2020 Presidential Debates

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
No clue what that this. I haven't seen it and the site shows secure.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
What is weird is that on my chrome browser, this thread alone shows not secure. All the other threads are fine.

I get that too and when I click on info, it is because of an image in the thread that is externally linked. Don't know if its an inline link, a sig, or something else. But its only because of an externally linked image.

johnlocke

Reaction score

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
I hoped that Trump mopped the floor with Biden last night and he could have done just that if he realized that APPEARING more "Presidential" would go a long way towards winning, in particular, female voters who simply don't like him, yet have trouble telling you exactly why beyond "I dunno.....he just seems like a dick".

I know more than a few of those and last night Donald simply came off as petulant and argumentative from jump. All I could think of in the first half hour (all I could stand to watch) was two 12-year olds going "I know you are, but what am I?" Shame on both of them. Both seemed afraid to play by the rules as if by doing so would grant their opponent space to get some momentum going when a lot of people wanted to see some sort of decorum.

I felt bad bailing out on such a critical debate, but based on the reviews today it appears like it never got any better. I knew another 90 minutes of that and I wouldn't be able to get to sleep.

Still voting for Trump, but disappointed in his performance. I consider it a lost opportunity and I'm getting pessimistic about his chances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA5UqUyFmT0

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Chris Wallace certainly didn’t cover himself in glory Tuesday nt.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/0...premacists-and-militias-didnt-cause-violence/

Dear Chris Wallace: We Were In Kenosha, And No, White Supremacists And Militias Didn’t Cause Violence

Chris Wallace and Democrats can keep pretending the right is to blame for the violence. But we were in Kenosha, talking to people on the ground. Voters know who the peaceful protesters are and who the rioters are.

Evita Duffy and Kylee Zempel
If Chris Wallace’s goal during Tuesday night’s debate was to deflect from the months of left-wing violence from Black Lives Matter extremists and Antifa and instead blame it on President Donald Trump and his supporters, he did an excellent job.

“You have repeatedly criticized the vice president for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left-wing extremist groups,” Wallace, the debate moderator, said to Trump. “But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups, and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities, as we saw in Kenosha and as we’ve seen in Portland?”

Ignoring for a moment that Trump’s criticism of Joe Biden was absolutely warranted and that Wallace asked Trump to condemn white supremacists but did not ask Biden to condemn Black Lives Matter arsonists and looters, the question itself was specious. The violence in Kenosha was spurred by left-wing extremist groups, not white supremacists. We know — because we were there.

It Was Left-Wing Groups that Trashed Kenosha

Kenosha was up in flames, reduced to the same lawlessness that swept Minneapolis, Portland, Atlanta, and now this small Midwest town. Monday night in Kenosha, a day after law enforcement shot Jacob Blake, men and women stood with baseball bats and guns in front of their businesses and homes, trying to defend themselves against the extremist violence of the Black Lives Matter left. Since there weren’t enough police to control the situation, officers focused on defending public buildings, such as the courthouse, while leaving citizens to fend for themselves.

A woman, who said she had lived in Kenosha for more than 40 years, broke down in tears, saying her city felt like a “war zone” and she was “terrified.”

According to locals and reporting, the violence was caused by out-of-state agitators. On Thursday, local and federal law enforcement officials stopped an out-of-state caravan of vehicles filled with fuel cans and illegal fireworks. “The vehicles contained various items, including helmets, gas masks, protective vests, illegal fireworks, and suspected controlled substances,” according to police, who arrested nine people for disorderly conduct.

The vehicles were reportedly connected to the Seattle-based Riot Kitchen, a group of radical-left protesters. While several mainstream media accounts portrayed the group as friendly helpers, the stories couldn’t explain why they were loading up so many cans of gas and why the Riot Kitchen crew fled from police.

Sam, an Indian immigrant who owns a family-run car dealership downtown, lost “every dime” he had, and the 20 people Sam employed have all lost their jobs “for nothing.” Sam said his family had been “in tears” for days after rioters burned his lot two nights in a row, destroying all the cars, and looting his office before burning that as well.

