Week 2, 2020 - Patriots @Seattle

Roberto71

Reaction score
It was Pete Carroll's birthday yesterday, he's one year older than Bill. Never would have guessed that. The two oldest HCs in the league will square off each other on this game.

Always will be a game worth watching when these two teams and coaches square off. Such a difficult 2nd game, on the road against a very good team and a QB who was on fire in week one. At least the "12th man" won't be there.

For weeks I've had this game pegged as a loss.
Now I'm not so sure. BB's mom's death may have an effect on him but I think the team will rally to give Seattle all it can handle.

Odds: Seattle by 3.5 - 4.

If the game were at Gillette, it's a W for us.

For weeks I've had this game pegged as a loss.
Now I'm not so sure. BB's mom's death may have an effect on him but I think the team will rally to give Seattle all it can handle.

Odds: Seattle by 3.5 - 4.

If the game were at Gillette, it's a W for us.

No fans, so Seattle isn't much of a home field advantage.

Also, unless the spread changes, this ends a streak of 64 straight regular season games they're favored. Longest streak in the Super Bowl era.

Who’d Seattle play and how’d they fare against the run?

Seattle has a good defense but Atlanta did get a lot of joy in the passing game. Now, the Falcons have three very talented receivers; Jones obviously (9 catches 157 yards) but Calvin Ridley looks a real star to me (9 receptions, 130 yards and 2 TDs) and Russell Gage also had a good day, 9 receptions and 114 yards.

But passing isn't going to be the Patriots strong suit this season and they have Wagner who will be a force against the run.

Should be a good test for New system. Seattle probably going to play 8 man in box to stop the run. Only White , Edelman & Harry caught more then 1 pass.

First column is motion at the snap, second column is all pre-snap motion.
Motion at the snap is an edge for the offense. And not surprisingly, the top 12 teams here all won in Week 1. When splitting between run/pass in Week 1: Run plays: slightly worse with motion at snap Pass plays: better with motion at snap. Small sample size but I still think it's significant. McD uses motion a lot for good reason.

EiDB6q8WsAIb-0G

Mike Reiss@MikeReiss
News story: Bill Belichick wonders what media and fans might be missing with Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, who has never received a single MVP vote. "I don't really see anybody better than this player," he says.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...seattle-seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-underrated

Wilson, a seven-time Pro Bowler, has never received a vote for the NFL's Most Valuable Player award.
According to ESPN's Stats & Information, Wilson leads the NFL with 104 touchdown passes since 2017 (Tom Brady is next, at 87), and is the only quarterback with at least 30 passing touchdowns in each of the previous three seasons. In the Seahawks' season-opening win over the Falcons on Sunday, he was 31-of-35 for 322 yards, with four touchdowns and no interceptions.
"He can do everything. He's got obviously great leadership, playmaking skills. He plays very well in the most critical situations in the game. His decision-making, running, passing," Belichick said, citing Wilson's 4,022 career rushing yards and 30,056 passing yards.
"His passing numbers are extraordinary. You can put him up against anybody since he's been in the league -- literally anybody, in almost any category, His winning percentage is impressive. He's there for every game -- never missed a game. He's got a great ability to do the right thing at the right time. He has tremendous vision, and sees the field extremely well.
"I don't think there's a better deep-ball passer in the league, in terms of decision-making and accuracy. He attacks literally every inch of the field."
Sunday night will mark just the fourth time that the Patriots face Wilson, which includes Super Bowl XLIX, when Wilson was intercepted at the goal line by cornerback Malcolm Butler to save the Patriots' victory.
Wilson led the Seahawks to a 24-23 win over the Patriots on Oct. 14, 2012, in Seattle, which was his rookie season. He also helped Seattle to a 31-24 victory in New England on Nov. 13, 2016, a game Belichick referred to as one of the most competitive he's been a part of in his coaching tenure.
Belichick shared his respect for the Seahawks, saying Wilson was part of a "big three" that includes coach Pete Carroll and linebacker Bobby Wagner.
"Those three guys, you can't really find a game that they don't epitomize everything the Seahawks stand for and the success they've had," he said. "I think the team really runs through those three guys. Their consistency and mental toughness and passion for the game is real impressive."

