49ers trade up, move to the 3 spot in draft

Sent Miami 3 first round picks and a 3rd ... huge price to pay to move up ... wonder if they tried to make a deal with the jets first... if so, and they didnt bite, darnold's days are done in ny

Jimmy might get cut loose, most likely next season... can we stand one more year of cam?

The more I think about it the worse this trade looks for the Niners. They gave up three first rounders to move up 7 spots. Crazy!

Not to mention Jets could still take Wilson, so that forces them to take Fields or Lance, which I don't think garner a top 3 pick unless they're afraid to go home empty handed at #10.

It's not all that much when you factor in next year's 1st = this year's 2nd.
They wouldn't make the trade to 3 unless they like both QBs who will be available. No GM would do that.

If he was actually a franchise QB, SF wouldn't be trading that many picks to get his replacement.
JG is about to be the most expensive bridge QB we've ever seen.

Read that again and think about it. Is that really what SF has planned?

Wow, if that's true. $24M is a lot of money.

But maybe it's not true at all.

So who are they targeting? A trade like that this early shouldn't be made unless there is a certain player that they want and feel strongly the player is going in the top 3.

The more I think about it the worse this trade looks for the Niners. They gave up three first rounders to move up 7 spots. Crazy!

Not to mention Jets could still take Wilson, so that forces them to take Fields or Lance, which I don't think garner a top 3 pick unless they're afraid to go home empty handed at #10.
Yup. This was a Dave Dombrowski-esque trade. And, at best, they're still only going to net the consensus THIRD-best QB in the draft. Baffling.

Lombardi is reporting the 9ers plan to keep JG to play this year to give their drafted QB time to learn. I can see that. They have a good team with aspirations for this year.
If that's true, BB could be eyeing JG for next year and also draft a QB if one falls to him this year, possibly within trading distance.

As for Cam for this year, I'm kinda curious what he can do with the new weapons but I'd also love to see competition for him whether JG or a draftee. IBIT.
It's risky to wait until next year for Jimmy. Any number of teams could want him if he performs well this season. I still hope we move up in the draft to take a Qb.

If BB plans for sCam to start the whole year again, expect about the same results as last year.
Disagree. The supporting cast around him now is light years ahead of last season's crew. Plus, the schedule is far less daunting than last year's. I hope the starting QB is someone other than Cam. But, either way, the win
totall will definitely be better than last season. This team right now, other than at QB, is loaded. WR? Maybe not right now, but Bill's not done yet. As Phil Perry and Curran said on their podcast this week they' don't have a lot of open spots for rookies now. Someone here said this team still needs a major infusion of talent to compete. No, they just need a QB, and I'm not convinced Cam can't be that guy. But, I want another option that isn't there yet.

Disagree. The supporting cast around him now is light years ahead of last season's crew. Plus, the schedule is far less daunting than last year's. I hope the starting QB is someone other than Cam. But, either way, the win
totall will definitely be better than last season. This team right now, other than at QB, is loaded. WR? Maybe not right now, but Bill's not done yet. As Phil Perry and Curran said on their podcast this week they' don't have a lot of open spots for rookies now. Someone here said this team still needs a major infusion of talent to compete. No, they just need a QB, and I'm not convinced Cam can't be that guy. But, I want another option that isn't there yet.
It's a much better roster, no doubt. sCam is the problem. If he was injured last year (throwing arm specifically), and all healed up now...it might be better. He didn't throw the ball well at all.

he played half a season in New England in 2017.
Spent two games on the bench in SF, pinch hit in one, then took over and went 5-0 in his five starts.

And how healthy was he during his stint replacing Brady?
Oh, that’s right, he didn’t make it through two games.

Face it, it’s fragile as hell and is not worth a first rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back