49ers trade up, move to the 3 spot in draft

Sent Miami 3 first round picks and a 3rd ... huge price to pay to move up ... wonder if they tried to make a deal with the jets first... if so, and they didnt bite, darnold's days are done in ny

Jimmy might get cut loose, most likely next season... can we stand one more year of cam?

The only thing that changed for the Pats is making it harder to move up. Everyone in front of them right now, was in front of them last week too.

The only thing that changed for the Pats is making it harder to move up. Everyone in front of them right now, was in front of them last week too.
Is that true, though? Assuming SF moved up to take the third QB, and assuming Miami is not taking a QB (I don't think either of those things is a dead lock, BTW. Maybe SF taking a QB is close) there's still a difference in that SF clearly would not have taken a QB if the first 3-4 were gone, or they wouldn't have paid a king's ransom to move up.

Miami might not be taking a QB, or they might be sold on Jones and happy to take the riches and still get him. If that was true of Miami but not of SF, Jones is that much less likely to fall past pick X (pick 12, or pick 6, say).

I think that has changed. Before you could argue that you could have a chance at Jones without trading up. Now we're nearly certain that QBs are going 1/2/3, and Miami may like Jones where we now know SF didn't.

One thing unlikely to change, though: if BB is trading up, he's not going to do it before that pick is on the clock and he knows his man will be there. In all these years, I don't think that has ever happened, even once.

Is that true, though? Assuming SF moved up to take the third QB, and assuming Miami is not taking a QB (I don't think either of those things is a dead lock, BTW. Maybe SF taking a QB is close) there's still a difference in that SF clearly would not have taken a QB if the first 3-4 were gone, or they wouldn't have paid a king's ransom to move up.

Miami might not be taking a QB, or they might be sold on Jones and happy to take the riches and still get him. If that was true of Miami but not of SF, Jones is that much less likely to fall past pick X (pick 12, or pick 6, say).

I think that has changed. Before you could argue that you could have a chance at Jones without trading up. Now we're nearly certain that QBs are going 1/2/3, and Miami may like Jones where we now know SF didn't.

One thing unlikely to change, though: if BB is trading up, he's not going to do it before that pick is on the clock and he knows his man will be there. In all these years, I don't think that has ever happened, even once.
My only point was the teams ahead of us today are the teams ahead of us last week. What changed is the difficulty of trading up, if anything. Before you could argue.

If they like Jones, and if he falls past, say, 9ish, then they'll pull the trigger to go get him. Belichick always says it's not just the value of the player, but the player at the spot and/or at the price. Maybe they like Jones at 10 or lower. Maybe only at 18 or lower, and they take someone else with him on the board, or they trade back a few slots.

BB's an economics guy, and it's not as simple as "go get your guy."

If they like Jones, and if he falls past, say, 9ish, then they'll pull the trigger to go get him. Belichick always says it's not just the value of the player, but the player at the spot and/or at the price. Maybe they like Jones at 10 or lower. Maybe only at 18 or lower, and they take someone else with him on the board, or they trade back a few slots.

BB's an economics guy, and it's not as simple as "go get your guy."
Yeah, and there's one thing that BB NEVER does...over pays for free agents. :coffee:

...oh wait...he did EXACTLY THAT THIS OFFSEASON...

No, in free agency...but, you have to if you want a player in free agency. BB usually never overpays in free agency. It's rare. Not this year though...

Who did he actually overpay, besides Agholor by just a little bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Says the guy who wanted to extend cam newton after game 2, to the tune of 100+ million dollars ...

I get that Jimmy is injury prone... he's still better than Cam though.
He's better than Cam if he can stay healthy for 10 games and wins every one of them. :coffee:

He's better than Cam. :coffee:
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by Focus Features

Back