49ers trade up, move to the 3 spot in draft

Sent Miami 3 first round picks and a 3rd ... huge price to pay to move up ... wonder if they tried to make a deal with the jets first... if so, and they didnt bite, darnold's days are done in ny

Jimmy might get cut loose, most likely next season... can we stand one more year of cam?

And how healthy was he during his stint replacing Brady?
Oh, that’s right, he didn’t make it through two games.

Face it, it’s fragile as hell and is not worth a first rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You implied that he missed 10 games in 2017, and the implication was because he was injured. Which was bullshit. He missed 10 games in 2017 because he was sitting on a bench in Foxboro.

JG is better than any other option currently available despite being injury prone.

Of course hes worth a mid level first round draft pick.

Markets change. Simple supply and demand.

If BB can bring him in for a second? Great, I am all for that.

I also do not have a problem with him spending the first on him. We saw first hand what happens when you have a qb under center who isnt good.

🙄

he played half a season in New England in 2017.
Spent two games on the bench in SF, pinch hit in one, then took over and went 5-0 in his five starts.

He played one game and a half for NE, then he played four games with the Niners.

And the reason he played a game and a a half for the Pats was because... wait for it... he got injured.

Markets change. Simple supply and demand.

If BB can bring him in for a second? Great, I am all for that.

I also do not have a problem with him spending the first on him. We saw first hand what happens when you have a qb under center who isnt good.

He is at best a 3-4 round pick. Without him being injury prone, he probably does require a 1st rounder, but then again you think the Niners would be willing to trade him or trade up to #3 in the draft if that were the case? I doubt it.

He played one game and a half for NE, then he played four games with the Niners.

And the reason he played a game and a a half for the Pats was because... wait for it... he got injured.

He is at best a 3-4 round pick. Without him being injury prone, he probably does require a 1st rounder, but then again you think the Niners would be willing to trade him or trade up to #3 in the draft if that were the case? I doubt it.
2016 he started for Brady... we are talking about 2017... try to keep up

If he is the answer to the QB position, then yes, its worth the cost.

If BB can get him for cheaper, thats fantastic.

I wouldnt hesitate to make the deal though, for a first round pick.

Point still stands. He's not worth a 1st rounder.

As i said, if you can get him for cheaper, great, im all for it.

But if you can short cut the rebuild and get a quality starter, which then gives you time to find and develop a rookie prospect, then it is absolutely worth the cost.

As i said, if you can get him for cheaper, great, im all for it.

But if you can short cut the rebuild and get a quality starter, which then gives you time to find and develop a rookie prospect, then it is absolutely worth the cost.

I get the draft it basically a crapshoot, but JG is not that dependable starter. Sure, when he plays he's shown he's good, but what good does that do if he takes a bad sack and he's done for the year? Say what you will about Cam, but he withstood the punishment last year. I can't say the same about Jimmy...

Also, I find it unlikely that BB brings in Cam, trades for Jimmy and on top of that drafts a QB.

I get the draft it basically a crapshoot, but JG is not that dependable starter. Sure, when he plays he's shown he's good, but what good does that do if he takes a bad sack and he's done for the year? Say what you will about Cam, but he withstood the punishment last year. I can't say the same about Jimmy...

Also, I find it unlikely that BB brings in Cam, trades for Jimmy and on top of that drafts a QB.
Jimmy gives you a chance to win. Cam doesn't. Thats how I see it. Makes the cost relative to the goal of winning.

and while it sounded glib before I am serious about having JG work with tb12 to hopefully increase his durability.

Value... Winning trumps value 24/7/365... Especially when it comes to something inconsequential like draft picks... Don't want to surrender 15? Fine offer em next year's 1plus whatever they want...

And just remember we aren't the only team looking for a quarter back... At times you have to pay a greater cost to get what you want...

If jimmy really is the apple of bbs eye, then we will see what he is willing to pay...

Jimmy G:
2017: 6 games
2018: 3 games
2019: 16
2020: 6 games

Hell no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The 9ers made him a very rich young dude.

$85,250,000 for those 28 games in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

I'd be very surprised if BB traded 15 for JG with his $50M salary over 2021 and 2022.
BB liked him for sure once upon a time but that was 4 years ago and since then JG's track record is a peak with plenty of valleys.
Perspective
In JG's 2019 SB year Shanahan avoided passing in the playoffs as much as possible and went with the running game with Mostert. He didn't trust JG with turnovers.
In the 2 playoff games + the SB JG passed 58 times completing 37 (64%) for 427 yds (142 yds/game) for 2 TDs and 3 Ints. You read that right, 19 passes/game.
His QBR average for the 3 years in SF is 53.

Take away the name and look at the production.
It's not very pretty

Last edited:
I’m not a big fan of Jimmy, but he’s proven that when healthy he can take a team to the super bowl. Or at least not hurt a good team’s chances of getting there. I don’t think he’s coming here though. I don’t see BB putting Cam in a competition. This is Cams team at least this year unless he gets injured.

I’m not a big fan of Jimmy, but he’s proven that when healthy he can take a team to the super bowl. Or at least not hurt a good team’s chances of getting there. I don’t think he’s coming here though. I don’t see BB putting Cam in a competition. This is Cams team at least this year unless he gets injured.
cam isnt a starting quarter back any more... thats why he's paid like a back up

My hope is we do nothing on the trade front until the draft at least. Let's see what shakes out draft day and probably a week or so after. I can't believe I am saying this but I would rather have Cam then JG. Cam had more wins last year than JG had games played in 3 of the last 4 years. A lot of players make a 2nd year jump returning from injury similar to drafting, except more physical instead of psychological.

Back