“I’m a taxpayer,” said Sam, distraught that law enforcement did nothing to protect his business, which was left to the mercy of the mob. “This is not the America I came into. … What did we do to deserve all this?” he asked. “I’m a minority too. I’m a brown person. I have nothing to do with this.”

Contrary to what Wallace implied, neither did white supremacists or militia groups. Black Lives Matter rioters were in fact proud to take credit. Sam told The Federalist that more than a week after the Blake shooting, Black Lives Matter rioters came back to his shop in broad daylight to make “music videos” in the wreckage of his business “like they were so proud of it,” taunting him with, “this is what you get.”

Desperate pleas for mercy from the rioters confirmed who was instigating the violence. If business owners were trying to avoid losing everything to white supremacists, they wouldn’t have displayed placards signaling support for BLM and signs reading “minority-owned” in their storefronts — yet that’s exactly what they did.

Kyle Rittenhouse Wasn’t a White Supremacist

Like many other media figures and Democrats, Wallace seemed to be cherry-picking one instance of violence from a demonstrator linked to the political right, at the expense of accurately covering the rampant lawlessness instigated by leftist extremists. Kyle Rittenhouse became the face of so-called right-wing violence in Kenosha.

Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old Hispanic boy who worked as a lifeguard in Kenosha, saw the destruction and violence and picked up his AR-15 to patrol the streets. In a video shot around 10 p.m., Rittenhouse explained his purpose, saying, “People are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and part of my job is also to help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way. That’s why I have my rifle, because I need to protect myself, obviously. But I also have my med kit.”

Later that night, things escalated when three shootings left two people dead and another injured. Police apprehended Rittenhouse, the alleged shooter. Videos capturing the shootings suggest Rittenhouse might have been justified in self-defense.

Whether Rittenhouse, an Illinois native, belonged in Kenosha in the first place is debatable, but nothing suggests the boy was motivated by white supremacy or was part of a larger militia group. In fact, the Anti-Defamation League found no evidence he was or is connected to any extremist movements.

Yet Democrats and their friends in the corporate media, such as Wallace, have tried to paint Rittenhouse as a “white supremacist” in order to deflect all blame from the real agitators, left-wing groups such as BLM and Antifa.

The Right Didn’t Start the Kenosha Violence

Rittenhouse’s guilt has not been confirmed in a court of law, yet Wallace defamed him with gross charges of racism on national television with 29 million people watching.

Biden did the same on social media in a wholly inappropriate smear. On Monday, Biden tweeted a video featuring Rittenhouse, with the caption, “There’s no other way to put it: the President of the United States refused to disavow white supremacists on the debate stage last night.”

Wednesday it was announced Rittenhouse is pursuing a libel case against Biden and his campaign for the advertisement suggesting he is a white supremacist. Rittenhouse’s attorney, Lin Wood, said he plans to “rip Joe into shreds.”

Not only was Wallace’s debate tactic dirty, but it is factually wrong to say the violence and destruction that consumed Kenosha was spawned by “white supremacists,” given that the overwhelming majority of arrests were of left-wing rioters.

Trump pointed out that the majority of violence in places like Kenosha is coming from “the left-wing, not from the right-wing.” Democrats’ “right-wing extremists” narrative has become increasingly difficult to defend, with accounts from on-the-ground reporters shattering their talking points. A recent study found that 95 percent of riots in the United States this year have been tied to Black Lives Matter.

Taking his cues from Wallace, Biden shouted at Trump to denounce Proud Boys, a right-wing group. The only instance of Proud Boys in Kenosha, however, wasn’t during the nights of violence, but during the day. Two demonstrators sporting Proud Boys paraphernalia engaged in a verbal confrontation with three dozen BLM demonstrators, who were present to protest Trump’s visit.

Reporters said the two demonstrators did not appear to be armed and were being followed by the large group of BLM protesters. When the clash appeared volatile, law enforcement encircled the two Proud Boys demonstrators, who “appeared to be frightened,” walked them to nearby squad cars, and removed them from the area. It’s safe to say the duo didn’t “add to the violence,” to use Wallace’s words.

