2020 - Playoff Thread

It's a bit early, but we can track movements up and down the likely fixtures week by week.

If the season ended now, this is what we'd get with the new 7 teams per conference format. Only 1st seed gets the bye. Some intriguing matchups, in the AFC I think our Buffalo pals would be a bit nervous going up against the Browns. Which is some statement to make.

Annotation 2020-12-01 162622.jpg

Man alive....the Browns blew it, no other way of looking at it. Mahomes out, Henne flings an INT with a lot of time left and they allowed the Chiefs to control the rest of the game.

Which begs the question -- why can't anybody stop Josh Allen from doing the thing where he escapes pressure by rolling to his right and firing it on the run?

The kid is very athletic for his size and to me that play is his bread and butter. I don't know if I just notice
it when it happens as a form of confirmation bias or it's really his go-to thing. Maybe a spy from his right on 3rd and long with the aim of preventing him from getting free outside. He's
also pretty good going to his left, but not as comfortable.

I don't know if others notice the same thing, but I invite people to watch for it next week. There has to be a way to take that play away from him.

Even if that is doable I don't really know how you stop that kid now that he's got a clue. I think the wind affected everybody last night, but he can see over the top and drive the ball to
any part of the field from almost any situation. Excellent improviser. He is pretty smart about how and when to run. Plus, he really wants it and he is strong as a bull. Buffalo has done a
fine job developing him. I certainly had my doubts, but he's good now and should get a lot better.
That is totally his go-to play. Everyone knows it and they can't stop it, or haven't yet

Back