24 Year Old Dwayne Haskins Killed

He actually was struck by a dump truck while trying to cross a highway... Why do people try to cross highways?
Not trying to be a wise ass but simply, to get to the other side. Sometimes you need to cross a busy road and you're on foot. When I hiked the Appalachian Trail a couple of decades ago, I walked across all manner of busy highways, including the Taconic Parkway. That involved trotting with a backpack. The key is don't assume the driver will see you and slow down. Figure on the vehicle continue on at its current velocity.

Not trying to be a wise ass but simply, to get to the other side. Sometimes you need to cross a busy road and you're on foot. When I hiked the Appalachian Trail a couple of decades ago, I walked across all manner of busy highways, including the Taconic Parkway. That involved trotting with a backpack. The key is don't assume the driver will see you and slow down. Figure on the vehicle continue on at its current velocity.
I hiked and slept over on the virginia part of the appalachian trail.
winter and summer,
great memories.

no highways there for me.
but I am guessing that is a memory and accomplishment you will never forget. congratulations,

Sometime, they'll even accelerate!

Cheers

winter and summer,
great memories.

but I am guessing that is a memory and accomplishment you will never forget. congratulations,
Sorry that truly sucks....

~Dee~

winter and summer,
great memories.

I did as well .... my brother and I hiked most of the trail together...... he finished when I couldn’t ....I miss him, but will remember forever the fun our group had.

~Dee~

remember forever the fun our group had.
It was a terrific part of my life. I'd just retired the previous October. I keep thinking I'd like to do it again, but I'll be 75 next month and I'm not sure my knees would take all the downhills. Certainly would have to lose a ton of weight first.....

One of the things I remember, oddly, was that by the time I hit VT/NH all the women looked like professional aerobics instructors and all the men looked like concentration camp survivors....

wait, wait, wait....

You walked from GA to ME?

WOW!

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins had blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit when he was fatally hit, report says

Dwayne
This answers the question .WTF was he thinking. His stupidity cost him his Life.

Last edited:
I can only hope he was so wasted, he barely felt it at all. Brutal.

Other reports show he had ketamine in his blood samples as well as being legally drunk. Bad combo for driving.

Back