Week 4, 2020 - Patriots @Chiefs

EjRi85EXYAQl5gw

If the win the coin toss it may be a game to take the ball first.

I dunno. This defense was built to beat the Chiefs. There’s so much I don’t like about this team, and coaching staff, but it was built to beat the chiefs.

From the lowest of lows - coaching the week Mom passes - to the highest of highs: Jovi 2020 drops tomorrow.

Bill showed he can coach his ass off with a broken heart.

Can he with a pants tent 48hr thingie?

If the win the coin toss it may be a game to take the ball first.

I dunno. This defense was built to beat the Chiefs. There’s so much I don’t like about this team, and coaching staff, but it was built to beat the chiefs.

This team is and has been built to change week to week to change and attack the opponent.

Don't know team you've been watching for 20 years.

Ahead of their matchup on Sunday, the Kansas City Chiefs (3-0) are ready for the New England Patriots (2-1).
So much so, that Chiefs’ defensive-end Frank Clark is already comparing his group to ‘top dog’ teams of the past, like Brady’s Patriots and Jordan’s Bulls.
“You go down the history of sports, the Patriots, the Chicago Bulls, different teams in their own rights, when they were winning, you talk about how they used to win, and did people cheer for them? No, not necessarily,” Clark said after defeating the Ravens. “Everybody wants to see the top dog get knocked off.”
The Patriots will play the Chiefs in Kansas City for the first time since the 2018 AFC Championship game, in which the Patriots pulled off a thrilling 37-31 overtime win. This time, however, the Patriots are led by quarterback Cam Newton — and the question remains whether or not the Chiefs can find a weakness in the Patriots’ own-version of Superman.
Here’s what else the Chiefs are saying about the Patriots:
[h=2]On playing a competitive team, like the Patriots, that’s prepared to “give their best shot”:[/h] Head coach Andy Reid:There’s nobody better to answer that question than the Patriots. They’ve done it for so many years. Bill’s been phenomenal with it and we’ve had just one taste here of it. But, we understand that. We understand that you get people’s best shot. When you play the Patriots, you’re always going to get their best shot. That’s how we’re looking at it and we have looked at it throughout the weeks here.”
He added: “Well, some of the things are the same but they’re mixing it up and I think what you see is, they play the strength of the players. So that’s what they’re doing and it’s a tribute to them for coaching that way. That’s what I see. Listen, you’re following the greatest ever with a guy who is a great player too, so it’s a unique situation and they’re making it, just with different strengths. They’re doing a nice job with it.”
Quarterback Patrick Mahomes: “I mean, luckily for us, we’ve played them a good amount of times. That’s when you see all the different types of...
https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2020/10/01/patriots-chiefs-quotes

Patriots officially rule core special teamer Cody Davis (rib) out for Sunday.

DT Adam Butler (shoulder), WR Julian Edelman (knee), G Shaq Mason (calf), RB Sony Michel (quad) and LT Isaiah Wynn (calf) are all questionable.

Patriots officially rule core special teamer Cody Davis (rib) out for Sunday.

DT Adam Butler (shoulder), WR Julian Edelman (knee), G Shaq Mason (calf), RB Sony Michel (quad) and LT Isaiah Wynn (calf) are all questionable.

How is Michel hurt so much. Geez.

If Bill has a foolproof game plan to stop the Chiefs you WON'T see it this weekend.

Those are only to be opened in January & February

I agree we all know this. Still I believe it will definitely be a competitive game. Excited to have White back. I picture him thriving heavily with Newton. Damien Harris back and extremely excited for that unknown...unknown to everyone that isn't Patriot's football addicted. I might need to get into a 12 step program for that...

The Patriots have always over-reported injuries, a player could stub his toe and it'd show up on the injury report.

I've had a double hernia, tore my rotator cuff, blew out several discs in my back...and when I get an ingrown toenail, that almost hurts worse. :coffee:

BB may take a shot at our secondary this week

CB#1 Ward is playing with a cast on his broken hand
CB#2 Breeland is suspended and won't be back until week 5
CB#3 Sneed is a rookie and came in playing like a #1 with int's in game 1 and 2 and broke his collar bone week 3 and is out

We're playing with backup CB's now

If the Patriots don't control the clock and keep your offense off the field, then the secondary will be tested. Their tackling sure will be anyway with the rpo to the rbs.

But kc will score. If the Pats fall too far behind, I don't think this team have as much chance at come from behind as they used to.

Sent from my US Robotics Courier Dual Standard using Tapatalk

BB may take a shot at our secondary this week

CB#1 Ward is playing with a cast on his broken hand
CB#2 Breeland is suspended and won't be back until week 5
CB#3 Sneed is a rookie and came in playing like a #1 with int's in game 1 and 2 and broke his collar bone week 3 and is out

We're playing with backup CB's now

You could be onto something. Last year, Spagnuolo doubled Edelman and White, taking them away from Brady. If he does that this year using his go-to Cover 7 scheme, he's giving Cam 1 or 2 less run defenders to worry about with our running game. And if he stacks the box as he did against the Ravens, Cam should have far better success in RPOs than Lamar Jackson had since Cam is a better passer than Jackson and our OL is better than the Ravens' OL. On defense, BB won't blitz as much as the Ravens did since Mahomes ate up their blitzes scoring 3 TDs. This should be a top notch chess match.
I'm not expecting a win in your house but I'm feeling better about the game than I did 4-5 days ago.

Welp, this blows. So is it going to be Hoyer taking over?

Talk about taking the wind out of the sails.

Back