49ers trade up, move to the 3 spot in draft

Sent Miami 3 first round picks and a 3rd ... huge price to pay to move up ... wonder if they tried to make a deal with the jets first... if so, and they didnt bite, darnold's days are done in ny

Jimmy might get cut loose, most likely next season... can we stand one more year of cam?

SF just gave up a lot of draft capital... would you offer the 15th to them for Jimmy G outright? That might be enough to shake him loose...

If you were thinking a 2nd or 3rd, I dont see that happening now...

SF just gave up a lot of draft capital... would you offer the 15th to them for Jimmy G outright? That might be enough to shake him loose...

Why would you offer a first rounder for him if they’re drafting his replacement ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No way in hell I'm giving up 15 for Jimmy, that would be a terrible trade.....probably nothing earlier than the 4th......we traded him for a late 2nd, he has piled up a couple of injuries, and now has a giant contract.

Why would you offer a first rounder for him if they’re drafting his replacement ?

Why? To secure his services...

You want to let them cut him loose, then have to deal with other teams trying to sign him?

Think the Bears are happy with Andy Dalton? Think the Saints are sold on Jameis Winston or the other guy whatshisname hill?

There are a lot of teams out there who need a quarterback... we are one of them... The 15th spot in the draft is a cheap price to pay

Why? To secure his services...

You want to let them cut him loose, then have to deal with other teams trying to sign him?

Think the Bears are happy with Andy Dalton? Think the Saints are sold on Jameis Winston or the other guy whatshisname hill?

There are a lot of teams out there who need a quarterback... we are one of them... The 15th spot in the draft is a cheap price to pay

No, it’s a very high price to pay for a guy who makes $25 mil and plays 46% of the time.
Hard pass.

If he becomes a free agent, he knows that BB loves him, so I’d rather go that route than kill our team with that salary and loss of draft capital.

#15 for Mac Jones...if BB is getting a QB.
If he's there
No, it’s a very high price to pay for a guy who makes $25 mil and plays 46% of the time.
Hard pass.

If he becomes a free agent, he knows that BB loves him, so I’d rather go that route than kill our team with that salary and loss of draft capital.

High price? Its a cheap price for a franchise qb... send him to tb12, get his pliability going... problem solved.

Drop the cap hit via extension or a reworked deal...

Jimmy comes here, we are in contention for the division. If not, we are also-rans before the season even starts.

San Fran lowered the asking price for Garoppolo with this trade. If BB really loves Jimmy G that much, I could live with him parting with the #46 pick for him. Then they could flip the 15th pick and turn it into 2 or 3 later picks.

If he's there

High price? Its a cheap price for a franchise qb... send him to tb12, get his pliability going... problem solved.

Jimmy comes here, we are in contention for the division. If not, we are also-rans before the season even starts.
Yes, lots of variables and opportunities...

It'll be hilarious when BB does something that NO ONE has predicted yet...like draft Sam Ehlinger as the heir apparent. :coffee:

San Fran lowered the asking price for Garoppolo with this trade. If BB really loves Jimmy G that much, I could live with him parting with the #46 pick for him. Then they could flip the 15th pick and turn it into 2 or 3 later picks.
I'd pass on Jimmy for pick 46.....with his injuries and contract, 4th or later.

If he's there

If he was actually a franchise QB, SF wouldn't be trading that many picks to get his replacement.

I'd pass on Jimmy for pick 46.....with his injuries and contract, 4th or later.
I'm not sold on JG, so you won't get much of an argument from me. But since my opinion likely carries little weight with BB, if he really thinks Jimmy's the guy, I'd envision he would think a 2nd pick is fair. Additionally, if BB does think he's the guy, his contract isn't terrible considering the position.

If he was actually a franchise QB, SF wouldn't be trading that many picks to get his replacement.
Options are limited in the qb market. 9ers trade 3 1s for potential... When healthy, and I do understand his injury history, the guy can win... And that's what the game is about

Sent Miami 3 first round picks and a 3rd ... huge price to pay to move up ... wonder if they tried to make a deal with the jets first... if so, and they didnt bite, darnold's days are done in ny

Jimmy might get cut loose, most likely next season... can we stand one more year of cam?

Lombardi is reporting the 9ers plan to keep JG to play this year to give their drafted QB time to learn. I can see that. They have a good team with aspirations for this year.
If that's true, BB could be eyeing JG for next year and also draft a QB if one falls to him this year, possibly within trading distance.

As for Cam for this year, I'm kinda curious what he can do with the new weapons but I'd also love to see competition for him whether JG or a draftee. IBIT.

The more I think about it the worse this trade looks for the Niners. They gave up three first rounders to move up 7 spots. Crazy!

Not to mention Jets could still take Wilson, so that forces them to take Fields or Lance, which I don't think garner a top 3 pick unless they're afraid to go home empty handed at #10.

Back