2020 Presidential Debates

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
@ JL
Yep.
The favorite trap question is "don't you think healthcare is a right all should have?
a] no, health INSURANCE is NOT a right
b] physicians don't generally turn people away for emergency care
c)your HEALTH CARE is in most ways (barring inherited diseases/conditions over which you have no control)entirely up to you and your CHOICES.
There is already medicaid for the jobless/underemployed/otherwise poor
d)tort reform...or shut up about ANYTHING ELSE
E)allow people to choose experimental drugs without govt(fda etc)intervention. maybe companies would make it worth their while. sure there is risk. but it is a CHOICE, which people do not have now.

johnlocke

Reaction score

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if he did or did not wear a wire, but these twitter and Facebook sources are certainly not proof of it. It could be a wire or it could be a crease in his shirt. Seems dubious to state it as fact at this point.

Joolz

Reaction score
I don't know if he did or did not wear a wire, but these twitter and Facebook sources are certainly not proof of it. It could be a wire or it could be a crease in his shirt. Seems dubious to state it as fact at this point.

Thanks, UT.

Google it, folks. Crease in shirt. Oh, wait. Fake news.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
I recorded it because I had to work late. I watched half of it before I got tired of watching them bicker (and it was past my bedtime :) ).

Biden did better than I expected and Trump still can't figure out he to act presidential, which it's a yuge turnoff.

Biden didn't propose anything specific; it was mostly "orange man did bad; I will do better."

Trump did a poor job of defending/explaining his accomplishments.

If I have time, I'll watch the second half tonight.

Overall? Meh.

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
I hoped that Trump mopped the floor with Biden last night and he could have done just that if he realized that APPEARING more "Presidential" would go a long way towards winning, in particular, female voters who simply don't like him, yet have trouble telling you exactly why beyond "I dunno.....he just seems like a dick".

I know more than a few of those and last night Donald simply came off as petulant and argumentative from jump. All I could think of in the first half hour (all I could stand to watch) was two 12-year olds going "I know you are, but what am I?" Shame on both of them. Both seemed afraid to play by the rules as if by doing so would grant their opponent space to get some momentum going when a lot of people wanted to see some sort of decorum.

I felt bad bailing out on such a critical debate, but based on the reviews today it appears like it never got any better. I knew another 90 minutes of that and I wouldn't be able to get to sleep.

Still voting for Trump, but disappointed in his performance. I consider it a lost opportunity and I'm getting pessimistic about his chances.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Trump ego will be his downfall . If he wants get more voters on his side. Show some Self control stop always attacking & interrupting . He was much better then Biden. On civil unrest & law & order question.

oldbagfan

No touchy
Reaction score
That entire atrocity was a national embarrassment. I can hear more informative "debates" in any tavern at closing time. I can't believe many people will voluntarily tune in for more of the same. And I agree that nobody's mind was changed. Anyone supporting Trump will think he gave an energetic and powerful presentation and Biden had to resort to electronic shocks to stay awake. Anyone supporting Biden will think Trump has completely slipped his leash and revealed himself as the blustering, manic bully he is. :yawn:

"You're stupid." "No, you are."

:facepalm:

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
The white supremacy question to Trump was total bullshit.

Wallace asked the same question 4 years ago.

Sigh.

What the fuck is a matter with the media.