Democrats Keep Pushing Lies on Americans

Despite the endless accounts this summer of violence instigated by left-wing groups — which have left police officers dead, businesses and homes reduced to ashes, and communities in anarchic disarray — Democrats and the media keep pushing their “white supremacist” talking point.

Many voters and residents of these torn cities aren’t buying it. “You’re telling me you’re going to burn down my neighborhood?” Valerie, a 25-year-old black woman and former Democrat from the inner city of Milwaukee, told the Federalist in Kenosha of Black Lives Matter. “No, I don’t want to be a Democrat anymore.”

So MSNBC can keep standing in front of burning cities and calling them “mostly peaceful” protests, and Chris Wallace can keep pretending the right is to blame for the violence. But we were in Kenosha. We talked to people on the ground. Voters know who the peaceful protesters are and who the rioters are.

Evita Duffy is an intern at The Federalist and a junior at the University of Chicago. Follow her on Twitter at @evitaduffy_1 or contact her at evitapduffy@uchicago.edu. Kylee Zempel is an assistant editor at The Federalist. Follow her on Twitter @kyleezempel.

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
This was touched but brushed over WAY too quickly. Trump needs to HAMMER this because it crosses all lines and will, or at least should, resonate.

I’ve got a great gig. I can work an extra year or 3 to offset taxation increases. But I don’t want to.

And I shudder to think how retirees that based their annual earnings disbursements will factor of doubling the current tax rates.

Is their a better example of how stupid and out of touch Biden is? He comes off as saying the stock market is only a toy of the wealthy. Almost all of us are tied to it via investment, 401K, or pensions that are invested in it. Fool!

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-biden-2020-life-savings-grover-norquist

Grover Norquist: The Trump-Biden stakes in 2020 -- Your life savings

Trump was right when he said, "when the stock market goes up, that means jobs”

1 hour ago
Stuart Varney to Biden: 'You did not leave Trump a booming economy'Video
In Tuesday’s debate, President Trump mentioned his greatest gift to the American people—but if you blinked you might have missed it. “When the stock market goes up, that means jobs,” he said. Then he added, crucially: “It also means 401(k)s.” That point hits home among the millions of Americans with savings in a tax-advantaged investment vehicle, who watched their retirement funds rise in the prepandemic stock surge.

On stage, Joe Biden had nothing to say to this point. But in a Pennsylvania town hall this month, he pooh-poohed the stock market as a concern only of the distant rich. “All that Trump can see from Park Avenue is Wall Street. All he thinks about is the stock market, and telling them, ‘We’re going to do all right, everybody owns stock.’ How many of you all own stock in Scranton? In my neighborhood in Scranton, not a whole hell of a lot of people own stock.”

Mr. Biden’s critique might have made sense when he began his political career. But today, more than 100 million Americans save in 401(k)s, up from 19 million in 1990, along with many others using individual retirement accounts, 403(b)s and 529 college savings plans. And this growing “investor class” is increasingly aware. They receive frequent reports and can check their statements online anytime to see how their savings have grown, fallen or rebounded. They watched the Trump presidency drive up the value of their life savings.

“Wealth” is a slur to the left. Yet if you ask ordinary Americans not about their “wealth” but about their savings in a 401(k) or IRA, many can tell you its value to the penny. Skeptics argue that the market’s performance matters only to investors with the biggest stakes, but that argument gets things backward. Younger Americans, just beginning to save in an IRA or 401(k), have an even greater interest in pro-growth economic policies. They have more years to reap the benefits.

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
Compilation of Trump denouncing white supremacists done awhile back. note the comments by the person hosting it on their acct, you tube disabled sharing.

https://youtu.be/IhSpNwhNOlo

Sadly, I think most of us here are preaching to the choir... the rest of us have some kind of mental disorder.
Just my opinion.
I mean, I don't know what else it could be.

TRUMP IS NOT A RACIST DADGUMMIT.

This fucking shit just makes me hate the left ideology so much more. They invent always the "ists" list knowing that that is what grabs peoples attention.
Any one on the left, hear this, please.

