2012 Training Camp Thread

Ok. Thought he was penciled in as a started until Mankins returns. Camp too hard for him I guess. Now what?

He was getting his clock cleaned all camp, based on the reports. NE had busted out the eraser on that one a few practices ago.

Ducky and Wendell had already passed him by and it was only a matter of time before McDonald did as well. He was a goner whether he retired or not.

He was getting his clock cleaned all camp, based on the reports. NE had busted out the eraser on that one a few practices ago.

Ducky and Wendell had already passed him by and it was only a matter of time before McDonald did as well. He was a goner whether he retired or not.

Hmmm interesting....getting his clocked cleaned....:coffee:

Hmmm interesting....getting his clocked cleaned....:coffee:

Put it this way. In 1 on 1s Gallery earned the 0 wins award at camp which earned his ticket on the next bus out of Gillette. Finally time for a new avi?

Koppen should be next.

Put it this way. In 1 on 1s Gallery earned the 0 wins award at camp which earned his ticket on the next bus out of Gillette. Finally time for a new avi?

Koppen should be next.
I think it should be pointed out that TheMid's avi is ironic, he was the first to call out the Gallery signing as a scrap recycling project, and I'm pretty sure the avi was a direct response to many of us jumping on the Gallery bandwagon thinking Scar could get him back to his former glory or better. FWIW I wish I was right, I thought he could have been a beast opposite Mankins if he got his head on straight but sadly it looks like he was yet another talented headcase that couldn't get his ish together. :shrug:

I think it should be pointed out that TheMid's avi is ironic, he was the first to call out the Gallery signing as a scrap recycling project, and I'm pretty sure the avi was a direct response to many of us jumping on the Gallery bandwagon thinking Scar could get him back to his former glory or better. FWIW I wish I was right, I thought he could have been a beast opposite Mankins if he got his head on straight but sadly it looks like he was yet another talented headcase that couldn't get his ish together. :shrug:

No, he just doesn't have it physically any more.

As far as I can recall, he was never really a headcase, just not nearly as good as people expected.

I was never high on gallary, he was a bust from day one at tackle, he got moved to guard where he did ok...last year in seattle they gave him a 3 year deal which he only did one year of and has had injury issues the last 3 years...I know BB liked him, but yeah, I was not a fan of the signing.

I was never high on gallary, he was a bust from day one at tackle, he got moved to guard where he did ok...last year in seattle they gave him a 3 year deal which he only did one year of and has had injury issues the last 3 years...I know BB liked him, but yeah, I was not a fan of the signing.

Tremendous new avatar.

mallett.jpg

Posting some camp reports comments from ESPN:

DinoScapelli

Well, practice was fun. The price is certainly right, except for the $3.75 water....

Anyway, looks like Sami has given you all the details, but I will add a few observations of my own, in case anybody gives the slightest bit of crap.

• Very impressed with Hoyer; not so impressed by Mallett, who appears a bit sluggish and consistently threw high, especially on the move.
• From where I was sitting, the receivers looked pretty sharp, getting space and catching the ball well.
• Vereen and Brandon Bolden look very good, and quick both. All the RBs caught the ball well, too.
• Rookie TE Tyler Urban looked only so-so, but I was surprised at how good Alex Silvestro looked! Blocked well, and made some nice grabs in 11-on-11s. In case Shiancoe and Fells can't get well, keep an eye on Alex.
• Pass protection was a problem all day, which might end up being a good thing.
• Run Blocking looked very good to me, as RBs got to the second level more often than not.
• The O-line was in a near-constant state of flux, with the "starters" out there showing both good plays and bad.

• The DB rotation was so rapid that it was hard to watch any one guy for more than a play or two, but they generally seemed to be in the right places, but had terrible trouble covering Hernandez, Welker, and Edelman.
• Safety play should be entirely different from last year's ...hallelujah!
• You have to like the Pats LB corp; they made plays.
• Pass rush should be at least as effective as last year, as defenders were in the backfield all day.
• I really didn't see the run defense that Field saw, but it might be limitations of practice. Hard to tell from the bleachers.

