Welcome to the ALL NEW Patriots Planet!

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
First - you might be confused by the name on my profile. It was necessary for me to take over user #1 in the database. I am Undertaker #59, and it is now my honor and responsibility to host Patriots Planet.

Anyway, Welcome!

It was a long road to get here. But I am so happy the hard parts are done and that we can start rebuilding our community here. I am thankful for everyone's support through this, and everyone who stuck around despite the issues. It is my hope that between the new site and my direct involvement, we will lure some people back. There are a whole bunch of long time posters missing. I have ideas to take additional steps to kind of "reset" things here for new and returning users. The old place was dying a slow death and I hope with this move we can start rebuilding, making it a fun and active community for all.

If you are new, or a returning member, here is a brief history. We were hosted by the fine folks at Chiefsplanet. But the lack of direct control and support led to some issues. The membership unanimously voted to move to here - patriotsplanet.net. I own this domain and have for about 15 years. I am grateful that we had the start under Chiefsplanet and the board would never have been without everyone involved in the early days. So thank you.

I upgraded the board, though the software is still end of life. I will be looking at options for our future.

Moderation: Appears to be just me for now. Many mods have left, some more recently and some years ago. Others are retired. I will reevaluate moderation as we go forward and may ask for the community's help. When needed, we may need to appoint some new moderators. For now, I just ask for common sense. Don't get personal. That's really the biggie. Never get personal and everything goes a lot better. Also, since we still have a dedicated politics and religion forum, there is very little tolerance for political posts and opinion on the main forum. Especially in times as divided as these. Even in the politics forum, DON'T GET PERSONAL. I know it's hard when you pick a side and defend it at all costs and think anyone on the other side is delusional. But it won't be tolerated. I don't want to have to remove people from forums or be forced to close them.

What's next? Well, I am still looking for ways to improve our new digs, but things are running very well now. Registration is open again, and I keep an eye on it to keep the bots out. I will always be looking for ways to improve the community. And I am always open to ideas. If you ever have any issues, PMs and Email are always open. You can email me with the link at the bottom of the page "Contact Us". You guys are the best.

Thank you again to everyone.

I have edited this post from the original which was posted the minute we moved. I am hoping this thread can now serve as a re-introduction to Patriotsplanet for new and returning members.

Yr Evilness: just logging on for the first time and have a couple questions. (1) Where is UserCP? This was the place I would go to see if there had been any new posts on threads in which I was participating. Also where I could view any new rep and any new Nofications. (2) Are there still all the cool emoticons? (3) What have you done to my handsome avatar Rodney? (4) Is there a "preview post" ability. I often want to spell check or edit something I have written BEFORE I click Submit and not wait until after it has been posted using Edit.

That'll do er for now. And a million zillion thanks for taking on this giant task. Pact with the devil??

First - you might be confused by the name on my profile. It was necessary for me to take over user #1 in the database. I still have my old profile for UT and will probably return to that. Or use both. Not sure yet.

Anyway, Welcome!

It was a long road to get here, and I still have a ton to do.
But I am so happy the hard parts are done and that we can start rebuilding our community here. I am thankful for everyone's support through this, and everyone who stuck around despite the issues. It is my hope that between the new site and my direct involvement, we will lure some people back. There are a whole bunch of long time posters missing. I have ideas to take additional steps to kind of "reset" things here for new and returning users. The old place was dying a slow death and I hope with this move we can start rebuilding, making it a fun and active community for all.

Please report any issues you find. I want this place purring like a kitten before I change it much. There may be some performance degradation while I rebuild the search index.

this place looks pretty good but can you tell me where I can go here to get my hard parts done? :D

TYVMIA

Yr Evilness: just logging on for the first time and have a couple questions. (1) Where is UserCP? This was the place I would go to see if there had been any new posts on threads in which I was participating. Also where I could view any new rep and any new Nofications. (2) Are there still all the cool emoticons? (3) Is there a "preview post" ability. I often want to spell check or edit something I have written BEFORE I click Submit and not wait until after it has been posted using Edit.

That'll do er for now. And a million zillion thanks for taking on this giant task. Pact with the devil??

OK. Fergedd about Where is Rodney? When I went to edit my reply to remove that phrase, I didn't see a button to "Save" or re-post or anything like that. Please bear in mind that it's very early still here in the Firey West. Also, forgot to mention the Board overall looks sleeker and more sophisticated - so appropriate for all the sleek, sophisticated posters we have around here. (Plus, I found emoticons too):clap:

Yr Evilness: just logging on for the first time and have a couple questions. (1) Where is UserCP? This was the place I would go to see if there had been any new posts on threads in which I was participating. Also where I could view any new rep and any new Nofications. (2) Are there still all the cool emoticons? (3) What have you done to my handsome avatar Rodney? (4) Is there a "preview post" ability. I often want to spell check or edit something I have written BEFORE I click Submit and not wait until after it has been posted using Edit.

User CP - click your name at the very top next to the word Welcome. There is also a Quick Links pull down for thread stuff located right under the banner. Notifications are at the way top right. Smilies are all here. Preview post is available as long as you are in the full post reply, not the quick reply. I don't think I did anything to Rodney. I haven't found the rep yet.

I just tried to insert a gif using the Inset Image feature and got this "error: Remote file is too large"

I just tried to insert a gif using the Inset Image feature and got this "error: Remote file is too large"

Were you doing it as an image insertion? How big was it, do you know?

Guess this is the new home now, gonna be a little weird initially, but I'm sure we'll get used to it in time

First - you might be confused by the name on my profile. It was necessary for me to take over user #1 in the database. I still have my old profile for UT and will probably return to that. Or use both. Not sure yet.

Anyway, Welcome!

It was a long road to get here, and I still have a ton to do. But I am so happy the hard parts are done and that we can start rebuilding our community here. I am thankful for everyone's support through this, and everyone who stuck around despite the issues. It is my hope that between the new site and my direct involvement, we will lure some people back. There are a whole bunch of long time posters missing. I have ideas to take additional steps to kind of "reset" things here for new and returning users. The old place was dying a slow death and I hope with this move we can start rebuilding, making it a fun and active community for all.

Please report any issues you find. I want this place purring like a kitten before I change it much. There may be some performance degradation while I rebuild the search index.

Thank you again, to you. It's looking good.

No hurry on anything afaic. It'll take me plenty of time to become close to adapting to this, but adapt I will.

Mucho Cheers, :toast:

There it is.

To view your rep and the rest of your UserCP, click on Settings in the way top right.

OK. Fergedd about Where is Rodney? When I went to edit my reply to remove that phrase, I didn't see a button to "Save" or re-post or anything like that. Please bear in mind that it's very early still here in the Firey West. Also, forgot to mention the Board overall looks sleeker and more sophisticated - so appropriate for all the sleek, sophisticated posters we have around here. (Plus, I found emoticons too):clap:

When hit Edit, it should open a box to edit your text, and then save is at the lower left of that box.

So I'm on my mobile device right now, and in portrait alignment everything on the mobile layout is squashed over to the right, think it might be due to the board icon being a bit too big, got a screenshot here

http://imgur.com/a/9zw9jl0

z3kxVS4.jpeg

Last edited:
OK. I just tested the insert picture function with a 1024 pixel image and in the preview was the pic but it posted as an attachment.

Just a heads up.

Back