Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this got discussed at one point here ........

162 games is to damn long for a season, especially when the playoffs start going into November. It has been suggested by various people on tv to reduce the games to 152 and use the time for those games for the playoffs to shorten the time

What say you the masses, are you content with 162, is it to long for you guys and if so how would you suggest it be fixed.

How many games would you be okay with

Shorten the season and allow for game day transactions while playing more single admission doubleheaders. Get the games in but end the season earlier

I don't really watch/listen to baseball until mid-July, so I basically control the length of the season myself.

Get rid of some the worthless teams and cut the schedule down.

Baseball season should run from mid-June when the Stanley Cup Finals end until the end of July when NFL camp starts. Outside of that? WORTHLESS.

Just out of curiosity, what teams do you consider worthless?
Pretty much any expansion team within the last 20 years. Toronto can go, those fans gave up on MLB after the last strike

If you cut out 10 games, which do you think will happen; higher ticket prices to make up for lost revenue or the Players' Association will agree to lower priced contracts?:insane:

If you cut out 10 games, which do you think will happen; higher ticket prices to make up for lost revenue or the Players' Association will agree to lower priced contracts?:insane:

Neither, they'd probably add 4 more playoff spots :insane:

Pretty much any expansion team within the last 20 years. Toronto can go, those fans gave up on MLB after the last strike

Toronto- 2x WS champions

Expansion teams over the last 20 years

Florida Marlins- 2x WS champions

Arizona Diamondbacks- 2001 WS champions

Tampa Bay <strike>Devil</strike> Rays- 2008 AL pennant, defending AL East champion

Colorado Rockies- 2007 NL Champion

expansion teams over the last 20 years have accounted for a total of 5 pennants and 3 WS championships.

that's more than the following teams-

the Mets
the Dodgers
the Braves
the Pirates
the Tigers
the Orioles
the Giants
the Angels
the Twins
the Brewers

etc...

So long they don't get rid of the WC during the playoffs, I will forever be happy for that (2004)

Pittsburgh and Washington are two obvious choices.

the Nationals have a new ownership that is committed to winning and one of the best scouting and player development systems in the majors. Their pitching staff is loaded with young talent, and they have a well-stocked mL system. Over the next couple seasons they will improve dramatically.

Back