2020 - Playoff Thread

It's a bit early, but we can track movements up and down the likely fixtures week by week.

If the season ended now, this is what we'd get with the new 7 teams per conference format. Only 1st seed gets the bye. Some intriguing matchups, in the AFC I think our Buffalo pals would be a bit nervous going up against the Browns. Which is some statement to make.

Annotation 2020-12-01 162622.jpg

Rooting for a team to win a game is different than hoping they win the SB. I'll be fine no matter who wins the SB but unless I have bet laid down, other than the Chiefs or Ravens, I really don't care.
I do NOT want the Chiefs or Ravens to win. So I guess you could say I'm rooting against certain teams far more than I'm rooting for any team.
Ditto

I'm not really rooting for anyone. I wouldn't hate it if the Browns win it or Bills won, but I'm not actively rooting rooting for them. I am however rooting against the Chiefs to not win it all. I'm not rooting for or against Brady.

This is an interesting quote. I do think Brady has superseded the Patriots franchise as the greatest player in NFL history and I can identify with this quote because he showcases such excellence every time he steps on the field and that is intoxicating just as a fan to watch. I have always been laundry first since I first started watching the Patriots in the early 80s. I figured that would never change but when Brady left and started playing again, I found myself rooting for him as hard as I have for the Pats. It is actually difficult to separate the two for me because he won so much for us. I will always root for the Pats to win every week but as long as Brady is playing, I will also root for him just as much. He has provided too much joy and inspiration over 20 years to just turn it off.

Based on your posts, if it came down to Patriots vs Brady on the SB, you’d clearly pick Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lamar Jackson said he has "zero experience" playing in the snow and he hopes he doesn't have to Saturday night.
Buffalo forecast: Occasional snow showers. Low 32F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snowfall around one inch. Higher wind gusts possible.
Light snow shouldn't affect him.

Lamar is interesting in that he plays well in cold weather (brutally cold could be different) but has difficulty with precipitation whether it's rain or snow.
Who can forget the Nov. 15 game vs our Pats in rainy conditions, a 23-17 Pats win?

So who do y’all think wins? Saints, or Bucs? Does Brady get this defense finally figured out?

Ill say this, I’ve liked the Bucs for a very long time, and evans has been one of my favorite players since he entered the league. He’s underrated in my opinion, and a true warrior with playing injured effectively, and what he’s done the past 7 seasons or however many it is. So happy to see him get some postseason success. If Tom had to leave I wanted him in Tampa. Two of my best football watching buddies are huge bucs fans, and they’d always root for the pats for me, and I’d return the favor.
It’s incredible how happy Bucs fans are about Brady. They are not taking this for granted in the least. It’s really easy for me to root for them, especially with the Patriots out of the playoffs.

The Saints had the Bucs well beat in the two previous games. They seem well equipped to handle Tampa. The playoffs of course are a different beast but that Saints defense is very good and will look to harry Tom again. If Kamara is let loose, he will damage Tampa.

I think the Saints take this one again, but no fans in the Superdome is significant, but they should be able to take it and Brees and Payton have the experience to navigate this tough hurdle.

If Tampa and LA won, Tampa would be at home and in theory could have two home games including the SB. That's big.

The Bucs get White back, which is huge for them.

The skins WRs were running wide open against then the whole game. I think to some extent it was due to the game plan and the Bucs really focusing on shutting down the run. Still if their defense doesn’t improve it’s going to be hard for Tom and company to put up over 30.

I didn’t think the saints looked great against the bears, especially on offense. Thomas hasn’t had much time on the field with Brees recently.

Both games against the Saints were total duds. Brady looks much better this time around. We'll see if Playoff Tom is able to change that. Saints looked unimpressive against the Bears and Bucs looked solid offensively, but defensively they let an XFL QB give them fits. I think Saints sweep the Bucs, but it all depends on how the Saints defense deal with Brady and company one more time.

Sure I'll root for Brady. He gave us so much joy for so many years.

Of course, if it was Tom vs. Pats I'd root for the Pats, but they're not in the playoffs.

I don't want the Chiefs or Ravens to win, either. Would've added the Steelers but they got bounced big-time. :biggrin-new:

I don't think the Ravens are even worthy of worry that they'd win the Super Bowl, but I don't want to come off like I'm some kind of Chase Claypool. :coffee:

The Saints were unimpressive... yet they held the Bears to 9 points, 6 of which came at the very end of the game.

It’ll be a fascinating game. The Saints curbstomped Brady the last two meetings; I think he’ll fare better, but I don’t know if the Bucs defense will be able to stop the Saints enough.
It’ll be a close one.

The Saints were unimpressive... yet they held the Bears to 9 points, 6 of which came at the very end of the game.

It’ll be a fascinating game. The Saints curbstomped Brady the last two meetings; I think he’ll fare better, but I don’t know if the Bucs defense will be able to stop the Saints enough.
It’ll be a close one.

This just feels like whoever has the ball with 45 seconds left wins.

Back