2012 Training Camp Thread

Hoyer is meeting with reporters now. He says Thursday's game will be a big day for him. "Preseason is like the regular season to me."

Audition time.

Bedard's comments on today's fire hose practice.

Physically unable to perform: LG Logan Mankins (knee), RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder).
Not participating: CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), LB Tracy White (unknown), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (unknown), DT Jonathan Fanene (unknown), FB Spencer Larsen (unknown), OT Matt Kopa (leg), WR Deion Branch (no team drills), S Derrick Martin (no pads per CBA), DT Ron Brace (unknown), S James Ihedigbo (unknown), OT Darrion Weems (precautionary), OT Kyle Hix (right shoulder), WR Jeremy Ebert (no pads per CBA), LB Brandon Spikes (unknown), LB Dane Fletcher (no team drills).
Returned to practice: DT Kyle Love, after getting poked in the eye.
INJURIES
None today.
DRESS CODE
Full pads
HEADLINES

• There were three NFL officials on the field for the first time.
  • Patriots did their annual soaking of the rookies with a firehose. Included were new staff members Joe Judge and Steve Belichick, among others.
  • Brandon Spikes was missing from practice. As a result, Dont'a Hightower moved to the middle and was backed up by Mike Rivera, with Dane Fletcher not participating in team drills.
  • Ryan Wendell was back with the first team at center. Because of injuries at tackle, Nick McDonald had to play left tackle with the second team. Don't think he's ever done that before, even when he was with the Packers.
  • CB Ras-I Dowling is starting to stack success. Had a nice break on the ball to break up a pass. That followed an interception on Sunday.
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think that's as much a function of the writer as it is Mallett being way up or way down. Try to stick with what 1 or 2 writers have to say about him. Inconsistency is a hallmark of a young pup and he deserves some time to develop until he shows he isn't developing.

One thing I know with 100% certainty. Mallet is nowhere close to Hoyer in the smarts department.

Greg A. Bedard ‏<s>@</s>GregABedard Former MLB pitcher Tom House made a, um, house call working with Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer on fundamentals after practice

Patriots quarterbacks Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer spent considerable time after practice working on mechanics with former Major League Baseball pitcher and coach Tom House. Brady began training with House, who has also worked with several other NFL quarterbacks, including Drew Brees, Alex Smith and Carson Palmer, this offseason after his longtime guru Tom Martinez passed away.
Brady and the Patriots' passing offense have been a little off the past few practices. When Brady went through a similar lull during last year's camp, Martinez paid a visit and then Brady was stellar.
Brady and House seemed to be working on keeping the torso from getting too far out in front of his feet.
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Keep hearing about Ras-I making plays, but have not heard anything about McCourty.

Keep hearing about Ras-I making plays, but have not heard anything about McCourty.

No worries.

What is funny is that Ras-I's pick on Sunday was actually pass interference, so I'm not sure it deserves being in the plus column.

Maybe I shouldn't say "no worries", just that any concern you have about Devin should be directed towards the secondary in general. NE has shown no interest whatsoever in taking McCourty out, which means he is doing something right that fans can't see or don't understand.

Is Hoyer capable of producing the way

Matt Cassel did when Brady got hurt?

I don't think he will be, so hopefully TB doesn't get injured again

Listen, Shakespeare, I'm guessing it might be a tough challenge for you, but I think you should suck it up and string two actual sentences together in your next post.

It's not nearly as hard as it seems. All you have to do is come up with two seperate thoughts and put a period between them. That's a little tiny dot that looks like this: .

Thanks in advance.

Listen, Shakespeare, I'm guessing it might be a tough challenge for you, but I think you should suck it up and string two actual sentences together in your next post.

It's not nearly as hard as it seems. All you have to do is come up with two seperate thoughts and put a period between them. That's a little tiny dot that looks like this: .

Thanks in advance.

Post. Of. The. Year.

Did I string those thoughts together ok. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers, BostonTim

Is Hoyer capable of producing the way

Matt Cassel did when Brady got hurt?

Posts merged, posts in other threads deleted. User assclowned.

I'm a little worried about Alfonzo Dennard not being out there yet. Has anyone that's been there noticed if he seems closer to getting on the field? It's starting to look like he may be our redshirt guy this year.

Thanks in advance.

Nice come back Grandma Hoyer. wuv

Back