Happy Crappy movie month

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
It's October. Oh the Horror!

Doubtlessly a sub-trait of my Get Off MY Lawn mindset, but for the most part I hate, or am disinterested in, horror movies, particularly Halloween induced examples that appear on screen constantly all month.

But it's easily in my top three favorite mos., (Sept, June) so I plan to chase leaves and drink October festively, and Switch my culinary efforts to cool weather mode and its endless opportunity.

Enjoy all, welcome to our new home, all and

Cheers all, :toast:

Definitely one of my favorite times of the year. I love setting up the projector and screen up out on the deck and watch cheesy horror movies. Every Halloween we throw a party for our kids since they're too old to trick or treat and they just have a handful of friends over to watch a couple horror flics. Not sure how that will work out this year.

Captain J.T. Spaulding : What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Jamie : [shakes his head, crying] No...
Captain J.T. Spaulding : Why? Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we fuckin' funny? You best come up with an answer, cos I'm gonna come back here and check on you and your momma and if you ain't got a reason why you hate clowns, I'm gonna kill your whole fucking family.

Devil's Rejects baby. A Rob freaking Zombie film.

https://youtu.be/tUVzt4MAev0

Horror movies are a favorite of mine, especially those which lean more towards thrillers, although I do prefer to read horror/thriller books and stories. Just received 'The Complete Stories of Robert Bloch' Volumes 1&2, and can't wait to read them.

Posted this with full knowledge that horror is a favorite (or highly regarded) genre of many and I'm totally fine with that. I'm a bit of an outlier here. But iiwii. My daughter loves horror. Except clowns terrify her. Go figure.

So enjoy, folks.

Cheers

I'll definitely be watching some crappy horror movies on or near the end of the month.

Though this one looks good:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DYY0QJhlXjc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've been a fan of horror movies since I was a little kid and I'm always on the lookout for something that, first of all, scares me in some way and has at least some originality and style.

That said, everybody has their own classics to watch, but I'll mention a few more recent ones that I thought are worthy:

1. The Babadook -- A modern classic

2. The Descent -- Female BFF Spelunkers fight for survival

3. The Witch - A New England Folk Tale -- Set in rural Plymouth way back in the pilgrim days this film is well worth watching for the Olde English dialogue, the creepy plot and top-notch sound effects and music.

4. Errementari -- the Blacksmith and the Devil -- in Basque language with subtitles, but that doesn't detract much from the story. which involves a captured demon.

5. The Taking of Dorothy Logan -- I like a good, indy sleeper and this film is a clever take on possession, but with an Alzheimer's twist.

6. Session 9 -- David Caruso plays the foreman of an asbestos removal crew sent in to clean up an abandoned mental hospital. Set at the former Danvers State Hospital this film has a very creepy vibe.

I've been a fan of horror movies since I was a little kid and I'm always on the lookout for something that, first of all, scares me in some way and has at least some originality and style.

That said, everybody has their own classics to watch, but I'll mention a few more recent ones that I thought are worthy:

3. The Witch - A New England Folk Tale -- Set in rural Plymouth way back in the pilgrim days this film is well worth watching for the Olde English dialogue, the creepy plot and top-notch sound effects and music.

4. Errementari -- the Blacksmith and the Devil -- in Basque language with subtitles, but that doesn't detract much from the story. which involves a captured demon.

5. The Taking of Dorothy Logan -- I like a good, indy sleeper and this film is a clever take on possession, but with an Alzheimer's twist.

6. Session 9 -- David Caruso plays the foreman of an asbestos removal crew sent in to clean up an abandoned mental hospital. Set at the former Danvers State Hospital this film has a very creepy vibe.

That is a serious response to my anti-horrorism.

Sounds like a great list. May even watch one if it appears before me unannounced. ROFL

Seriously, thanks.

Cheers

That is a serious response to my anti-horrorism.

Sounds like a great list. May even watch one if it appears before me unannounced. ROFL

Seriously, thanks.

Cheers

For you, I'd recommend "The Witch -- a New England Folk Tale" which is currently running on Netflix.

It's probably a lot more historically accurate than all the old 60's witch/horror movies where I would typically be bored, but would patiently wait for Karen Black to show her boobs which she would (briefly)do in every movie she was in. I'm sure that the fact that I had to go through all that just to see any kind of nudity was character-building, but I couldn't prove it in Court.

For you, I'd recommend "The Witch -- a New England Folk Tale" which is currently running on Netflix.

It's probably a lot more historically accurate than all the old 60's witch/horror movies where I would typically be bored, but would patiently wait for Karen Black to show her boobs which she would (briefly)do in every movie she was in. I'm sure that the fact that I had to go through all that just to see any kind of nudity was character-building, but I couldn't prove it in Court.

Messed up thing is that the reason I know who Karen Black is because of of Rob Zombie's first film, House Of 1000 Corpses.

I'm not young but maybe I just didn't watch the right stuff growing up.

You and I have the same taste in movies, great list. Have you checked out Midsommer? His movies are amazing because he does not have to use jump scares in order to freak the hell out of you.

Messed up thing is that the reason I know who Karen Black is because of of Rob Zombie's first film, House Of 1000 Corpses.

I'm not young but maybe I just didn't watch the right stuff growing up.

'Trilogy of Terror' stars Ms Black in 3 different stories, with varying degrees of scariness. A classic.

I stumbled across this one one day when I was going through the channels. This movie creeped me out. I had to set it to record so I could watch it again from the beginning.

I stumbled across this one one day when I was going through the channels. This movie creeped me out. I had to set it to record so I could watch it again from the beginning.

OMG, so creepy I just a got little chill. Then again I'm sick so maybe it's that. ROFL But yeah, loved it.

Last edited:
Back