2021 Draft: Patriots 3rd round pick Ronnie Perkins Pick 96

A great value pick according to the pundits. He should have been taken higher but dropped down due to that drug issue. Reiss says rather than going after a player of need like a receiver, the value was too good to pass up. That’s classic Belichick.

Yup. BB is building an early century monster team again, as I mentioned yesterday. Win or lose, if you play the Patriots this season, plan on lots of therapy tubs and Aleve the following day.
I agree, both on offence and defence. The D will bring relentless pressure to any offence they go up against and the Pats offense will be hard running smashmouth with guys like big Trent ploughing lanes.

We it looks like we have strength in depth as well which is great. The D line can interchange at will.

I don't know about you but for me not having Tashawn Bower, Nick Thurman, Akeem Spence, Isaiah Mack, Xavier Williams and Derek Rivers playing meaningful snaps on the the defensive line is a huge upgrade for the Front 7.
Personally, I don't see Perkins as a DE for the Pats - He's a KVN OLB type of player mixed with Hightower physicality for inside duty. 3-4 or 4-3, it hasn't mattered in years. It's the Front 7 now.

PFF's overall draft board ranking:
12. DT Christian Barmore (drafted 38th)
14. QB Mac Jones (drafted 15th)
43. Ronnie Perkins (drafted 96th)

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1388330951722274816

Last edited:
Back