2021 draft. Round 1 pick 15 Patriots select QB Mac Jones!

Let's not put too much pressure on the young man who has a lot to learn. Throwing him to the wolves might not be the best thing for his psyche
That's true. They'll work with him, and we'll find out. I was psyched when the Pats signed when the Pats signed Newton last preseason. And he seemed to try, but he sucked. I mean, 7-9 is how crappy teams do. Teams with a little hope, but not close to enough. And this was a team with fine coaches, although with sad talent. I think, if Bill Belichick wants to win, he'd go with the better qb. And he'll have the better qb start. It could be Jimmy G, or the newly drafted qb. (If they pick up Garoppolo).

I'm stunned we got him and not having to trade up to get him?? Usually, we don't get these kinds of players, certainly, players hight rated like this and a seemingly ideal fit for the team. I mean drop back passer, highly accurate, not an all singling all-dancing QB who never seem to last injury-free for long, and.....a Nick Saban guy to boot! He's basically plug and play coming from a Saban team!

And we have the weapons for a QB like this. Two excellent TEs, a decent receiving corp, a good running game and a strengthened O Line with big Trent back. This is excellent stuff.

And he genuinely wants to be here, he knows the Patriots are the right team for him with what he can bring. He said, "I secretly wanted to be drafted by the Patriots all along".

Last edited:
Me on March 30th:
I'm hoping we get Mac Jones, so I can pretty much guarantee not only will we not get Mac Jones but he'll go to a team we hate and thrive.

I'm very, VERY happy to be wrong! :D I was 💩bricks when the Bears jumped up over us. Thankfully they didn't screw us. When I heard Mac's name called I screamed like I haven't screamed since Butler's pick in Super Bowl 49.

I wanted a future, now we have it. AND we didn't have to trade up to get it! I'm over the moon!

Also, I'm happy that you guys seem to be happy about it too. On Twitter and Reddit and in the Boston Sports "Media" Pats fans aren't as enthused.

BIG MAC ATTACK INCOMING!

View: https://twitter.com/FitzyGFY/status/1387962886811705345

Its a reason to be optimistic. His ceiling is really high in this system. But he is a rookie and needs to learn to remain poised when pushed around or out of the pocket.

Me on March 30th:

I'm very, VERY happy to be wrong! :D I was 💩bricks when the Bears jumped up over us. Thankfully they didn't screw us. When I heard Mac's name called I screamed like I haven't screamed since Butler's pick in Super Bowl 49.

I wanted a future, now we have it. AND we didn't have to trade up to get it! I'm over the moon!

Also, I'm happy that you guys seem to be happy about it too. On Twitter and Reddit and in the Boston Sports "Media" Pats fans aren't as enthused.

BIG MAC ATTACK INCOMING!
I'm very surprised at that. Even guys like Andy Hart or Paul Perillo don't seem to be over the moon. Though Zolak seems ecstatic.

This is the perfect QB for this team. Bill now has the weapons in place for a QB like this. All we need from him is to understand the offense, make good decisions under pressure and show accuracy with his passing. The fact he is a Saban guy is a real added bonus.

And I understand his athleticism is underrated as well, he was/is a very good tennis player

If you were being really picky, the only possible downside I could say is he's an inch or two under the ideal height. Maybe.....but he's still 6-3 which is not small.

I'm very surprised at that. Even guys like Andy Hart or Paul Perillo don't seem to be over the moon. Though Zolak seems ecstatic.

This is the perfect QB for this team. Bill now has the weapons in place for a QB like this. All we need from him is to understand the offense, make good decisions under pressure and show accuracy with his passing. The fact he is a Saban guy is a real added bonus.

And I understand his athleticism is underrated as well, he was/is a very good tennis player

If you were being really picky, the only possible downside I could say is he's an inch or two under the ideal height. Maybe.....but he's still 6-3 which is not small.
Yeah, I don't get people who want a running QB. Brady has proven time and again you don't need to be a running QB to win. You need to be able to step up in the pocket and avoid the rush.

Very mixed emotions on this. I had Jones as the 5th Qb of the 5. He is the one I wanted the least.
I could not believe Fields fell to 11 like everyone predicted with Denver not taking a Qb and then the trade is made at 11 and I was off my seat in anticipation and it was ... the Bears. Talk about a gut punch.

With that as the back drop, I am happy we got a Qb and that we didn't have to trade up. I do like a lot of Jones traits of being smart and a leader but he is not the type of Qb you want in today's league. He can't move, has no escapabiliy. He played on a stacked team. My fear is we will feel like Chicago when they drafted Trib when they could have had Watson or Mahomes.

My other thought is this also signals the continuation of the Brady offense which we desperately need to scrap. Even Brady left it to play in Arians system. You need a dynamic offense with play makers and speed. The system is unbelievably complex on top which means it is doubtful we see Jones play at all this year. Bill said last night that Cam is our starter and Jones has a long way to go to even jump Stidham. Sigh.

So we'll see how it all shakes out. Jones is certainly a likeable guy and I will be rooting hard for him to have the best TC of his life. Anything is better than another season of Cam. Lol

Newton will still be the bridge QB this year. All draft experts loved the pick. His skill set is perfect for pats offense. Can he be the first Bama QB in decades to have success as a starter.

They're shocked that the Pats can be successful post Brady. They can...

Newton will still be the bridge QB this year. All draft experts loved the pick. His skill set is perfect for pats offense. Can he be the first Bama QB in decades to have success as a starter.
Hey, what is the hottest pepper that you've personally ate? What is the name of it? Ghost? Carolina Reaper? What?

Back