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/media/debat...t-asking-scaramucci-should-i-respond-to-trump

Debate moderator Steve Scully raises eyebrows with tweet asking Scaramucci 'should I respond to Trump'

Scully's role as a former intern for Joe Biden previously sparked backlash

41 mins ago
President Trump says he won't 'waste my time' with virtual debateVideo
Presidential debate moderator Steve Scully raised eyebrows on Thursday night with a tweet that is having critics question his objectivity ahead of the second matchup between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden.

Scully, who is best known as the political editor of C-SPAN and host of "Washington Journal," sent a cryptic message that caused quite a stir on social media.

"@Scaramucci should I respond to trump," according to a tweet from his account.

TRUMP CAMPAIGN CALLS OUT SECOND DEBATE MODERATOR WHO INTERNED FOR BIDEN, WORKED FOR TED KENNEDY

That message appeared to be directed at former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci, who was once a supporter of President Trump but has since joined the #Resistance and has been outspoken in favor of Biden's candidacy.

Scully, whose October 15-scheduled town hall event had been crumbling after President Trump withdrew from the now-virtual debate, sparked confusion and fury among critics, many concluding that the moderator meant to send such a message to Trump's foe privately.

"odd thing for the next debate moderator to tweet," Politico reporter Alex Thompson reacted.

"This is not going to help the idea that Scully is *in any way* an objective and unbiased journalist and moderator," NewsBusters managing Curtis Houck wrote.

ABC NEWS ANNOUNCES BIDEN TOWN HALL ON OCT. 15 AFTER TRUMP PULLS OUT OF VIRTUAL DEBATE

"It appears that our moderator for the next debate thinks he's dm'ing with Scaramucci but accidentally tweeted at him. I'm sure he'll be a fair and unbiased moderator," Daily Caller's Greg Price said.

"What? Why is the next presidential debate moderator publicly asking one of Trump’s staunchest critics in Anthony Scaramucci if he should respond to the president? In a related story, Scully once interned for Sen. Joe Biden. Optics here are horrible & underscore mistrust is media," The Hill media reporter Joe Concha tweeted.

Scaramucci seemed to offer him advice on how to deal with the president.

"Ignore. He is having a hard enough time. Some more bad stuff about to go down."

Neither the Commission on Presidential Debates nor C-SPAN immediately responded to Fox News' requests for comment.

Scully's credibility as an unbiased debate moderator was previously questioned after it became known that he previously served as an intern for then-Senator Biden and served as a staffer for the late Democratic Senator Ted Kennedy.

Another tweet of Scully's from the 2016 election showed him sharing a New York Times op-ed titled, "No, Not Trump, Not Ever."

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Trump pulled out of the Scully-moderated debate after the Commission on Presidential Debates unilaterally announced that it would be turning the Miami town hall into a virtual event as the president continues his recovery from the coronavirus.

Biden subsequently withdrew from the debate and has since already scheduled an ABC News town hall scheduled for the night that the debate was supposed to take place.

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
Trump refusing to do a virtual debate is weak. Millions of Americans use Zoom or Teams daily to hold meetings , debate issues, etc.

But lil’ baby Trump refuses. Probably because he won’t be able to interrupt non-stop in that setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Trump refusing to do a virtual debate is weak. Millions of Americans use Zoom or Teams daily to hold meetings , debate issues, etc.

But lil’ baby Trump refuses. Probably because he won’t be able to interrupt non-stop in that setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Or a false narrative will be presented, as Biden’s handlers will be in full force presenting a false narrative. Putting what to say when on his screens. Steering him on what to hit and when.

There’s zero reason for it. He’s no longer presenting symptoms and by then the virus will have passed.

He’s hiding.

Hidin’ Biden!

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Cruz nails it.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/202...-debate-i-think-the-presidents-right-on-this/

Cruz on Trump Not Wanting Virtual Debate: ‘I Think the President’s Right on This’

Trent Baker8 Oct 2020
2:12

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Thursday supported President Donald Trump pushing back against doing a virtual debate with 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

“I am not going to waste my time on a virtual debate. That is not what debating is all about. You sit behind a are computer and do a debate. That’s ridiculous,” Trump said Thursday in an interview with “Mornings with Maria” on Fox Business Network.

Cruz told FNC’s “Fox & Friends” that Trump is “right” to not want to participate in a virtual debate “charade.”

