today.

I never made an official announcement, but I did post some subtle hints. It isn't something I'm proud of because of how seriously I take "holy matrimony."

Of all the things I've been through, which I will not detail now, though I've mentioned much of them here in passing, the aftermath of divorce continues to be the most difficult thing I've ever had to endure.

Not just because of what I have gone through, but bearing the weight of what it has done, and continues to do, to my lovely four daughters.

I was wholly in love, then realized I was in love with a facsimile - a cheap version of the original, but just wasn't the same - to now having to deal with what I can only describe as an insane person who has changed so much that she has turned into someone she used to abhor and make fun of.

Some of that was poor leadership on my part, but I am glad I am not married to the woman who exists today.

Wow, I am so sorry to read this.
With life experience, I have come to the conclusion that for me, a relationship is like an economic system: best if it is always a voluntary and mutually beneficial 2 way exchange. When I am in a "have to" to do something situation due to a committment even though I am not getting "in kind" from the other party, I just get too resentful.

Back