2018 Fantasy Football Discussion

Without knowing your scoring system, that looks like a mighty good draft to me. My only gripe would be Eric Ebron, but in the 15th round, you can't beat that. Matthews the same story...but I think Matthews has more of a chance to break out and really become a at least a rock solid receiver 3, if not 2. He may not...I can't get a good read on Tennesse. I like them on paper a lot...but I'm not sure if they will live up to their potential..new coaches, new players...who knows.

We have some of the same players....I don't have my draft handy at the moment, but I have Dion Lewis, Larry Fitzgerald, and Rex Burkhead, too. Got them all at a good price, and I think all will exceed their ADP, except maybe Fitzgerald...he's just a reliable and consistent receiver. I got him in what is essentially the last pick in the 3rd round.

I think Dion Lewis and Burkhead will prove to very productive players that exceed their draft positions. Very nice.

Gronk and DJ are given, of course....great players, high price tags.

Stefon Diggs....he'll be awesome, but 2 weeks ago, he was being drafted in like round 6 or 7 on average...he shot up recently to where it is a solid pick, but not a value pick. He'll probably produce right about where you drafted him.

Royce Freeman. I had him targeted, but he, like Diggs, rocketed up the draft boards after game 2 of pre-season. You got him in the 5th round...he went 3rd round in my league. Booker was just named the starter on the team, but nobody knows how the touches will be split, and I expect Freeman will be the starter by the second half of the season...but don't rely on him the first couple of weeks. We all have to see where he stands in playing time.
In the meantime, don't discount any trade offers you get for him. Don't dump him at all....he'll have value...but he's starting at #2, and a lot of owners may still be hot and heavy for him...so you may be able to updgrade...depends on the league.

Chris Thompson. I have a feeling that will end up being the steal of the draft for you. Phenomenal pick at round 10. Awesome.

Just my 2 cent analysis.

All in all, I'd call that an outstanding draft.

I'm really excited to see what Burkhead does this season. My only concern is if he can stay healthy. I'm in a league with a few solid GMs and the rest can have some real WTF moments. For example, one of them took Sony Michel in the 6th round.

With it being a 12 team league, the player pool starts to get pretty diluted towards the end. That's where the Desean Jackson and Rishard Matthews picks came from. I was just taking hopefully the best of what was left.

I hope you're right about Chris Thompson. I was pretty excited when he was still available. I definitely could have done a lot worse with my 4th rb.

I had my eyes on Cameron Brate as my backup TE but one of my friends snagged him right before I could get him. Hopeully I'll only need Ebron for one game. By then a better option may show up on the waiver wire.

Sony was taken in the 4th round in my league...but we have 2 keepers, so it is effectively round 6.

WAAAY overpaid. Sony will be a total bust for anyone paying that, I suspect. He's a rookie, he missed the whole pre-season, he has a history of fumble-itis, and he's playing for Bill Belichick.

I got Burkhead with the last pick in the 5th, so effectively the 7th round. I think he will finish in the top 30 RB's on the year if he is healthy. I mean...Hogan isn't going to replace Edelman's slot receiving. I think that's Burkhead.

Well, goodbye Ebron. One of the guys in my league just dropped Mark Ingram so I snagged him up and Ebron was the odd man out. I'll take that trade even if I have to stash Ingram for four weeks.

Well, goodbye Ebron. One of the guys in my league just dropped Mark Ingram so I snagged him up and Ebron was the odd man out. I'll take that trade even if I have to stash Ingram for four weeks.

Dropping Ingram was a short sighted move. Good pick up on your part.

So I have several players who were banged up before the season began, including Aaron Rodgers, Julian Edelman, and Alshon Jeffery. I think I want to name my team "The Warriors" and use the pic of Roethlisberger when he had those giant pads on and was walking around wrapped up like the stay puft marshmallow man or the michelin man. I can't seem to find it though, in part because I don't know what the best verbiage is to use to search for it. Does anyone happen to have it handy?

Who do y'all like more, Dorrset or Patterson this year? I'm thinking about going with Patterson in some daily against the Texans, but both are available in my season long league. Brady has to throw to someone other than Gronk and Hogan right?

Who do y'all like more, Dorrset or Patterson this year? I'm thinking about going with Patterson in some daily against the Texans, but both are available in my season long league. Brady has to throw to someone other than Gronk and Hogan right?

I feel like Dorsett will probaby be the more consistent player, but Patterson will have a handful of games where he blows up. Dorsett will get more targets and have more receptions, but Patterson will score more TDs.

I am playing in my first redraft league in about 5 years this year. Im in a few Dynasty leagues. I got talked into a $20 league at work. 10 teams 14 roster spots with a kicker and defense. 0.5 PPR. 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 Flex 1 K 1 DST

Even when i played redraft, i never played in a league so shallow. 12 offensive players per team. I also hadnt done a fast draft in a long time. So i was worried i would get flustered and flub the draft.

I drew the dreaded #1 draft spot. Did a couple of mock drafts. Hated my team every time.

The real draft happened Monday. I have to say im pretty happy with how my team turned out. I only made one panic pick, Robert Woods in the 13th. Other than that i let the draft come to me, took the value that fell, and stayed true to my drafting philosophy: Take guys who dominate touches at their position on their teams.

Relevant info:

We get 1 pt per 15 return yards.

The commish had defensive scoring all wonky, and people started drafting them in the 6th round. I knew about the scoring going into the draft, and was waiting to see where other owners started taking them. This put me at the end of the run on them, and i felt compelled to take one at the 8/9 turn. Afterwards, the commish changed the scoring to a more traditional team def scoring. I dont like things being changed like that, but in the end it helped me, so i didnt complain.