Individual standouts for good reasons:
Edelman showed superior quickness and good hands; ran some deep routes effectively,
Britt Davis looked very good,
Ridley looked quick,
Vereen was very good,
Bolden quick and big with good hands - he's making the team,
Woodhead very sharp,
Silvestro caught my eye more than once,
Nando is unstoppable, but had an ugly drop,
Dustin Waldron, and Darrian Weems looked good at OL
Steve Gregory and Patrick Chung look solid
Tavon Wilson can play Safety from Day 1
Brandon Deaderick has grown
Marcus Harrison made plays
Chandler Jones is quite strong, and very tall,
Jermaine Cunningham was unblockable by the second-stringers
Justin Francis may be ahead of Scott and Bequette already, making play after play all day. He was probably the star of the day for me.

Individual standouts for bad reasons:
Mallett, sorry to say, looked ordinary,
Jesse Holley ain't making this team,
Kyle Hix got thrown around a few times,
Marquice Cole couldn't cover me,
Josh Barrett looked slow and stupid, couldn't even stretch at the beginning, just bent over with hands on hips,
Nate Ebner is not ready to play Safety any time soon,
Jeff Tarpinian looked out of place several times, got embarrassed in 1-on-1s,
Aaron Lavarias got abused regularly.

That's all I got without any notes.

Edelman got space over the middle the way Wes does, and caught the ball in coverage. In drills, he looked very fast, and made solid catches, including a beauty on a very deep post.
The one Sami mentioned that he couldn't get in the end zone was a full-out dive to get a wide pass from Brady. Really had no chance.

Samig

....and Bobby carpenter still deserves the nickname "Barbie"

few other things--- McCourty looked ok in wr db 1 on 1s. no passes unfortunately, just getting off the line. Dowling struggled vs Welker and Lloyd.

Kettani cant really catch, but today did a good job lead blocking or ridley, especially at the goal line.

A good amount of blitzes from the Lbs. Spikes shot the A gap and knocked down Koppen

Edelman also had a good day, but couldn't connect on a deep would be diving catch in the endzone.

BTW--- funniest moment (for the crowd, not so much BB)
During the 2 minute drill after Brady threw an incompletion a very loud "Oh f*ck me!" was heard. He finished off the drill with a "What the f*ck are we doing out here". Funny for the crowd, but i didnt like seeing them struggle.

They didn't throw the ball very much, but when they did, Brady was sharp as usual, (until the aforementioned 2 minute drill) Hernandez is freaking uncoverable, made a couple great catches, along with Gronk and Lloyd.

Nickle:
Nink Love Wilfork Jones (Left tackle side)
Hightower Mayo
McCourty Arrington(slot) Chung Gregory Dowling

The same people keep getting good day by day reports. And the same ppl continue to get bad reports. They are making this pretty easy for BB to pick those he wants to lead into battle.

Tomorrow, Scott Hanson from NFLN will be at Pats TC. They are still doing their all day coverage of TC from 10-7 (after NFL AM 6-10)on NFLN through tomorrow. Figures, I have plans.

Pats won't let them take pics, too bad!

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss
Rookies run in a straight line, get hosed by Wilfork, then have to recover a fumble. First-round pick Chandler Jones led the way.

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
Beyond rookie players, first-year coaches Joe Judge and Steve Belichick take a slide through the wetness. Earning their stripes.

The same people keep getting good day by day reports. And the same ppl continue to get bad reports. They are making this pretty easy for BB to pick those he wants to lead into battle.

Have you ever heard such up and down reports from one player than they are doing with Mallet? One day he is Dan Marino, another day he is slow and sluggish and throwing high....Cannot get a read on this guy cause its so off and on.

Have you ever heard such up and down reports from one player than they are doing with Mallet? One day he is Dan Marino, another day he is slow and sluggish and throwing high....Cannot get a read on this guy cause its so off and on.

I think that's as much a function of the writer as it is Mallett being way up or way down. Try to stick with what 1 or 2 writers have to say about him. Inconsistency is a hallmark of a young pup and he deserves some time to develop until he shows he isn't developing.

Back