2020 - Playoff Thread

It's a bit early, but we can track movements up and down the likely fixtures week by week.

If the season ended now, this is what we'd get with the new 7 teams per conference format. Only 1st seed gets the bye. Some intriguing matchups, in the AFC I think our Buffalo pals would be a bit nervous going up against the Browns. Which is some statement to make.

Annotation 2020-12-01 162622.jpg

Btw, doesn’t BB preach about not reaching the ball out? I thought I read that once.
yep

in fairness, stefanski said the same thing postgame when asked.

Happy to see Tom win, though would've been happy to see Brees and Saints move on, too.

Rooting for Tom and the Bucs against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers next week! Love to see Packers sent packing! ;)

I live in the midwest and work with all packers fans and trust me its not fun. I'm looking forward to a Tampa and the bills moving on. As much as it will hurt to see brady have a shot at #7 in another uniform I just cant root for Rodgers!!

I really didn't think Brady would get this far. I know according to our resident :insane: that means I hate Brady, that Brady did nothing for the Pats, and that I want Brady to lose but that never was true. I just wanted to move on and I still think it was the right move to make. Brady has made an attitudinal resurrection and made the most of the talents of his new team and good for him. I would be very happy and pleased should Brady and the Bucs beat the Mahommes and Chiefs in the superbowl. I'm kind of conflicted about the Bucs vs the Bills, though. I'm really rooting for the Bills to go all the way. Guess I can put off that issue until after this weekend.

Greg Bishop, in a MMQB article, said both Brees and Brady looked their ages, they both struggled.
That is such a lazy take. Both defenses played an excellent game. The Saints played the 2 satieties deep and then manned up on the outside. Brady had nowhere to go with the ball on most plays which is why the run game became so important. The Saints were daring Tampa to run and they did which helped them win the game along with Brady converting 50 percent of third and fourth down plays to keep drives alive all game.

The Bucs stacked the line tight knowing Brees can't throw well past 10 yards and played man all night and roughed up the Saints pass catchers every time they touched the ball. I have to give Bowles credit. He did not do the soft zone and really challenged the Saints O to make plays and they failed with Brees tossing 3 picks and Devin White controlling the game all over the field. It was a great display of defensive football and the strategy of the game from two all time great QBs and two very savvy DCs. That was real football not some sandlot college style that has overtaken the NFL.

Also for 2 old guys they were barely sacked and never hurt unlike Mahomes and Lamar who left their games concussed.

Rodgers looks the in-form QB out of the lot of them with Allen not far behind and Tom's experience and mental toughness is keeping the Bucs in the dance as well. You'd worry about Mahomes, he hasn't been stellar this season and the injury could hamper him.

Rodgers though is making it look easy and he has Adams and Lazard, two very good weapons. If Tampa can contain Rodgers, even restrict GB to below 28 points, I would think they have a shot. As I said, I don't think there is massive pressure on Tom, he has done superbly well this season in getting the Bucs to a CG. The rest of the team now has to stand up and do its job, especially in taking on Rodgers.

It definitely seems like it's Rodger's Super Bowl to lose at this point. While Brady didn't light it up or look amazing, he made the plays he had to make. The run game and defense (and Brees) did the rest. If Bucs D looks like they looked against the Saints then they are scary. If the can replicate what they did in Lambeu that will be really impressive.

As far as the AFC, I just hope Bills beat the Chiefs although is it better for Bills to lose in AFCC or Super Bowl? Seems like it's quite a heartbreak for Bills fans to be so close again, but not enough. That said, if they run the table that will be awesome. Chiefs didn't exactly look great against the Browns, but they did enough to win. It seems limping their way onto a win has been their MO this year, especially the latter games. They seem like they can be had.

Gotta pay dues first. It's hard getting this far. The Browns were not embarrassed and had a chance.
They should have won. The HC pissed away his timeouts on stupid calls and the defensive coordinator was clueless. The WR should have got a TD instead of getting a touchback for the other team. HC should have went for two instead of the extra pick. Oh well.

That's an interesting point that spacecrime made me think of. A part of me has been rootng against Brady. Not from lack of appreciation, but from sour taste from last year. Anyway, water under the bridge.

So this week I will be rooting for the Packers and the Bills.

But should the Superbowl be Chefs and Bucs, I will probably then root for the Bucs.

That's an interesting point that spacecrime made me think of. A part of me has been rootng against Brady. Not from lack of appreciation, but from sour taste from last year. Anyway, water under the bridge.

So this week I will be rooting for the Packers and the Bills.

But should the Superbowl be Chefs and Bucs, I will probably then root for the Bucs.

I'm not rooting against him, but due to what happened last year I can't in good conscience root for him, either. I did feel really disappointed seeing how bad Brees looked, though.

Yeah, feel sorry for Brees. He's been a fantastic guy for the Saints and indeed, the entire city. He'll remain a folk hero there for a long time. Nice post game meeting between Tom and Drew, they've both done a hell of a lot in this league and have had great careers.

Tom will go against another good pal of his next week. The two California kids.

Do you EVER criticize Brady? Jesus Christ.

How many long drives did Brady lead resulting in TDs?

If ANY other QB had a 55% completion % for 199 yards, you’d roast them. His TD drives were thanks to his defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Josh Allen went 23 of 37 for 206 yards, 1 TD, 0 Ints, Passer Rating 86.1. He had two fewer TDs and a passer rating roughly 10 points lower, and was also carried by a defense that limited the opponent to 3 points. The play of the game was that 101 yard pick six, rather than anything Josh Allen did. He was playing against the 8th highest rated defense rather than the 2nd. I challenge you to find anyone criticizing his play, if folks would indeed roast him for such a performance, please demonstrate that folks are in fact doing so. I don't see anyone doing so and do not personally believe such a performance is worthy of roasting, but it's your assertion so by all means prove it's based on something more than wishful thinking and double standards.

Back