2020 Presidential Debates

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
I think they should get Brett Beir (?) to moderate it, he doesn’t come across as someone that is pulling for either side. The rest of these so called “moderators” just flat out suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
I think they should get Brett Beir (?) to moderate it, he doesn’t come across as someone that is pulling for either side. The rest of these so called “moderators” just flat out suck.

He'd be good. But he's a FOX guy Forever and the Left would go Bat-shit crazy, scream Bloody murder and probably blow up the Washington Monument.

Cheers

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score

Beir would be a fine choice.
He'd be good. But he's a FOX guy Forever and the Left would go Bat-shit crazy, scream Bloody murder and probably blow up the Washington Monument.

Cheers
Fvck them. Look at the last 2 entrenched a-holes they put forward. And the 3rd is the worst!

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
Brett Bair is the best and most neutral newsman in the industry. He asks tough questions to whomever he interviews, pressing them if they give BS answers, no matter their political affiliation or agenda.

He regularly takes flak from both the left and the right as being partisan, pretty much the pudding of proof he is as unbiased as a journalist could be.

He would be an ideal moderator.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score

Cheers

But it’s ok to bring in these clowns from known biased media organizations that hate Trump. Beir is the most neutral tv personality on tv today.

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
But it’s ok to bring in these clowns from known biased media organizations that hate Trump. Beir is the most neutral tv personality on tv today.

The suspended guy interned for Biden for fvcks sake!

This gals whole family donated massive amounts.

Conflicts of interest have no bounds with the Debate Commission.

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Lol!

President Trump plans to bring Hunter Biden associate Tony Bobulinski as guest to debate​

Brooke Singman2 hours ago
Hunter Biden's former business partner releases emails about 2017 Chinese energy company deal Video
President Trump is expected to bring former Hunter Bidenassociate Tony Bobulinski as his guest to the final presidential debate Thursday night, Fox News has learned.

Bobulinski is a retired lieutenant in the U.S. Navy and the CEO of Sinohawk Holdings, which he explained "was a partnership between the Chinese operating through CEFC/Chairman Ye and the Biden family." He said he was brought on as CEO by Hunter Biden and James Gilliar and on Thursday released emails and text messages that appear to show Joe Biden's involvement with his son's foreign business dealings. He was slated to deliver a statement to the media before the debate, and will say that he is turning his electronic devices over to the FBI.

HUNTER BIDEN BUSINESS PARTNER CALLS EMAIL 'GENUINE,' SAYS HUNTER SOUGHT DAD'S ADVICE ON DEALS

Bobulinski, in a statement to Fox News, said he does not believe Joe Biden's past claim that he did not discuss his son Hunter's business affairs with him, claiming that Hunter "frequently referenced asking him for his sign-off or advice on various potential deals."

Courtesty Tony Bobulinski

Courtesty Tony Bobulinski
"I’ve seen Vice President Biden saying he never talked to Hunter about his business. I’ve seen firsthand that that’s not true, because it wasn’t just Hunter’s business, they said they were putting the Biden family name and its legacy on the line," Bobulinski said.

"The Biden family aggressively leveraged the Biden family name to make millions of dollars from foreign entities even though some were from communist-controlled China," he added.

Bobulinksi also said that he believes that the Chinese involvement in the deal was "political or influence investment" on their part, and that "Hunter wanted to use the company as his personal piggy bank by just taking money out of it as soon as it came from the Chinese."

The Biden campaign declined to comment.

Bobulinski also said that the information he relayed is not part of any disinformation campaign.

"Any suggestion to the contrary is false and offensive," he said.

“Once I realized that Hunter wanted to use the company as his personal piggy bank by just taking money out of it as soon as it came from the Chinese, I took steps to prevent that from happening,” Bobulinski said, adding that he asks “the Biden family to address the American people and outline the facts so I can go back to being irrelevant — and so I am not put in a position to have to answer those questions for them.”

Bobulinski said he doesn’t “have a political ax to grind.”

EMAIL FROM BIDEN'S BROTHER NAMES HARRIS, SCHUMER AS PROSPECTS FOR CHINESE FIRM

The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee and the Senate Finance Committee requested documents related to Bobulinski’s business affairs with the Biden family. He has provided the committees with the documents. Fox News has also, separately, obtained those documents.

Sens. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, and Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, are also planning to interview Bobulinksi on Friday.

“As part of the committees’ efforts to validate the authenticity of recently publicly released emails involving the Biden family’s international financial entanglements, we sent letters to five individuals identified in the emails. Those letters were sent yesterday, and the deadline is October 23, 2020," Johnson and Grassley said in a statement. "So far, the committees have received a response only from Mr. Tony Bobulinski, who appears to be willing to fully cooperate with our investigation."

They added: "In fact, Mr. Bobulinski has already agreed to appear for an informal interview by the committees tomorrow, Friday, October 23, 2020.”

Several documents, obtained by Fox News, show Bobulinksi discussing a meeting with Joe Biden in May 2017, despite past claims from the former vice president that he did not talk about his son's business dealings.

The messages seem to indicate that a meeting took place, though it's unclear what the substance of the meeting may have been. They are unrelated to the laptop or hard drive purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden, the former vice president's son.

“Mrng plse let me knw if we will do early dinner w your Uncle & dad and where, also for document translation do you want it simple Chinese or traditional?” Bobulinski texted Hunter Biden on May 2, 2017.

“Not sure on dinner yet and whatever is the most common for a Chinese legal DOC,” Hunter Biden replied.

