Week 2, 2020 - Patriots @Seattle

The game was on too late here for me to stay up but I was actually surprised at the score when I woke up that we got so close and at Cam's numbers.

That was a seriously good team and BB showed he wasn't just blowing smoke when he praised Wilson last week. He's exceptional.

Not a good night for the DBs, Gilmore was beaten badly for the Metcalf TD, Jason MCourty gave up a TD and a blown coverage for Swain's TD.

But the good news is, Cam and the offense. Cam looks lethal, defenses are really struggling to contain him as they just do not know what he's going to do. And he's connecting with Jules and Harry nicely.

It's a loss, but there are positives to take out of this one.

And how good are the Patriots for the box office? They're always a huge draw and are involved in so many thrilling games.

That was a tough loss, but one hell of a game. Just ran out of time. They will get better, its only week 2. I also absolutely LOVE watching Cam Newton play for the Patriots!

Cam had lots of room on the outside with no defenders, why run it into a pile of defenders? Still pretty happy with his play thus far, once he gets the playbook down this team will be dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought the same thing. When the FB blocked down on that player the correct play should have been to bounce out. Going airborne 3 yards out was just not smart at all.

Cams time management was not up to TB level at all, and it bit us. He easily could’ve managed clock better and likely have another 2-3 plays. At the 1 that’d be the difference.

The loss is squarely on Dumpster fire Defense . Wilson had his way with secondary all game. That's susposed to be strength on Defense .

Great game. The Pats did far better in the Passing game than I thought was capable. Credit that to Cam and individual effort by the WRs, esp. JE11, who looked worn out the entire game. Harry is coming along...getting better every week. I hope he continues to rise.

Petey was ready for that triple option RPO stuff. No dice. Our OL wasn't as impressive this game. Fortunately, Cam proved to be pretty good at passing the ball. He played well enough to win but ran up against a guy who might have beaten anyone in the league last night.

We need 1 DT who is a penetrator and 1 DT who is a brick wall, maybe Beau Allen, IDK. Containing Wilson doesn't help when he shoots rockets into the atmosphere that come down into his receiver's open hands. Uncanny but if we meet again, that kind of luck can't happen again. I mean, not even against air would that happen. He's good but he's not that good. Wilson was on fire but he was aided by having too much time to throw. BB has to figure that out soon. He also has to figure out combinations of zone and man coverage better. Wilson picked apart our zones and ran too easily when in man. And while we're at it how about spying Wilson & any other mobile QB with someone other than MLB Ja'Whuan Bentley? Moar Duggar and Phillips shooting gaps, please.

Kicking game cost us points and field position last night. BB will get it right.

Overall great effort and they had a chance to pull off a huge upset in difficult circumstances. Cam played great...there's no meat to pull off his bones this am.

Preseason is definitely over now.

I'm just wondering when the TEs . Will get involved in passing game . So far Izzo the only one being used for 3 Rec on season .

It’s a tough position to ask rookies to make an impact. Plus Seattle is one of the best teams in the league at covering the position. I think one was injured going into the game. Jeez at least there were no bad injuries to key guys last night.

Wilson took full advantage of Phillips playing LB. I have no clue why Bentley was the only LB in those formations. He not known for his speed. Hopefully it was just a off game for The defense .

Ok so, anyone else a little puzzled as to why the Pats kept running kicks back when it didn't look like much was there? I don't think they ever got past the 25.I feel like getting it at the 25 yard line is a pretty big deterrant to most runbacks.

Ok so, anyone else a little puzzled as to why the Pats kept running kicks back when it didn't look like much was there? I don't think they ever got past the 25.I feel like getting it at the 25 yard line is a pretty big deterrant to most runbacks.

I was going to post about that last night, it was really strange.

STs coverage and return units played poorly imo. That's a big no-no for BB. Time to get that figured out.

I really didn't expect this game to be this close. I was surprised how they were able to go toe to toe with them then I figured when Seattle went up by 12 that that was the end. I couldn't believe it when Wilson tossed a deep pass on 3rd. and 1.

I'm not even mad about that final play. If it had been blocked better it probable would have worked. Onwenu let his guy get outside instead of blocking him down. It wouldn't have hurt to have Develin at FB either.

All in all, the ending stung but the rest of the game was pretty encouraging. The offense showed that they will be able to move the ball on pretty much anyone and this is only Newton's second game. If White would have been out there I think it would have made a big difference.

I can't even get down on the defense too much. That offense is really good.

I still can't believe that Nick Folk is the best we can do at kicker. :facepalm:

Everyone knew what final play was going to be. Seattle made a great defense play . I almost wished they would have saved that genius run fake to wide open FB for GW.

It seems to me that Cam runs to the right better than to the left. Probably had something to do with the blocking last night but that is what I saw. If you are going to go all Steelers (we do what we do) at least go to your strength.

I'm just wondering when the TEs . Will get involved in passing game . So far Izzo the only one being used for 3 Rec on season .

Yeah I wondered that a bit too. So much draft hype about the new kids and have they been involved at all yet?

I loved this game though and if this team trends like typical BB and Josh M teams do, they will get better and better as the year goes on. Cam was throwing lasers out there and is a blast to watch because of his ability to run at any time.

Let's see how this team looks in a few weeks after we get even more sophisticated with play calling.

Tough stretch of games to start the season, but in years past the complaint was we weren't tested enough early to build on. We lost last night, but passed a lot of those tests.

Evan Lazar@ezlazar
Ten things we learned from #Patriots-#Seahawks: - Cam hangs w/Russ in pass-heavy game script - What went wrong for Pats D - Edelman sets a new career-high - Examining coaching decisions, play-calling - Breaking down the final play.

READ: https://clnsmedia.com/lazar-ten-things-we-learned-from-patriots-35-30-loss-to-the-seahawks/

No receivers on that last play. Having Edelman out there might have kept Seattle from going all in on the run stop.
"If you're a Patriots fan, you can sleep well because you've gotta helluva QB still" -Rex Ryan

The ending sucked, but, actually surprised that they even had a chance to win it.

Cam's INT was bad.

Edelman had an awesome game, but, dropped a few potential yuge catches.

Folk is back to being garbage.

Michel is invisible.

Izzo shouldn't be the only TE out there.

Harry isn't even close to being what Metcalf already is. WTF did BB draft Harry over Metcalf? Wow...BB just can't pick the right WR.

Gilmore is overrated. He never matched up well at all vs Metcalf.

Bentley is really, really slow.

/random thoughts

Back