2606 remaining on our $420,000 mortgage

Omg. How awesome man.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Paid my house off about 20 years ago. Paid our rental off about 15 years ago. Retiring in 55 days. No bills except one credit card we use for everything. Pay it off full at the end of every month. Just surpassed one million in total savings. Not bad for a 20 year Navy 1st class and my wife growing up dirt poor in the Philippines. So proud of ourselves. Now it's time to relax and enjoy my 2 granddaughters 17 months and 5 months. Been so very blessed.

I have perfect credit.
woo woo.

1.7 million saved for us as it stands today (fake money really because who knows). but I am being told I can't live past 85 and the wifey is younger than me.

Realizing I need to sell home. Procrastinating putting all those ducks in a row.
it's just been too comfortable here.

Keeps me up at nights*on what our best move might be.

Congrats to BT and BS!

Currently refinancing to a 15 year at 2.375.

I'll be 71 and probably retired (at 70). Hopefully the wife is still with me so we can buy the RV and do some travelling.

Congrats Tim, AOT and bostonsports

I am looking forward to the day when we pay off our mortgage. We have more than enough in the bank to pay it off now but we are working on building up our retirement funds. We are about $47k away from it being paid off and at our current rate it should be a couple more years before that happens, then the wife can retire and do her thing. I'll probably work as long as I can (until i'm 68) then retire.

Congrats to you guys for getting it done!!

I remember how good it felt, when I paid off my mortgage and became debt free. Congrats!!!

:toast:

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Paid my house off about 20 years ago. Paid our rental off about 15 years ago. Retiring in 55 days. No bills except one credit card we use for everything. Pay it off full at the end of every month. Just surpassed one million in total savings. Not bad for a 20 year Navy 1st class and my wife growing up dirt poor in the Philippines. So proud of ourselves. Now it's time to relax and enjoy my 2 granddaughters 17 months and 5 months. Been so very blessed.

Congratulations!!! Retirement is great, when you saved up for it.

:)

Currently refinancing to a 15 year at 2.375.

I'll be 71 and probably retired (at 70). Hopefully the wife is still with me so we can buy the RV and do some travelling.

Congrats Tim, AOT and bostonsports

All circumstances are different. We started with a thirty, 6 years later we refinanced to fifteen and two years after that to ten. so all told, we did the thirty in 18 years. Might keep an eye on rates, and your money and look at the ten in a couple of years. If things fall right, you might save some more time and some more bucks. Who knows?

Congrats.

All circumstances are different. We started with a thirty, 6 years later we refinanced to fifteen and two years after that to ten. so all told, we did the thirty in 18 years. Might keep an eye on rates, and your money and look at the ten in a couple of years. If things fall right, you might save some more time and some more bucks. Who knows?

Congrats.

We did a 30 to a 15 to a 10. 7 years left.

I'm about 3 months away from being paid off too. It will be a happy day. I'm 63.

A lifetime of frugality pays off. We managed to put two kids through school and paid cash..scrimping and saving is the way. Drove cheap used cars and did ( still do) most car repairs, heat my house with a wood stove and scrounge free firewood as much as possible. did all my own home repairs until this year.... I finally had a pro remodel two bathrooms. My only luxury was my motorcycle.
We are considering where we want to retire to, and probably sell this big empty nest house sooner than later.

I'm about 3 months away from being paid off too. It will be a happy day. I'm 63.

A lifetime of frugality pays off. We managed to put two kids through school and paid cash..scrimping and saving is the way. Drove cheap used cars and did ( still do) most car repairs, heat my house with a wood stove and scrounge free firewood as much as possible. did all my own home repairs until this year.... I finally had a pro remodel two bathrooms. My only luxury was my motorcycle.
We are considering where we want to retire to, and probably sell this big empty nest house sooner than later.

Congrats.

I admire a good hard working blue collar story.

I am looking forward to the day when we pay off our mortgage. We have more than enough in the bank to pay it off now but we are working on building up our retirement funds. We are about $47k away from it being paid off and at our current rate it should be a couple more years before that happens, then the wife can retire and do her thing. I'll probably work as long as I can (until i'm 68) then retire.

Congrats to you guys for getting it done!!

I have some comments/potential advice for you, but have to ask some questions that are not limited to the following two:

Do you have a financial planner?

If "no," is it alright if I PM you?

To be clear, I am not soliciting.

Back