Immediately after the draft i dropped Woods and picked up Tyler Lockett, who i wanted to draft anyway.

(1) Todd Gurley II (LAR - RB)
(20) Michael Thomas (NO - WR)
(21) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
(40) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
(41) Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)
(60) LeSean McCoy (Buf - RB)
(61) Allen Robinson II (Chi - WR)
(80) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
(81) Philip Rivers (LAC - QB)
(100) O.J. Howard (TB - TE)
(101) Marshawn Lynch (Oak - RB)
(120) Tarik Cohen (Chi - RB)
(121) Robert Woods (LAR - WR)
(140) Daniel Carlson (Min - K)

I feel like my top 3 WR will all dominate targets for their respective teams, and Arob may not dominate, but should lead his team as well. Gurley, McCoy and Lynch will all dominate their backfields, and Mixon should be a decent combo RB. Rivers and Howard will be servicable, and if not there are options on the WW. Cohen and Lockett are elite returners,, who will contribute on offense as well. With them as my RB5 and WR5 as flex or BYE week guys, im pretty solid. Baltimore is always a decent play as a DST, and again if not, i'll stream some off the WW. Carlson was the last pick of the draft and all the name kickers were gone so i'll swing for the fences with the rookie who kicked a 57 yarder in preseason.

I won my Week 1 matchup but made a couple errors with my lineup. I didn't expect Chris Thompson to go off (21.8 points) like he did in his first game back. I could have started him in place of Royce Freeman who only got me 7.1 points. I also had Desean Jackson on the bench with 29.18 points. At the end of the day, I guess a win is a win.

I won my Week 1 matchup but made a couple errors with my lineup. I didn't expect Chris Thompson to go off (21.8 points) like he did in his first game back. I could have started him in place of Royce Freeman who only got me 7.1 points. I also had Desean Jackson on the bench with 29.18 points. At the end of the day, I guess a win is a win.

Freeman was a huge disappointment yesterday. I was expecting something big from him. His counterpart, Lindsay was running hard. Maybe they just wanted to keep feeding him.

Jackson, in my league was drafted in the 15th rnd. Maybe the best pick of the season?

Freeman was a huge disappointment yesterday. I was expecting something big from him. His counterpart, Lindsay was running hard. Maybe they just wanted to keep feeding him.

Jackson, in my league was drafted in the 15th rnd. Maybe the best pick of the season?

My father in law is in our league and is a huge Broncos fan. I'm pretty sure I can send Freeman to him if I really wanted to. I took Jackson in the 12th round of our 12 team league. He left the game with a concussion. Hopefully he can make it back soon.

Don't let 1 week affect your decision making, especially not week 1, which tends to be flukey, and particularly so this year.

Be happy that you have a team with good depth....but don't let week 1 make your week 2 lineup decisions.

Okay, time for me to vent a little bit. I've been the commissioner of our league since it started probably 10 plus years ago. I'm 42 years old and a good chunk of the GMs are right around my age. There are a few that are in their 60s. It seems like more and more I feel like more of a babysitter than a commissioner. Just one week into the season and I have had four of the GMs contact me because they can't log into their accounts. How effing hard is it to keep track of this? Hell, I had one contact me just this morning. They were trying to log into CBS. We have used NFL for the past five years and have NEVER used CBS. It was always Yahoo before that. I'm pretty much stuck if I want to play fantasy football because nobody else would ever put the time into running this league. FML!! ROFL

Okay, time for me to vent a little bit. I've been the commissioner of our league since it started probably 10 plus years ago. I'm 42 years old and a good chunk of the GMs are right around my age. There are a few that are in their 60s. It seems like more and more I feel like more of a babysitter than a commissioner. Just one week into the season and I have had four of the GMs contact me because they can't log into their accounts. How effing hard is it to keep track of this? Hell, I had one contact me just this morning. They were trying to log into CBS. We have used NFL for the past five years and have NEVER used CBS. It was always Yahoo before that. I'm pretty much stuck if I want to play fantasy football because nobody else would ever put the time into running this league. FML!! ROFL

I resigned as commissioner of my league after 13 years for the same reason.

I have also had a similar "Kindergarten Cop" feeling as guild leader in video games...which eventually I jsut kicked everyone out except myself and my wife. And I wasn't doing it in a rage...I was did it out of mental exhaustion and exhasperation. I'm not a babysitter or a counsellor.

I'm guessing they are in other leagues using CBS.

Generally, my advice would be to get everyone's user name and password, and then make a rule that they have to put $20 into the prize pool if they need that information from you. Payment up front, of course.

I’ve been commissioner of our league for the last 5 years and you’re right, it can be like daycare. After week one, two of our owners who played each other, got into a real pissing contest, with cusses, insults & even threats going back and forth lol. It’s friggin week one!

On a side note, I love some of the team names that folks come up with for their teams. I actually sell hair care products so my team name is Shampoo Superman. Another guy in our league named his team Cam’s Fasion Designer. Any funny, interesting team names out there?

On a side note, I love some of the team names that folks come up with for their teams. I actually sell hair care products so my team name is Shampoo Superman. Another guy in our league named his team Cam’s Fasion Designer. Any funny, interesting team names out there?

My current team name is Blue Steel from Zoolander. Last year I had a second league and my team name there was Yo Soy Fiesta. Another year I drafted Drew Brees in the first round and I named the team Breesus Christ Superstar.

Back