2020 Election Aftermath: Non-Attack Version

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Not everyone. Only those who go against the wishes of their sovereign.
I am worried something really bad is going to happen here on the 20th....like someone is going to be shot. I hope I am wrong, but I think there are some major plans going into place. That
capital building thing was not on accident, it was planned. They were prepared. It wasn't oh I just happen to have some pipe bombs and gas masks with zip ties lying around on my trip to Washington.

BY1401

Unapologetically Moderate
Reaction score
A week ago, I would have brushed those concerns aside. Now, I don't know what to think.

foobahl

Reaction score
I am worried something really bad is going to happen here on the 20th....like someone is going to be shot. I hope I am wrong, but I think there are some major plans going into place. That
capital building thing was not on accident, it was planned. They were prepared. It wasn't oh I just happen to have some pipe bombs and gas masks with zip ties lying around on my trip to Washington.
My guess is that the pipe bombs and(WTF) zip tie guys had preplanned along with others. I also guess that 90+% of the people that were there, were there to peacefully protest what they thought was wrong, whether you agree with them or not. How can anyone say the phrase mostly peaceful protests and then turn this into some mass military movement against the country is beyond me. Scoring political points is now a life or death game now, I guess. I said when that teacher was yelling from her car, that she had the right to do so and should be receiving no professional demerit for something she did on her own time that is not illegal. Most here agreed with that. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, just being at a protest should cost you your job, your freedom and probably your internet connection. People (no one in particular) should pay attention to what they are doing, because the pendulum swings both ways.

BY1401

Reaction score
Would you agree, foobahl, that those who stayed outside were protesters and those who stormed the Capitol were insurrectionists?

Beaglebay

Houndsight is 20/20
Reaction score
Website
www.tanjantstudios.com
My guess is that the pipe bombs and(WTF) zip tie guys had preplanned along with others. I also guess that 90+% of the people that were there, were there to peacefully protest what they thought was wrong, whether you agree with them or not. How can anyone say the phrase mostly peaceful protests and then turn this into some mass military movement against the country is beyond me. Scoring political points is now a life or death game now, I guess. I said when that teacher was yelling from her car, that she had the right to do so and should be receiving no professional demerit for something she did on her own time that is not illegal. Most here agreed with that. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, just being at a protest should cost you your job, your freedom and probably your internet connection. People (no one in particular) should pay attention to what they are doing, because the pendulum swings both ways.
I have never, nor will I ever, willingly subject myself to be among massive numbers of people whose tempers and frustrations are percolating to the point of release through violent means. I am responsible only for my own actions, and I would never give up my autonomy to a loosely connected group of angry, weaponized strangers, whose intent is unknown to me.

foobahl

Reaction score
I have never really looked at the footage but I would be leary about calling the people that stayed inside the guest ropes insurrectionists. I would think that there is surveillance throughout the capital that you can see who is a unwanted "visitor" or what would normally be called a trespasser, and who wanted confrontation.

patsload

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Yes there was definitely a group that pre planned.

D’Antuono confirmed the FBI’s Norfolk office reported a “thread on a message board” mentioning plans for a violent attack last Wednesday linked to the president’s call for a reversal of the election results. The information was shared will all local law enforcement, including the Capitol Police, he said.

Beaglebay

Houndsight is 20/20
Reaction score
Website
www.tanjantstudios.com
I have never really looked at the footage but I would be leary about calling the people that stayed inside the guest ropes insurrectionists. I would think that there is surveillance throughout the capital that you can see who is a unwanted "visitor" or what would normally be called a trespasser, and who wanted confrontation.
Anyone who breached the line of Capitol Security (no matter how flimsy it was), clearly had something more nefarious in mind than visiting the Capitol as though on a field trip.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Anyone who breached the line of Capitol Security (no matter how flimsy it was), clearly had something more nefarious in mind than visiting the Capitol as though on a field trip.
This. Maybe more people need to watch the video that I have seen. How about the people pulling the cop out of the capital building and beating him with the American flag. It seems that didnt make its rounds on here. So people outside were as bad near the building. Saying it was only a few people is a joke. It wasnt. it was a lot.

BY1401

Reaction score
Fair enough. I have a hard time accepting that they didn't know that they weren't supposed to be going where they were. If I'm in a crowd that turns angry and starts breaking into a restricted area, I'm not going to follow out of curiosity. And even for those that were just walking around inside with no intent to harm anyone, they were actively participating in an action meant to disrupt the proceedings of Congress. That has to be beyond peaceful protesting.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Fair enough. I have a hard time accepting that they didn't know that they weren't supposed to be going where they were. If I'm in a crowd that turns angry and starts breaking into a restricted area, I'm not going to follow out of curiosity. And even for those that were just walking around inside with no intent to harm anyone, they were actively participating in an action meant to disrupt the proceedings of Congress. That has to be beyond peaceful protesting.
Bad part it was not just inside. Here is the video of them pulling a police officer out of the capital building and beating him with poles waving the American flag.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEGthdTzedk

foobahl

Reaction score
I would agree if I hadn't watched some of the footage of the crowds at the Kavanaugh hearings. I am not saying they were violent, but they were intimidating senators.

foobahl

Reaction score

Beaglebay

Houndsight is 20/20
Reaction score
Website
www.tanjantstudios.com

This video proves that at least some of those who didn't enter the Capitol were not there merely to observe.

foobahl

Reaction score
I saw a video when they were frist going through the barricades. Just before the first couple of guys start, there is an older man in a baseball cap talking to them, looked like he was giving them the go ahead. Later on I saw a video from the left side when Ashli got killed. I could have sworn I saw him there giving instruction also. I would like to know who he is, and think he was a main player from the two videos I saw.