1st Game Post-Mortem: Who's Gone?

oldbagfan

No touchy
Reaction score
I just read through (most) of the posts from last night's game and lots of peeps have opinions about who flopped and risks getting the axe. AS for me, I have three candidates for the chopping block:

+ Eric Alexander - guy is useless

+ Pierre Woods - how has he stuck around so long?

+ Ben Watson - never blossomed and now it's too late

Good luck elsewhere, fellas!!

Your opinions?

Alexander is a decent special teams guy who isn't a regular defender type. Izzo couldn't play D either so there's a chance Alex sticks unless Vinny C/Ventrone etc surplants him as a teamer. I think Vinny replaced Izzo and Vetrone was already here so Alex has a chance.

Watson will be here for the duration. I think that Woods will be as well but BB does have a surprising cut every year.

Definetly gone IMO:

Tyson Devree
Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis (practice squad-maybe)
Billy Yates
Brian Hoyer (Practice squad)
Herana-Daze Jones
Jamar Love
Ron Ninkovich
Terrance Nunn (Practice squad)
Titus Adams
Shun White
Stephen Williams

Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind as the pre-season wears on.

Alexander is a decent special teams guy who isn't a regular defender type. Izzo couldn't play D either so there's a chance Alex sticks unless Vinny C/Ventrone etc surplants him as a teamer. I think Vinny replaced Izzo and Vetrone was already here so Alex has a chance.

Watson will be here for the duration. I think that Woods will be as well but BB does have a surprising cut every year.

Definetly gone IMO:

Tyson Devree
Billy Yates
Herana-Daze Jones
Jamar Love
Ron Ninkovich
Titus Adams
Shun White
Stephen Williams

This list looks about right. The fact that Hoyer will get to collect a check on this squad w/practice squad is nauseating. Hell, I'd take a sabbatical to QB the practice squad for a year. I can give a better look than Hoyer.

After one Qtr with the slo-mo button:

- Eric Alexander was excellent on Special Teams - which has been why he's stuck to this team.
- If I was Pierre Woods coach, I'd have one scorching growl for him for over-pursuing and losing backside contain on the reverse. He did succeed in getting his carcass back to his side of the field and pinning the runner against the sideline so his help could finish the play. I've seen a lot worse.
- Watson wasn't suited up, I saw nothing from Baker that I haven't seen from Watson...Baker may have an edge as a blocker, but Ben blows his doors off in a foot race and I've seen Baker in his old mouldy uni clang his pizza paddles off pigskin too. I won't be surprised if Watson is shopped for trade, but I'd say he and Baker are a 1a/1b pair at this point.

This list looks about right. The fact that Hoyer will get to collect a check on this squad w/practice squad is nauseating. Hell, I'd take a sabbatical to QB the practice squad for a year. I can give a better look than Hoyer.

You'd think BB would stay away from QB's wearing green!

Maybe they can flip Watson to a Szbarros to handle oven duty for a years worth of free pizza down at Gillette for Tuesday film review.

Definetly gone IMO:

Tyson Devree
Billy Yates
Herana-Daze Jones
Jamar Love
Ron Ninkovich
Titus Adams
Shun White
Stephen Williams

He is definitely caught in a numbers crunch, but I was pretty impressed with his play yesterday.

Just to go off the list AWTE made...

Tyson Devree - practice squad
Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis - practice squad ineligible, shadow roster at best
Billy Yates
Brian Hoyer - practice squad
Herana-Daze Jones
Jamar Love - practice squad
Ron Ninkovich - practice squad??? (he's not vested)
Terrance Nunn - practice squad
Titus Adams - I don't know if he's got any PSquad time left
Shun White - practice squad or reserve/military

He is definitely caught in a numbers crunch, but I was pretty impressed with his play yesterday.

I saw that in your post. I am going to get a better look at him later today. He was pretty active last night (at first I was saying to myself "who the hell is 45?") but then he just seemed good but not quite good enough if that makes sense. He appeared to have trouble with plays coming his way. It's tough to judge with the defensive alignments the Pats used last night. The front was unconventional in many ways. I'll post my thoughts after I get a better look at him.

I am sure I'm going to smack myself because this is dumb but where was/is Slater?
That completion over Alexander last night gave me Utecht (wasn't that who it was in the 2006 AFCC) nightmares albeit a different sideline.

After one Qtr with the slo-mo button:

- Eric Alexander was excellent on Special Teams - which has been why he's stuck to this team.
- If I was Pierre Woods coach, I'd have one scorching growl for him for over-pursuing and losing backside contain on the reverse. He did succeed in getting his carcass back to his side of the field and pinning the runner against the sideline so his help could finish the play. I've seen a lot worse.
- Watson wasn't suited up, I saw nothing from Baker that I haven't seen from Watson...Baker may have an edge as a blocker, but Ben blows his doors off in a foot race and I've seen Baker in his old mouldy uni clang his pizza paddles off pigskin too. I won't be surprised if Watson is shopped for trade, but I'd say he and Baker are a 1a/1b pair at this point.

Package Maroney and Watson together, you might get a 4th rounder from someone.

Where was the ILB we picked up from the Lions whose name eludes me at the moment? Released, hurt, or just so far from the field I should forget his name before I remember it?

Where was the ILB we picked up from the Lions whose name eludes me at the moment? Released, hurt, or just so far from the field I should forget his name before I remember it?

Lenon, but he didn't dress for last night.

I am sure I'm going to smack myself because this is dumb but where was/is Slater?
That completion over Alexander last night gave me Utecht (wasn't that who it was in the 2006 AFCC) nightmares albeit a different sideline.

Bryan Fletcher....and for the life of me I have no idea why the Colts let him leave.....

Slater was there on the teams doing his job.

That one throw to Booker was a beauty, Feeley has his moments.

I don't think anyone played themselves out of a job last night, but Edelman, Chung and Sea Bass made a solid push for a roster spot.

Back