Mike Reiss@MikeReiss
News story: Bill Belichick wonders what media and fans might be missing with Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, who has never received a single MVP vote. "I don't really see anybody better than this player," he says.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...seattle-seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-underrated

Wilson, a seven-time Pro Bowler, has never received a vote for the NFL's Most Valuable Player award.
According to ESPN's Stats & Information, Wilson leads the NFL with 104 touchdown passes since 2017 (Tom Brady is next, at 87), and is the only quarterback with at least 30 passing touchdowns in each of the previous three seasons. In the Seahawks' season-opening win over the Falcons on Sunday, he was 31-of-35 for 322 yards, with four touchdowns and no interceptions.
"He can do everything. He's got obviously great leadership, playmaking skills. He plays very well in the most critical situations in the game. His decision-making, running, passing," Belichick said, citing Wilson's 4,022 career rushing yards and 30,056 passing yards.
"His passing numbers are extraordinary. You can put him up against anybody since he's been in the league -- literally anybody, in almost any category, His winning percentage is impressive. He's there for every game -- never missed a game. He's got a great ability to do the right thing at the right time. He has tremendous vision, and sees the field extremely well.
"I don't think there's a better deep-ball passer in the league, in terms of decision-making and accuracy. He attacks literally every inch of the field."
Sunday night will mark just the fourth time that the Patriots face Wilson, which includes Super Bowl XLIX, when Wilson was intercepted at the goal line by cornerback Malcolm Butler to save the Patriots' victory.
Wilson led the Seahawks to a 24-23 win over the Patriots on Oct. 14, 2012, in Seattle, which was his rookie season. He also helped Seattle to a 31-24 victory in New England on Nov. 13, 2016, a game Belichick referred to as one of the most competitive he's been a part of in his coaching tenure.
Belichick shared his respect for the Seahawks, saying Wilson was part of a "big three" that includes coach Pete Carroll and linebacker Bobby Wagner.
"Those three guys, you can't really find a game that they don't epitomize everything the Seahawks stand for and the success they've had," he said. "I think the team really runs through those three guys. Their consistency and mental toughness and passion for the game is real impressive."

Drew Brees looked really good against Bucs last week but Saints don't play Seahawks in regular season. Saints have awesome weapons sorounding Brees and Cook made allot of great plays for a TE. Still too early to put any stamps on teams yet but after this coming week we should have a better vision. Chiefs looked like they're looking to repeat but they haven't really played anyone yet. :coffee:

Drew Brees looked really good against Bucs last week but Saints don't play Seahawks in regular season. Saints have awesome weapons sorounding Brees and Cook made allot of great plays for a TE. Still too early to put any stamps on teams yet but after this coming week we should have a better vision. Chiefs looked like they're looking to repeat but they haven't really played anyone yet. :coffee:

Brees was 18/30 for 160 yards. Not great, Bob!

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Who’d Seattle play and how’d they fare against the run?

Atlanta rushed 21 times for 72 yards and 1 TD on Seattle last week. Gurley had 14 attempts for 56 yards with a long of 15.

Thanks.

So not imposing D like years past.

However, if we don’t develop some outside passing threat and soon we’ll be dealing with 8-9 in the box and those rush lanes will evaporate.

All our DBs need to be on their game vs Seattle & 0 dpi calls against.

EiEboq4U0AAscDM

All our DBs need to be on their game vs Seattle & 0 dpi calls against.

I totally agree with your point, but that particular stat is a little too statty for me.

Some of these next gen stats seem ridiculous to me, but I appreciate your posting it.

Edelman has a simple message for fans as the team faces Seattle

EiI9sjkXsAAhH-r

Baseball games in Seattle this weekend have already been moved due to atrocious air quality. Pretty surprised our game hasn't been moved to another location.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I totally agree with your point, but that particular stat is a little too statty for me.

Some of these next gen stats seem ridiculous to me, but I appreciate your posting it.

Lol!!!

Thought the same thing. But I thought I’m 100% positive Bill gets this deep and further into the analytics but I’m not.

I do appreciate it too though.

Lol!!!

Thought the same thing. But I thought I’m 100% positive Bill gets this deep and further into the analytics but I’m not.

I do appreciate it too though.

Not really.

Bill Belichick has a well-established philosophy when it comes to winning championships. On Friday, New England's six-time Super Bowl championship coach confirmed that that philosophy has nothing to do with science. Belichick, during his weekly Friday press conference, was asked how big of a role analytics plays into the Patriots' day-to-day operations.

"Less than zero," Belichick said, via ProFootballTalk.com. "Analytics is not really my thing."

Belichick essentially said the same thing in 2016 when asked about analytics.

"You could take those advanced websites and metric them wherever you want," Belichick said less than three months before winning his fifth Super Bowl, an overtime win over Atlanta in Super Bowl LI. "I don't know. I have no idea. I've never looked at one. I don't even care to look at one. I don't care what they say ... All the metric pages and all of that, I mean I have no idea. You'd need to ask that to a smarter coach than me."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...weekly Friday,2016 when asked about analytics.

Back