2022 Rookie Camp, OTAs, Mini Camp, Mandatory Mini Camp And Training Camp

McCorkle. Lol

I think he should just quit football altogether and get himself a food truck. Menu:

Mac & Cheese

Low-Ceiling Beef Kabobs

Arm Noodles

McCorkle Turnovers
New side hustle for him until he is forced into the real world! Disastrous Deli.

What scar says is what I had said in a previous thread. That if this system does not work in the preseason Bill will scrap it. So we have basically a few weeks to see if it becomes productive enough to where they roll into the regular season with it. I am really looking forward to seeing it in the preseason. Hopefully it does start to smooth out as I do think an offensive change in system was needed but implementing it is obviously a whole different story.
This is a bit revisionist, no? What you said is that the new system isn't working and that it was crazy of Belichick to make the change. What Scar said was, … What doesn’t look good in training camp early, has no bearing on anything.”

He also said something to the effect that Bill will keep what works, so it isn't all or nothing. He said they tried this with Brady and he couldn't do the runs to the right (closed) side but could do it to the left (open) side. So they ran that subset of the system. BB is a genius at taking what works for the team and dropping whatever doesn't work for the team, including players. Evidently he thinks Jones can run it. Maybe he can.

That's why all this yapping about the troubles is such silly nonsense.

1. It's too early to tell anything about anything
2. In the end BB will do what he thinks is best for the team. If the system isn't working to our satisfaction at the end of training camp or even into the season, and he thinks the team will pick it up and thereby be a better team, he's keep it.

How many times does he answer a question, "I did what I thought best for the team."

Everything sounds ugly - run game, blocking, receivers. It will be interesting to see how long Bill sticks with it. I hope he rides it out but the offensive coaches are already looking suspect.
You just literally quoted Scar about how long it will take, plus:

Guregian: Dante Scarnecchia opens up about Patriots’ new offense, coaching staff

". … What doesn’t look good in training camp early, has no bearing on anything.”

Really, Just chill. We don't know anything yet except the defense is dominating the offense the second week after the offense dominated the first week.

When you wear shit-colored glasses, all you see is shit. Maybe the offense is struggling. Maybe the DLine is so good the O can't get into the swing of a new offense. But a little premature to assume the offense can't pick the system up.

If the offense was looking amazing, absorbing all the changes quickly and lighting it up, what would the stories be about?

They'd be about how much the defense sucks.
But of course. No one with an anti-Pats agenda is going to say, "The Offense is dominating the D. Joe Judge and Matt Patricia are offensive geniuses. Wow!"

It always starts with the assumption that the Pats are bad. silly is the maroon who posted about Mac's ceiling. After one year how do you know anything about a ceiling? After one year, Brady was a one-year wonder, James White could catch but could be tacked by severe stare, Damien Harris couldn't get on the field and was a bust.

Almost everything in training camp favors the offense.
These reports are pretty scary, and I’ve got absolutely no faith in Patricia or Judge. We are going to find that bringing them back was a huge mistake.
I like Mac, but his ceiling is Andy Dalton in his prime. He’s gonna need good coaching and personal to get there. Outside of the run game, he’s got neither.
Is this like when you "knew" and swore the Patriots couldn't win 8 games last year?

Well I have patience with this offense. There are a high number of really top-level players there starting with Mac and going to the receivers, TEs and RBs. It will come together and it may even take a few weeks into the reg season for it to really click.

As someone else said, if the offense was firing and looking really impressive, some people would be moaning about the defense and how it's a disaster etc and Steve Belichick is terrible and how there's a conflict between him and Mayo blah blah blah. The good news there is that Barmore, Judon and co look like they will cause serious havoc this season.

I look at it the way I used to learn a new route at UPS. The Supes would bitch and moan about how slow I was for the first 4-6 weeks. So and so was so much faster. They thought I should have it down by the end of the 2nd week. I would just tell them not to worry one day it will just click and somewhere between weeks 4 and 6 it would.

I think this is something the media either doesn't know or doesn't care about. That every play the Pats run won't be a stretch run play action. There will be plenty of the plays we've run for years, and plenty of head-banging up the middle runs. Right now the O is practicing the new plays and it's easy for the D to focus on that.

We've got two fast outside receivers now and if the opposing D focuses too much on movement at the line of scrimmage, once in a while the D will get burned by a Thornton or Agholor getting behind them. It might only be once or twice a game, but how many long TDs will it take before the defense sticks a couple of safeties back there. my guess is one.

It's so mind boggling, all the hand-wringing that changing systems isn't seamless and it actually takes a lot of work to accomplish this.

I look at it the way I used to learn a new route at UPS. The Supes would bitch and moan about how slow I was for the first 4-6 weeks. So and so was so much faster. They thought I should have it down by the end of the 2nd week. I would just tell them not to worry one day it will just click and somewhere between weeks 4 and 6 it would.
This is exactly it. Like people (drivers or offensive tackles) are plug-n-play.

This is a bit revisionist, no? What you said is that the new system isn't working and that it was crazy of Belichick to make the change. What Scar said was, … What doesn’t look good in training camp early, has no bearing on anything.”

He also said something to the effect that Bill will keep what works, so it isn't all or nothing. He said they tried this with Brady and he couldn't do the runs to the right (closed) side but could do it to the left (open) side. So they ran that subset of the system. BB is a genius at taking what works for the team and dropping whatever doesn't work for the team, including players. Evidently he thinks Jones can run it. Maybe he can.

That's why all this yapping about the troubles is such silly nonsense.

1. It's too early to tell anything about anything
2. In the end BB will do what he thinks is best for the team. If the system isn't working to our satisfaction at the end of training camp or even into the season, and he thinks the team will pick it up and thereby be a better team, he's keep it.

How many times does he answer a question, "I did what I thought best for the team."

You just literally quoted Scar about how long it will take, plus:

Really, Just chill. We don't know anything yet except the defense is dominating the offense the second week after the offense dominated the first week.

When you wear shit-colored glasses, all you see is shit. Maybe the offense is struggling. Maybe the DLine is so good the O can't get into the swing of a new offense. But a little premature to assume the offense can't pick the system up.
I’ve been all for the change. I have wanted it changed for a long time to simplify for the receivers. I was asking earlier why he is changing now but it has become more clear in that Mac has good mobility and I think Bill recognizes that the offense needs to be able to put up points.

Obviously it is going to take time for it to smooth out. I think the bigger question some of us have is why the Pats don’t have anyone on their staff that is well versed in the system on top of having Patricia and Judge who neither have a lot of offense experience.

I am looking forward to watching it unfold however it goes. There is no question Bill will scrap whatever is not working. Hopefully it does get better.

I did a Christmas holiday gig for OOPS (UPS) back in the day. Dogs hated and chased me. I got a killer cardiovascular workout with them. Uni's are terrible. Great experience though!

I think the bigger question some of us have is why the Pats don’t have anyone on their staff that is well versed in the system...
You don't know that they don't. You don't know what the system is. All you have are media assumptions.

Zone blocking does not a system make, it is merely one aspect of an offense, and one that has had a part time role in the Patriots 'system' for years.

Back