2022 Rookie Camp, OTAs, Mini Camp, Mandatory Mini Camp And Training Camp

I saw a blurb that Denver's offense is struggling early with Russ. I would expect a "new" offense (or in Denver's case a new QB) to be behind the defense early on.
I'll be concerned if during Joint practices and Preseason games the offense looks lost or disjointed.

I saw a blurb that Denver's offense is struggling early with Russ. I would expect a "new" offense (or in Denver's case a new QB) to be behind the defense early on.
I'll be concerned if during Joint practices and Preseason games the offense looks lost or disjointed.
Yes, the Broncs are struggling. I agree that it is very early to judge anything. I did enjoy Mac's comments though on what he feels needs to happen for everything to gel. I have to say that even though I am shocked that Bill went away from his most successful offense, I was saying pretty loudly last year that I felt things needed to change for Mac and wanted an offensive system change. I felt he would struggle with the offense Brady ran to perfection for 20 years. Plus, Mac is more mobile so I am excited to see him say there will be roll-outs and bootlegs. It is going to be really fun to watch it progress. Bill would not have changed if he didn't think Mac and the O could smooth it out.

Is anyone else reading these reports on our O getting the vibe that our new O is patterned more after McVay's Rams O than it is Shanahan's 49ers' O?
Sure seems that way to me and has me questioning if we have the speed to pull it off.

I don't know how our current personnel will play into this alleged sea-change, but it seems like it's more than just another wrinkle and will
require commitment and time before we can even assess how it might play out.

Having said that, I'm reminded of an embarrassing beat down by the Niners during the 2020 season. I wasn't going to that game, but had
recently bought a digital projector and set up a backyard movie screen to watch with friends who usually go to the games. The food was great and
I had a roaring blaze going in the firepit. The atmosphere was perfect right up until the game started and it struck me that Shanny Jr. completely
carved us up with that offensive game plan. We barely got a sniff of those guys and, as bad as Cam Newton was, our D seemed totally lost
and confused. The final score of 33-6 was not indicative of how bad that blowout really was.

It's a fine system if you can run it, so I choose to be optimistic. I'd also say that I think it might suit Mac Jones' skillset very well if the other
moving pieces can handle the demands. We'll just have to see if the speed we've added can aid the cause.

As I understand the SHannahans'system, it's heavily dependent on Oling blocking. The Oline has been getting trashed early in tc, and it might be (besides Barmore) because our OLinesmen have been in the system in the system for a long time and now are learning new blocking schemes and new terminology. The instinctive working-as-one that a good Oline performs will not arrive anytime soon. The OL will learn at different rates, and it will mess up coordination. I would not expect it to run smoothly even at the start of the season, and I'm not surprised that highly intelligent guys like Mac Jones will get frustrated by the slow rate of others' progress.

As I understand the SHannahans'system, it's heavily dependent on Oling blocking. The Oline has been getting trashed early in tc, and it might be (besides Barmore) because our OLinesmen have been in the system in the system for a long time and now are learning new blocking schemes and new terminology. The instinctive working-as-one that a good Oline performs will not arrive anytime soon. The OL will learn at different rates, and it will mess up coordination. I would not expect it to run smoothly even at the start of the season, and I'm not surprised that highly intelligent guys like Mac Jones will get frustrated by the slow rate of others' progress.

Yes, the Broncs are struggling. I agree that it is very early to judge anything. I did enjoy Mac's comments though on what he feels needs to happen for everything to gel. I have to say that even though I am shocked that Bill went away from his most successful offense, I was saying pretty loudly last year that I felt things needed to change for Mac and wanted an offensive system change. I felt he would struggle with the offense Brady ran to perfection for 20 years. Plus, Mac is more mobile so I am excited to see him say there will be roll-outs and bootlegs. It is going to be really fun to watch it progress. Bill would not have changed if he didn't think Mac and the O could smooth it out.
Really? You’ve posted many times recently how losing McDaniels and his system will inhibit Mac.

Lolz. Changing your tune, eh?

Really? You’ve posted many times recently how losing McDaniels and his system will inhibit Mac.

Actually, she really isn't. Her tune is whatever she can troll the board with. That is the high level consistency that she is allowed to get away with. (with, ugh).

Inconsistencies below the top level "I hate Bill and the current Patriots trolling" really are not inconsistencies if they hate on BB/Pats.

I thought the biggest issue with the D late last year was because he hit his rookie wall which had a cascading effect on guys like Judon. In my opinion anyway. I'm most excited to see what Barmore becomes this year, more than Mac or anyone else. He could be the #1 game changer this season.

I thought the biggest issue with the D late last year was because he hit his rookie wall which had a cascading effect on guys like Judon. In my opinion anyway. I'm most excited to see what Barmore becomes this year, more than Mac or anyone else. He could be the #1 game changer this season.
Agreed. Imagine if he is really, really good. I can imagine.

I like what I’m hearing about Agholor as well.

Barmore will be a beast this season and I’m dying to see what Perkins brings.

McGrone as well, he’s a really interesting player imho.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. Jones, Barmore, Stevenson, etc played so well that even though I know they were rookies, I forget things like rookie wall, mentally and physically, still apply to them.

really are not inconsistencies if they hate on BB/Pats.
Belichick is delegating everything. He's just sliding into retirement.

Belichick is spreading himself too thin, trying to be a HC and helping with defense and offense both, and bringing Mac along because Patricia and Judge know nothing about QBs.

I have whiplash.

Something she's not done in, oh, 23 Years-ish

Same, not something you would normally see in old coaches where the "game has passed them by".
Have to find the right system for the Qb. That's the HC #1 job.

Back