20/21 Pats Season Predictions?

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that there's a new season almost here. This year has been insane (not in a good way either). I actually lost some of my NFL love with all of the various things going all around us.

TFB is gone. He was here forever for the super bowl winning years (currently).

I don't think that the Pats are going to do very good this year. No wr's. Rookie te's. A few players have said "I'll skip this year". On paper, the Pats don't look very good imo. 8-8 maybe? With BB, he can turn most teams into playoff contenders, but, the team looks a bit sparse for talent. I could be way off though.

I kinda wished that BB never signed Newton. He might end up being good, but, who knows? Is he still injury prone? Will he be more accurate "here"?

This year would have been a very good year to tank, but, the Jags are 100% in that mode, and they will most likely get Shaggy Lawrence.

What are your predictions?

So many holes and unknowns - WR, TE, LB, maybe RT - as of 9/3/20.

Regular season
10-6
2nd in the AFC East to the Bills
A bubble wildcard entry for the playoffs but come up just short.

(Unless BB and his staff do the jobs of their lives. In that case, 12-4, win a playoff game but lose to KC in the AFC Championship game for a berth against the Bucs in the SB.)

How can anyone doubt BB's ability to put together a winning season?

If Cam plays for a contract and they get any production from the rooks then 10 - 6 is certainly doable.

Losing Hightower, the FB they signed (name escapes me) and Brady will be hard to overcome plus cutting Sanu (I had high hopes) puts pressure on Harry, Gunnar, Jakobi and Byrd. Sony and Damien banged up. No real TE threat.

But I trust BB.

12-4 Hoodie always has this team prepared and in a year like this who would you rather have at GM/HC? 12-4.

Pre-Cam I guessed 7-9. Now with Cam I’ll go 10-6. Still a tough schedule. But hopefully we get that good power RPO game going strong and hit our stride by Christmas and in the playoffs?

Anything is possible.

"ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!" - Kevin Garnett

I'm excited.

21890a17ddfedafbbddd00132be579e0.jpg

I believe Pats will be real lucky to make 8-8 and actually that would be a big positive for this team with all the unforseen and uncontrollable obstacles . Pats have little to no money in their Cap space without modifying many current contracts whixh just isn't happening.

Now BB recently called out Cam as the new starting QB to take the pressure off the 7.5M BU QB price BB paid Cam for 1Y. If Cam gets injured I hope Jarrett Stidham (JS) comes in and does a really good job because he is still an unknown in the same way TFB was before Bledsoe's injury. If JS remains backup this whole year then his 4 year deal is up in 2022. He is migrating into another JimmyG but has to get a few games in the saddle to gain interest in him presuming he can do as well as JG ans Brissett.

A week from this Sunday and Pats will be back! Go Pats !! :coffee:

I believe Pats will be real lucky to make 8-8 and actually that would be a big positive for this team with all the unforseen and uncontrollable obstacles . Pats have little to no money in their Cap space without modifying many current contracts whixh just isn't happening.

Now BB recently called out Cam as the new starting QB to take the pressure off the 7.5M BU QB price BB paid Cam for 1Y. If Cam gets injured I hope Jarrett Stidham (JS) comes in and does a really good job because he is still an unknown in the same way TFB was before Bledsoe's injury. If JS remains backup this whole year then his 4 year deal is up in 2022. He is migrating into another JimmyG but has to get a few games in the saddle to gain interest in him presuming he can do as well as JG ans Brissett.

A week from this Sunday and Pats will be back! Go Pats !! :coffee:

So glad NFL-Knows Nothing is sharing his usually pessimistic viewpoint.
Having fun following the Bucs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So glad NFL-Knows Nothing is sharing his usually pessimistic viewpoint.
Having fun following the Bucs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He was asked on this post to predict the season, everyone got to, and you can agree or disagree, but no need to just attack him because you dont like his prediction. I mean hell Mikie picked 19-0. lol

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

I have them at 9-7, which honestly would be a godly coaching job. I just think there is too much inexperience and you have major cogs that have changed. I am not a believer that Cam is going to make them a contender because frankly he really has not played well in awhile. Any Qb on a new team is going to have some learning moments, I dont care how long you played, but I am not sure we have enough talent to override inexperience and big changes. Injuries will also be key and we cannot afford any, and frankly that is silly to think they wont happen. I think last year 12-4 was a big inflated due to schedule, and I really do not see how we got better on what was probably a better offense. The D will have to be legendary like 2000 kind of legendary for me to see anything higher than 10 wins. I will hang up and listen to the rip job coming hence forth.

