2022 Rookie Camp, OTAs, Mini Camp, Mandatory Mini Camp And Training Camp

Big/Sky/Fly

Too Weird to Live/Too Rare To Die
Reaction score
I DVR every Pats' game and usually re-watch those we win. I typically just erase losses. For some reason I never erased the Buffalo playoff loss from last season. Tuesday evening I was cleaning up my recordings and came across that game. I don't know why, but I started re-watching it. The most vivid and obvious negative feature of that game (and there were plenty) upon re-watching was how horribly slow our linebackers were. I mean really, really slow. It's little wonder the 3 starters are no longer here. Speed-wise, it won't be hard for their replacements to be better.
YUP!!!!

Big/Sky/Fly

Reaction score
Is anyone else reading these reports on our O getting the vibe that our new O is patterned more after McVay's Rams O than it is Shanahan's 49ers' O?
Sure seems that way to me and has me questioning if we have the speed to pull it off.
Maybe BB can do a hybrid version of it...in his own style.

Big/Sky/Fly

Reaction score
Wait a minute!!! How can this be the case? The media has made it clear that our part time HC has purposefully left the LB shelf empty.

Something is amiss.

Maybe BB has a clue?
There are many question marks there at that position...especially health/injury-wise. Hopefully, they all can stay healthy and contribute a lot.

Big/Sky/Fly

Reaction score

spacecrime

Reaction score

I'm not making it up. Unless you want to count college.

Edit: Also, I constantly defend Bethel Johnson's rookie year, just like I do Maroney's. I don't know why they fell off. I don't think it was Bill Belichick's fault necessarily, so neither of them are draft busts to me. 🤷
I guess it depends in what you call a good moment, and IMO a KO return for a TD was a good moment. Not confusing him with Devin Hester, just sayín' he wasn't all bad post rookie year.

OP
OP
chevss454

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Training camp practices on Monday and Tuesday will both start at 4 p.m. and be open to the public. No practice access Wednesday.

Preseason opener vs. Giants set for 7 p.m. Thursday.

We're not hearing much about Tyquan Thornton in camp but don't worry, he's been plenty impressive.

spacecrime

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/_AndrewCallahan
@_AndrewCallahan

Quarterbacks in competitive team drills: Mac Jones: 73% comp. (119/163), 4 INT This time last year, Mac had a 61% comp. pct. in team drills, when he was pushing the ball downfield more. He finished at 66% in camp. Brian Hoyer: 8/14, INT Bailey Zappe: 65% comp. (65/100), 2 INT

Umpossible. I read right here on this site that Mac was unable to comrehend the new system and that Belichick was an idiot for even attempting to change the system.

Mazz22

Always and forever the GOAT TB12
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/_AndrewCallahan
@_AndrewCallahan

Quarterbacks in competitive team drills: Mac Jones: 73% comp. (119/163), 4 INT This time last year, Mac had a 61% comp. pct. in team drills, when he was pushing the ball downfield more. He finished at 66% in camp. Brian Hoyer: 8/14, INT Bailey Zappe: 65% comp. (65/100), 2 INT

Umpossible. I read right here on this site that Mac was unable to comrehend the new system and that Belichick was an idiot for even attempting to change the system.
It is more the Oline that is having issues.