2014 Suicide Pool

bmooney54

Reaction score
Continuing Den-In-NH's tradition, here it is. The 2014 Suicide Pool is officially open.

To recap the idea - each week each contestant is to pick one team which they believe will win. If that team does indeed win they advance to the next week. If that team loses or ties they are eliminated from the competition. A non-pick for any given week is considered a losing pick - so don't forget to get your pick in each week!

Here is the caveat - once you have picked a team, you cannot reuse it at any later point. Each week you must pick a team which you have not picked previously. This requires some strategic forethought and a thorough consideration of the entire schedule to ensure you can go the distance.

Each pick is to be formally and publicly announced in this thread prior to kickoff of the first game of each week here in this thread. I will be keeping track of the picks, making sure no one repeats a pick etc. Those who move on and those who are out will be posted each week. The last man or woman standing is the winner.

Good luck and Go Pats!

Rules:
1. Pick one team that you "guarantee" will win that week.
2. You can only pick a team once during the season.
3. Your pick for the week is due in this thread by kickoff of the first game.
4. Post your pick in this thread.
5. Last one standing wins.

Previous winners:
2008 TG
2009 FreeTedWilliams
2010 Oswlek
2011 CKA
2012 Jonathan
2013 MightyMitts

Good luck and go Pats!

Chicago. Go Bears! (In this game at least!)

Well it is almost a guarantee that I will miss a week, but I'll give it a shot anyway...

The first quarter of the year is rough since things are still shaking out, I really don't think Chicago will be that good, but the Bills are going to be bad...

Week 1
Chicago Bears.

SSDD

Oh, okay.

DA Bears.

Is mikie running the regular wagering thread again this year?

I'll take a team from the NFC North too, but not the Bears.

I'll go with the Lions in week 1.

Back