This is a good read

In a well-organized and carefully thought out process, FIVETHIRTYEIGHT predicts 9-7. But they also say losing Brady isn't the Pats' issue for this year - it's losing half the defense's 2019 production from players who are not playing in 2020.

Newton Can Replace Brady, But Can The Pats Replace Half Of Their Defense?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...t-can-the-pats-replace-half-of-their-defense/

That is a nice read. Some good points. I highly doubt however that Cam plays as well as Brady even of late last season. The schedule is absolutely brutal. I don’t think Eddleman finishes the season. I’ll have to see this defense be effective against some good run games before I believe they can do it. In terms of shear talent I’d rank this offense as one of the bottom five in the league. The jags are looking pretty bad. The redskins too. Maybe the panthers, maybe the broncos are worse, but the New England Patriots are right in there with the worst in the league.

I don’t see any more than 6 wins this year.

This is a good read

In a well-organized and carefully thought out process, FIVETHIRTYEIGHT predicts 9-7. But they also say losing Brady isn't the Pats' issue for this year - it's losing half the defense's 2019 production from players who are not playing in 2020.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...t-can-the-pats-replace-half-of-their-defense/

For him saying Newton can replace Brady, the entire article was asking how can Cam replace Brady. lol Then he reverted to, Well Cam can replace a 43 year old Brady. Cam can replace Brady as a body, and he can do some things, but he does not have what Brady had in his chest, and that thing Brady had won us a lot of games we should not have won. You guys can play off what Brady was here, but of all QB's Cam has never had that thing. Brady did not miss a game in the last 12 years...not one...can came go 16 without missing? Can Cam go beyond his capibility for the team and will a win out? Can 10 guys look at him in the huddle and know that they will come back because he will do it? You took an average offense last year, replaced players with inexperience and replaced an all time leader with a guy who thought better of jumping on a fumble in a superbowl.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

This is a good read

I said 9-7 as well. Schedule and too much change. Pats fans and a lot of media are so used to penciling in 12 wins for the pats that I think some have not caught up with reality yet.

I think 9-7 is a good prediction and a realistic one and it would be a great result for BB imho.

This is really is a new side with a defense very different from last year, Brady gone, Scar gone and a totally different QB now in the huddle.

I think 9-7 is a good prediction and a realistic one and it would be a great result for BB imho.

This is really is a new side with a defense very different from last year, Brady gone, Scar gone and a totally different QB now in the huddle.

If Bill can win 9 games or more with all the changes and this schedule (provided) the schedule remains from last years results. It will be an amazing feat. The pats have always been about chemistry and communication and when that failed, it hurt the team. That might be a struggle this year. So not only is a 9-7 record realistic as you say, I think its expected. As much as we all want to win 12 or more games and compete for a superbowl every year forever, we had to know that at some point, things were going to take a step back.

If Bill can win 9 games or more with all the changes and this schedule (provided) the schedule remains from last years results. It will be an amazing feat. The pats have always been about chemistry and communication and when that failed, it hurt the team. That might be a struggle this year. So not only is a 9-7 record realistic as you say, I think its expected. As much as we all want to win 12 or more games and compete for a superbowl every year forever, we had to know that at some point, things were going to take a step back.

If Bill goes 10-6 I think he will be named coach of the year.

If Bill goes 10-6 I think he will be named coach of the year.

He probably should be at 9-7. lol. Coach of the year is silly, because basically the only ones that win are coaches that have a bad year and then have a good year. Look back at the coach of the years. I mean technically bill should win it every year, but the fact that the cowboys coach won it not too long ago is very telling and does not make me think much of it really. Everyone knows who the best coach is.

Patriots 11-5

the exact same guess I have had for the last 15 years or so.

Back