“Chinese legal docs can be both, i’ll make it traditional,” Bobulinski said.

HUNTER BIDEN BUSINESS PARTNER CALLS EMAIL 'GENUINE,' SAYS HUNTER SOUGHT DAD'S ADVICE ON DEALS

Hunter replied: “Dad not in now until 11- let’s me I and Jim meet at 10 at Beverly Hilton where he’s staying.”

Later, Bobulinski sent a text to Jim Biden, Joe Biden's brother, on the same day, May 2, 2017, saying: “Great to meet u and spend some time together, please thank Joe for his time, was great to talk thx Tony b.”

spacecrime

Reaction score
Democrats often accused George W. Bush of lying, and Republicans accused Barack Obama of lying. And both men made questionable statements and statements that later proved untrue. But when they proved untrue, Bush and Obama stopped making the claims. Trump just keeps making them. Why? Why does he do this? How can prospective voters decide on candidates when one keeps saying things proven to be untrue? With all the dirty politics in US history, there has never been a disinformation campaign like this. It's sad.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Democrats often accused George W. Bush of lying, and Republicans accused Barack Obama of lying. And both men made questionable statements and statements that later proved untrue. But when they proved untrue, Bush and Obama stopped making the claims. Trump just keeps making them. Why? Why does he do this? How can prospective voters decide on candidates when one keeps saying things proven to be untrue? With all the dirty politics in US history, there has never been a disinformation campaign like this. It's sad.

How about Biden continually lying right to our faces and the MSM never calls him out in it? He lied a number of times and all we get are crickets.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting.

I'd be curious to hear what Trump supporters think about his lying without attacking the other side instead. Is it you don't think he lies? Or is it that you don't care?

Just curious.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Interesting.

I'd be curious to hear what Trump supporters think about his lying without attacking the other side instead. Is it you don't think he lies? Or is it that you don't care?

Just curious.

I'm not a blind Trump supporter so I don't know if I'm qualified to answer, I do like some of his policies and virtually none of the hard left's so he gets my vote, but on the lying thing. I think he does this to troll the haters on the left and they take the bait hook line and sinker every time. This is what he has accomplished most. Showing the nature of the left for who they are.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
If/when he lies he should answer for it. if he can't back up his statement, he absoutely should suffer the consequences. just as all of us should.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not a blind Trump supporter so I don't know if I'm qualified to answer, I do like some of his policies and virtually none of the hard left's so he gets my vote, but on the lying thing. I think he does this to troll the haters on the left and they take the bait hook line and sinker every time. This is what he has accomplished most. Showing the nature of the left for who they are.
So the reasoning here is the lying is justified just to troll?

If/when he lies he should answer for it. if he can't back up his statement, he absoutely should suffer the consequences. just as all of us should.
What are the consequences? I am not sure there are any so far. Does it change any supporters minds about him?

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Interesting.

Just curious.

Several of us have stated our thoughts on it so I don’t see the need to go through that again.

Meanwhile Biden continually gets a pass even when he does it on tv and the left, RINOS, and MSM cover for him. It’s no different here either.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
What are the consequences? I am not sure there are any so far. Does it change any supporters minds about him?
I'm not necessarily a supporter, but is there a specific incident you are curious about? my general answer is usually that i would look into whatever the statement was to see what facts i can find to allow me to make a reasonably educated judgement and go from there.
I do think he definitely exaggerates or overblows/oversimplifies things sometimes for effect. "Showmanlike". It can get eyerolling.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
No, no specific incident. Was just curious how people that supported him felt about the lies and if they even think they are lies.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
No, no specific incident. Was just curious how people that supported him felt about the lies and if they even think they are lies.
It depends on what you're speaking to, as HSanders pointed out.

The stupid hyperbole stuff that isn't consequential like how many people attended his inauguration ceremony or how "yuge" or "best" or "perfect" something is?

Or the very consequential stuff that are called "lies" and then often times are proven true (e.g. "they're spying on my campaign" and "Biden is using his influence in government to make his family money")?

shecolt

Reaction score

Without a specific incident(s), it is hard to answer other than to say that I think most in the political world lie (including Trump). So, I would say it gets down to the nature of the lie.

Example:

My son (who is NO fan of Trump) watched some of last night's debate with me. When talking about windmills, Trump said that they kill all the birds which was a lie. While they do kill birds, they obviously haven't killed all the birds. My son rolled his eyes and said, "Gee, I guess those birds I saw today were just a figment of my imagination".

His reaction was much different when Biden said (in reference to the ACA), "They did not lose their insurance unless they chose that they wanted to go to something else". My son stood up, pointed his finger at the TV, and yelled . . . "Why are you repeating that lie? We've known for years that Obama sold us a line of BS with his "like your plan/doctor, you can keep your plan/doctor". I should know because I'm someone who lost my plan."

While the "bird" lie had him rolling his eyes, the "insurance" lie made him very angry which is what I mean when I said that it gets down to the nature of the lie as to how upset I would be about a lie coming from either side.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
What lies have Trump told that have had an affect on the country, I’m truly curious.

Trump exaggerates, says some stupid shit sometimes but I don’t know of anything that he’s said that has affected this country in one way or another.

AnOldTroll

Reaction score

What lies have Trump told that have had an affect on the country, I’m truly curious.

Trump exaggerates, says some stupid shit sometimes but I don’t know of anything that he’s said that has affected this country in one way or another.

Other than make MSM 24/7 I agree. It is ridiculous how the Schiffs Pelosis etc etc can lie through their dentures and never a mention.