“I think the president’s right on this, and unfortunately, I think this is a pattern we’ve seen play out throughout the debates, where the moderators and the debate commission have behaved like arms of the Joe Biden campaign,” Cruz explained. “I think at the first debate … Chris Wallace did a terrible job moderating. Last night, I think Susan Page did a better job moderating. She didn’t interrupt as much but her questions were still, you know, it’s an interesting hypothetical to go back and look at the questions she asked, and ask how would the questions have read differently had they been written by the Joe Biden campaign? And that virtually every question out of her mouth was from the left, with all of the assumptions Joe Biden and the Democrats believe. There was really very little pushing on the other side.”

“This decision here to hold a virtual debate, that benefits Joe Biden, that lets his staff be in the room, that lets him receive assistance,” he added. “One of the real concerns a lot of people have is if Joe Biden is even up to it and if you insulate him and let him do the debate from the basement, that’s eliminating the debate aspect of it, and listen, I think the reason the commission did this is the Democrats right now think they’re winning. They believe Joe Biden’s winning. I think they’re very happy for Joe not to leave his basement for another minute between now and Election Day, and if the commission sticks to we’re going to do it virtually, I think the president is right to say I’m not going to participate in this charade.”

Follow Trent Baker on Twitter @MagnifiTrent

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Another shining example of the typical left:

Kristen Welker, upcoming presidential debate moderator, has deep Democrat ties​

President Trump and Joe Biden will square off at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn.​

5 hours ago
Fox News Flash top headlines for October 17 Video
All eyes are turning to NBC News White House correspondent Kristen Welker as she prepares to host the third and final presidential debate Thursday.

President Trump and Joe Biden will square off at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn., in a 90-minute debate starting at 9 p.m.

Welker, 44, has been the White House correspondent at NBC News since 2011, after working as a news reporter in Rhode Island.

But Trump supporters who took issue with hard questioning by previous moderators like Chris Wallace and Savannah Guthrie may find themselves pining for those combative hosts after Welker is done with the president.

JON VOIGHT SLAMS BIDEN, SAYS TRUMP 'MUST WIN' ELECTION

Welker comes from an established Democratic family — who have poured cash into party coffers, and to Trump opponents, for years.

Her mother, Julie Welker, a prominent real estate broker in Philadelphia, and father, Harvey Welker, a consulting engineer, have donated tens of thousands of dollars to Democratic candidates and close to $20,000 to Barack Obama alone.

There was also $3,300 for Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign and $2,100 for Hillary Clinton’s doomed 2016 presidential effort against Trump. Another $7,300 was contributed to the Democratic National Committee between 2004 and 2020.

In 2012, Welker and her family celebrated Christmas at the White House with the Obamas.

Though Kristen Welker’s party registration is not listed today, she was a registered Democrat in Washington, DC, in 2012 and in Rhode Island in 2004.

Throughout Welker’s tenure as a White House correspondent, she has earned a reputation for a scathing style of questioning.

“Mr. President, yes or no. … have you ever worked for Russia. Yes or no?” she demanded during a confrontation in January 2019.

BIDEN FALSELY CLAIMS UNION ENDORSEMENT DURING ABC TOWN HALL

The treatment stands in stark contrast to her handling of Democratic politicos.

In March 2016 Welker was busted on live television tipping off Hillary Clinton’s Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri about at least one question she planned to ask her during a post-debate interview in Michigan. At the time Clinton was locked in a fierce fight for the Democratic nomination against Sen. Bernie Sanders.

“I’m going to ask you about Flint,” Welker said of the Michigan city’s infamous water crisis.

Welker deleted her Twitter account last week, heading off a more complete look at her past statements and views. It was later restored.

“Anyone who’s ever dealt with Welker knows she’s an activist, not a reporter. The White House press team views her the same way they would AOC or Pelosi if they walked in the office,” a senior White House official told The Post.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
In March 2016 Welker was busted on live television tipping off Hillary Clinton’s Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri about at least one question she planned to ask her during a post-debate interview in Michigan.

This right here should disqualify her from being a debate moderator. WTF???