2020 - Playoff Thread

It's a bit early, but we can track movements up and down the likely fixtures week by week.

If the season ended now, this is what we'd get with the new 7 teams per conference format. Only 1st seed gets the bye. Some intriguing matchups, in the AFC I think our Buffalo pals would be a bit nervous going up against the Browns. Which is some statement to make.

Annotation 2020-12-01 162622.jpg

The Bucs match up well with the GB offense. We also know how great Brady is in cold weather games. This is the worst match up for GB by far given the Bucs smashed them in the regular season and their defense just caught fire again.
The Saints would have been saying the same before the game yesterday.....

I don't think there's any pressure on Brady now. He got the Bucs to the NFCCG, in his first year with all the covid disruptions etc. The pressure is really on the defense. Can they stop Rodgers who is on fire at the moment. If the Tampa D can do that, restrict him and Adams, then they have a shot to win. Tom has achieved huge things in this first season, he's brought Tampa further than many thought.

so, wasn't it weird how the commentators never talked about how brees' arm must be shot? wintston having to come in and throw that long pass(and they said it happened a few weeks before) seems to suggest it is. perhaps it is due to his latest injury also, but they didn't say.

so, wasn't it weird how the commentators never talked about how brees' arm must be shot? wintston having to come in and throw that long pass(and they said it happened a few weeks before) seems to suggest it is. perhaps it is due to his latest injury also, but they didn't say.
Greg Bishop, in a MMQB article, said both Brees and Brady looked their ages, they both struggled.

Brees and Brady took turns jogging onto the field and looked nothing like immortals—they actually looked … old. They didn’t quite resemble the image Brady posted on social media this week, the one that showed him with a bushy, gray beard, standing next to a balding Brees, like two grandfathers rather than two superstars. The two had combined for 585 regular-season starts, after all, an NFL first for playoff counterparts.

Their experience meant less than expected Sunday. Brady’s first play (handoff), first pass (complete, short left) and first drive (punt) all served as harbingers to the bumpy evening ahead. A few times they looked like the quarterbacks we’ve watched for 20 years: Brees, licking his fingers, chopping his steps, throwing with uncanny precision; Brady, smooth, in complete control, mastery on display. Mostly, though, they struggled. Brees passed for only 134 yards, as the Bucs took Michael Thomas away with more man coverage than expected, all but double-daring Brees to throw deep. Instead, Tampa picked him off three times and tight end Jared Cook fumbled away another drive. “Four turnovers,” running back Alvin Kamara said in summation. “It sucks.”

He's been rubbing his right shoulder regularly for many weeks. It's quite noticeable as is his career low ANY/A this year.
I felt bad for Brees after the game...that emotional turnaround in the tunnel for 1 last look at his house after a great career.
He'll have nightmares for years of those 4 turnovers that led to 21 points for the Bucs. There's no "next game" to help put it behind him.

Brady, like he did so many years here, took advantage of the mistakes made by the Saints. Lesson well learned. Thanks, BB.

Last edited:
Heard about the Bills Mafia donating to Lamar Jackson's favorite charity after he went down. Very high class man.
People in Buffalo donate so much money, you'd think everyone was rich there!

I remember when I was young, reading or hearing something about how people in the region were highly ranked for volunteering. I guess that's all part of the City of Good Neighbors nickname

The Chiefs are 2.5 pt favorites vs the Bills who have won 8 in a row and 7 of 8 games against the spread. The Chiefs are 1 & 8 against the spread in their last 9 games.

GB is a 3.5 favorite against the Bucs.

Last edited:
Seattle, LA Rams, Arizona (Screw that Hail Mary) and San Fran don't play in the AFCE
oh i wasn't demeaning your team at all. that's just one thing a multitude of morons always used to say about the pats every year. like you play 3 afce teams in the playoffs to win the sb. 🙄
if you guys continue to be successful, you'll hear that.

Do you EVER criticize Brady? Jesus Christ.

How many long drives did Brady lead resulting in TDs?

If ANY other QB had a 55% completion % for 199 yards, you’d roast them. His TD drives were thanks to his defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back